Remove A pillar trim

mabnz

Hey guys

I've been trying in desperation to remove my a pillar trim, so I can route my dashcam wires behind it. I've pulled and pulled (from the top) but it seems to be anchored somewhere I can't see, and with the airbag behind it (and being a new car!) I don't want to pull too hard.

Can someone help me understand how it fixes on?

Many thanks!

Mike

Edited by mabnz

carefully prise it away so the two v spring clips are released - it will be loose but still attached; then carefully pull upwards towards to roof

Success! The clips were v shaped, and they slot into the A pillar, but mine were really, really tight. A good deal of pulling and twisting before I could actually see them and pull the direction they need to come out.

post-143076-0-37229500-1473842754_thumb.jpg

Edited by mabnz
  • Like 2

Success! The clips were v shaped, and they slot into the A pillar, but mine were really, really tight. A good deal of pulling and twisting before I could actually see them and pull the direction they need to come out.

I guess by now it is too late, but can you add a picture of the actual trim you removed (where the clips are visible) so that we know where to pull? :)

• Like 1

I guess by now it is too late, but can you add a picture of the actual trim you removed (where the clips are visible) so that we know where to pull? :)

Sorry I've already put it back. But there are only two clips, the first is near the top about 10cm from the top, and the second clip is about 2/3 of the way, at the bottom.

If it helps, I've annotated on the attached image where the clips are roughly.

post-143076-0-45948800-1473848689_thumb.jpg

Edited by mabnz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anyone know length of the clips or for a part number? I've lost both of mine. One has actually gone into pillar, as for the other one, who knows! There are two sizes on eBay so want to make sure I get correct size.  Don't really want to take drivers side apart to measure them as I'll probably mess that one up too! 

• 1 year later...

@FrankLK I had the same on my passenger side.

I took it off and reseated it. Made a big difference. Still get a buzz now and again but it’s nowhere near as bad.

Failing that maybe some adhesive foam pads where it contacts the dash and window may help reduce the vibrations.

On 14/09/2016 at 08:33, Wakey said:

I'd advise removing the trim and routing cable so it doesn't interfere with airbag :)

+1 

When i fitted mine I removed the trim and secured it to the loom that was there making sure it was well away from the airbag.  More work but peace of mind :)

• 1 year later...