Debadging - Best Way?

What's bottom left? Can't make it out on a phone.

Top is "Skoda" and "Octavia"

I can't actually read the bottom on a computer monitor, but I think it may be engine type and trim level or possibly a 4x4x0 ;) badge.

Having said which I think the worst looking bit is those exhaust tips!

FWIW I think its great and doesn't need touching ? Are you bored :D

I've never really got to understand the whole smoothing/debadging side of things but we are all different I guess.

For me its the modern identity of a very modern car ( not a classic aston or other sports car).

- If I was buying I'd expect the standard badges on too, and rather they were never removed.

I am removing the Skoda and Octavia on mine leaving just the Badge and vRS.  But the idea above is good, on top of that I would say have some wd40 ready to remove any sticky gunk left then a load of polish as depending on age the paint can fade around the badge..  Trust me, that is annoying!!

Also I totally love the exhausts on the new vRS!!  Maim reason I got the petrol was I couldn't stand the idea of the left one being fake though!!

:D

Always makes me chuckle, dead keen to get shot of the Skoda badge but the 'show off' vRS badge always gets to stay!

Either de-badge completely and stand by the 'de-cluttering' claim or leave well alone.

If that was for me, I'm keeping the skoda badge as above, got no issues with it at all.  No point trying to hide the fact it is a vRS, fairly obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence...

But I always stand by my sig!  :D

Tried the hair dryer & dental floss on mine (was fresh - only 4 days old so glue not really baked on by the sun), after using about 14 miles of floss I lost patience and got the head gun out!! Heated up the badge/logo until it was just starting to distort, it then peeled off in a few parts (its actually 3 parts stuck together) quite easily albeit with burnt finger tips, then I used the hair dryer on max on the letters, bit slower due to less heat that the heat gun, but the came off easily enough.... Floss is a waste of time!

:D

Always makes me chuckle, dead keen to get shot of the Skoda badge but the 'show off' vRS badge always gets to stay!

Either de-badge completely and stand by the 'de-cluttering' claim or leave well alone.

Sorry for the lack of response, work has tied me up  :dull:

Debadging completely is the plan, except the skoda roundel, that can stay.

Thanks for the help everyone I'll try and have a go at the weekend.

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of response, work has tied me up  :dull:

Debadging completely is the plan, except the skoda roundel, that can stay.

Thanks for the help everyone I'll try and have a go at the weekend.

Picked up my new Superb on Tuesday, debadged completely yesterday, used fishing line (8lb bs, I'm an angler), heat gun, tardis and a bit of polish.

The only badges that remain are the circular Skoda Emblem, seen some carbon options....can't decide on them.

• Like 2

Decent quality fishing line is far more use than dental floss. It won't snap. Then just use a sawing action behind the badge, to get through the adhesive.

Then some WD-40 or similar to remove any adhesive residue, clean down then apply some wax as a minimum to protect the paintwork that's now on show.

• Like 1