Cost for 1st Service - Variable Servicing

I have just booked my Superb 150 TDI - DSG in for its 1st service, it is on variable servicing so it will have done approx 18,000 miles by the time it goes in. I have been quoted £256.00 does this sound about right? This is my 1st Skoda so don't have anything to compare it against. 

Happy to pay the money as long as it is a comparible price to what others have paid. as Offski mentions if it is just a Minor Service with a few extra checks it is a rip off 

Other question.. is it a lease car or private owned... if lease.. i would be going for the cheapest option using OEM parts if the contract states your allowed.

I used to take my BMW to my local Halfords Autocentre.. Oil change and filters for £79 fitted... Engine took best part of 8 litres of oil so was a good deal for me,  Reason i used them though was my friends dad works there on reduced hours... , (he's retired) been in the trade for 40 years and cant help not getting his hand dirty sitting around doing nothing, so always booked the car in with him and he took it for me.

The car is privately owned, not keen on going to Halfords seeing as they cannot change a battery without setting the car on fire  :no:  http://garagewire.co.uk/news/halfords-apologises-after-expert-fitter-sets-van-on-fire/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=News&utm_content=News+CID_e47eb0498cbbde9a129adf6934c7b914&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=Halfords%20apologises%20after%20expert%20fitter%20sets%20van%20on%20fire

I have some other issues that I want resolving under warranty whilst it is at the dealer, just wanted to sense check the price.

£256 was the price I was quoted, it goes in next Thursday. Quite reasonable compared to Mercedes prices I have had to pay for the last fifteen years!

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 1

I changed from variable to fixed service intervals (yearly).

Just had the first service at main dealer which included oil and filter and a full,inspection with written report. Cost £132.

Incidentally, while the car was being serviced, I received an email from the service dept with a link to a video - this showed a 'walk through' of the underside of the car while up on the ramp, including suspension and brake components. All narrated/ described by the Technician who did the service. First time I've seen this!!

• Like 2

I changed from variable to fixed service intervals (yearly).

Just had the first service at main dealer which included oil and filter and a full,inspection with written report. Cost £132.

Incidentally, while the car was being serviced, I received an email from the service dept with a link to a video - this showed a 'walk through' of the underside of the car while up on the ramp, including suspension and brake components. All narrated/ described by the Technician who did the service. First time I've seen this!!

Mercedes have been doing this for some time now. It saved me a few bob when the lease car went back as five days after the video they wanted to charge me for 2 tyres that the video had shown were legal, even if JUST!

• Like 2

After both my last two services (4 years Mk.II Superb last year, 12 months Mk.III recently) I've had the satisfaction survey/questionnaire email from Skoda and one of the things they asked on each occasion was had I been shown a video of my car. I didn't have the foggiest idea what that was about - so now I do. Although an excellent idea it's probably not widespread as each service was with a different dealership and neither mentioned video.

I have just booked my Superb 150 TDI - DSG in for its 1st service, it is on variable servicing so it will have done approx 18,000 miles by the time it goes in. I have been quoted £256.00 does this sound about right? This is my 1st Skoda so don't have anything to compare it against.

for the first service I suspect all that will be done is oil change oil filter and cabin fillter. Health check as well

For this I think the normal price is £149. I just had my forth service for my skoda fabia tdi £259 but i got oil change, oil filter, cabin filter, air filter, fuel filter rear brakes strip and clean with hand brake adjustment. I had to pay an additional £52 pounds for the brake fluid to be changed, and £75 for an air con service as it wasn't working. The thing is ask them what there going to change when you phone them if they say it's only a oil change and a check round the car then you should only pay £149. My car was on variable now on fixed as i don't do as many miles. I was told by the service department first service is minor second major third minor forth major and so on. This is the first time I, ve had my air filter and fuel filter changed hope this helps.

After both my last two services (4 years Mk.II Superb last year, 12 months Mk.III recently) I've had the satisfaction survey/questionnaire email from Skoda and one of the things they asked on each occasion was had I been shown a video of my car. I didn't have the foggiest idea what that was about - so now I do. Although an excellent idea it's probably not widespread as each service was with a different dealership and neither mentioned video.

I have had the video for the last two services. It's pretty good as the technician said the centre exhaust braket is badly coroded showed me it on the video then called me to ask if i wanted It replaced.

Prices listed here (scroll down the page) - http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed/default/

There is a footnote that says these prices are for fixed service intervals which mine is on and due in December.

So £149 minor this year then £269 major next year.

Prices listed here (scroll down the page) - http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed/default/

There is a footnote that says these prices are for fixed service intervals which mine is on and due in December.

So £149 minor this year then £269 major next year.

I took out a service plan for £279 that covers the 2 services above. Price is for cars <1 Year old.

You can pay this monthly over 18 months interest free.

That saves £139 for 2 years of servicing. Not sure but think it's only available if you're on fixed/annual servicing (someone else might be able to answer that one).

If it's an older car Skoda do the 2 services for £387.

I bought mine from RRG Skoda in Rochdale. I pay just over £11 per month on interest free direct debit over three years for a three year service plan. Also includes free puncture repairs for the lifetime that I own the car and yes they do the video thing emailing a link with the technician talking through the condition of the vehicle. Excellent service so far.

• Like 1

My car went for it's first service yesterday at Caffyns Tunbridge Wells, excellent service, got the video, total cost including fitting the winter wheels and a loan car was £268.

Loan car was a petrol Yeti, impressions were harsh suspension and gutless, but I guess anything feels a little slow after a 280!

• Like 1

I'm picking up my first Lease vehicle in a week or two, 150 TDI DSG. I have it for 3 years, what services is it likely to need? I don't do galactic miles so kinda hoping it might only need the one at 2 years...

I took out a service plan for £279 that covers the 2 services above. Price is for cars <1 Year old.

You can pay this monthly over 18 months interest free.

That saves £139 for 2 years of servicing. Not sure but think it's only available if you're on fixed/annual servicing (someone else might be able to answer that one).

If it's an older car Skoda do the 2 services for £387.

The pre-pay service option covers the first two services even if on variable servicing so if you are doing 18,000 miles a year with mainly motorway driving once you have paid the £279, the first service you would have to pay full cost for wouudn't be until 54,000 or so depending on the actual service indicators. I think the pre-pay option did previously cover the first 2 years or 10,000 & 20,000 mile services but it is now the first two services which can be much more than the 10k and 20k mileages.

I'm picking up my first Lease vehicle in a week or two, 150 TDI DSG. I have it for 3 years, what services is it likely to need? I don't do galactic miles so kinda hoping it might only need the one at 2 years...

It's rare but not impossible to get 2 years from a variable service, more like 18 months.

Assuming your mileage is less than 20K a year then there is a chance your going to need a second service just before the car goes back to the lease company.

Don't pay any more than £149 at a dealer.

It doesn't matter whether the car is on fixed or variable service, the first service is an oil and filter change and nothing else.

I booked mine online as part of the website offer and that was what I was charged - no problems.

2.0 150 DSG Octavia.

Don't pay any more than £149 at a dealer.

It doesn't matter whether the car is on fixed or variable service, the first service is an oil and filter change and nothing else.

I booked mine online as part of the website offer and that was what I was charged - no problems.

2.0 150 DSG Octavia.

Same here for me, company Octavia 2.0TDI  150 DSG, first service at Winchester Motor Company (Skoda main dealer) £149, very good service from them, also had my Superb in for recall, again great service.

What sort of millage and ages were the first services carried out?

Mine will have done approx 18,000 miles when it goes in for its first service in a few weeks. It will be just under a year old.

What sort of millage and ages were the first services carried out?

Mine was serviced at 17000 miles and was five months old. Service indicator showed a service due at 16000 miles but had to wait a week before I could get it booked in.

Edited by SteveHut