Magazine featured mk3 octavia vrs estate 390bhp

Ant-Vrs

Just now, BigK said:

Awesome! - so thats full VWR intake, Intercooler, IS38 turbo and Full exhaust or just catback?

Hows the clutch holding up?

VWR Intake and FMIC, Milltek Sport cat full system (3" I think?) and IS38 and it's DSG

1 minute ago, creamvRS said:

VWR Intake and FMIC, Milltek Sport cat full system (3" I think?) and IS38 and it's DSG

Yeah I realised after I typed it was DSG. I'm currently trying to wait till my approved warranty runs out before I get mine re-mapped but trying to not spend too much money but nearly 400hp is kinda tempting...

3 minutes ago, BigK said:

Yeah I realised after I typed it was DSG. I'm currently trying to wait till my approved warranty runs out before I get mine re-mapped but trying to not spend too much money but nearly 400hp is kinda tempting...

:D - I have 220 TSI wagon with DSG with VWR R600 intake and milltek 3" downpipe with sport cat and waiting to map stage 2.

I took Ant's for a spin at Stage 2 330bhp and it felt crazy difference! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, creamvRS said:

:D - I have 220 TSI wagon with DSG with VWR R600 intake and milltek 3" downpipe with sport cat and waiting to map stage 2.

I took Ant's for a spin at Stage 2 330bhp and it felt crazy difference! 

I Bet! My modified Mazda 3 MPS had 340bhp and that thing on track could keep up with much faster machinery and the Octy is only 20kg heavier.

I have the manual TSi as I'm not a fan of auto boxes (I spent to much effort learning how to heel & toe properly!) and worried about killing my clutch with that much power. Also dont want a loud exhaust because I share the car with the wife and she hated the HKS exhaust I had on my Mazda 3 MPS - maybe the resonated Milltek I'll get away with.... 

I'll stop filling up this thread but its making me want to spend a lot of money!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ant-Vrs said:

I've got the car back from Ben at shark performance on Wednesday night and oh my god it's quick.. 

It made 383bhp and 575nm outside temp at 24°c which is not the best temp to do dyno runs. If it was cooler it should made the 400 club 

WOW those are big numbers for an Octy, you've made one VRS245 owner very jealous, definately not racing you at SANTA POD!:biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dubDEAN said:

BEAST B)

Thanks @dubDEAN

2 hours ago, BigK said:

Awesome! - so thats full VWR intake, Intercooler, IS38 turbo and Full exhaust or just catback?

Hows the clutch holding up?

You could say stage 3+ really with all the other mods 

Racingline r600

Racingline turbo pipe

Racingline 90° pipe

Racingline fmic

Racingline oil management system with catch tank 

Milltek 3" tbe with sports cat and non res

Is38 turbo mk7.5 R

RS7 spark plugs

Gfb dv+ (golf r one)

Neuspeed hi Flo intercooler pipe and muffler delete

Apr boost pipes  

Its a dsg and that's been mapped to suit 

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

WOW those are big numbers for an Octy, you've made one VRS245 owner very jealous, definately not racing you at SANTA POD!:biggrin:

Sorry not sorry @shyVRS245 :D

• Like 3

Amazing reading this thread from page one to now. 

What a journey and transformation for an already capable car into a monster. 

Id love to know what that thing does on a 0-60. :cool:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EddGee said:

Amazing reading this thread from page one to now. 

What a journey and transformation for an already capable car into a monster. 

Id love to know what that thing does on a 0-60. :cool:

Thanks for the nice comment. I'm not sure on what the time would be 

13 hours ago, KjetilRos said:

What a car. Really impressive!  Love it! 

Cheers 

3 hours ago, Janno1 said:

Very very nice!! Wish I could tune the 245 to that spec. 

All we need now is a video!!

I want to make some videos too

Nipped down to N.A.W AUTOMOTIVE to get them just to check over the subframe, wishbones etc is it with the extra power nothing had come loose with swapping everything. Managed to get a under picture of the alloy subframe and neuspeed farb 

20180420_171922.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ant-Vrs said:

Nipped down to N.A.W AUTOMOTIVE to get them just to check over the subframe, wishbones etc is it with the extra power nothing had come loose with swapping everything. Managed to get a under picture of the alloy subframe and neuspeed farb 

20180420_171922.jpg

Ant could you tell us all what revs did the power and torque figures get recorded at. My smaller turbo maxed at 5500rpm for power and 2800rpm for torque. Just curious but you've got me thinking Milltek exhaust, intercooler upgrade, aibox upgrade and stage 2 mapping. Would like to get to about 330bhp before the wallet finally closes. HA HA!:D:o

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Ant could you tell us all what revs did the power and torque figures get recorded at. My smaller turbo maxed at 5500rpm for power and 2800rpm for torque. Just curious but you've got me thinking Milltek exhaust, intercooler upgrade, aibox upgrade and stage 2 mapping. Would like to get to about 330bhp before the wallet finally closes. HA HA!:D:o

I've not got a graph yet from shark but I'm popping up tomorrow at there rr day and I will get and post it up. They said it's one of the best graphs they've seen for the curve and holding the power

• Like 2