Octavia III Facelift

Yet again the configurator is up to its usual tricks of wanting to have everything as a separate item, but not giving advance warning of things which need to go together

playing with a vRS estate: why, if I want the Black Design Package (150) - with no indication of what it includes - do I also need to tick the "gloss black roof rails" (60) ?

Now I know it will have something to do with being able to ask for the Black package on a hatch, which doesn't have rails, but why make different rails mandatory for the Estate if you want the other "black bits"?

If you ask for the variable boot floor, then the Boot Storage Fixing (the little velcro-bottomed fences) become unavailble, presumably incompatible with the variable boot floor, even though

a ) the variable boot floor looks to be covered with the same thing as the regular boot floor

b ) you might have the vbf in the "up" position and want to hold something with the fixings on the lower level.

c ) the picture of the fixings has them sitting on the top of a variable boot floor!! (you can see the fold, and that the side cubby is at a different level

Edited by Wet Kipper
  • Like 1

I pinged off a few enquiries on Carwow. One dealer came back to me with a monthly payment that seemed to bear no reflection to the cars price as it was coming in more per month than my local dealer even though the car was cheaper. I just left it. Couldn't really be bothered to dig deeper into why. 

I was a little disappointed with my recent Carwow experience. The 5 quote limit resulted in 2 quotes from different sites of the same dealership, one from hundreds of miles away and two others. One was a lot cheaper than the other four (which were not particularly good offers) but when I asked that one what was available from stock they never got back to me.

Personally I'm really not a fan of the diamond pattern on any car seats.  It seems to be the latest trend to put them on all the top spec Audis but I think it's just horrible - very OTT. :sadsmile:

I'm bemused. Asked for a finance quote on my best CarWow VRS price only to receive a message that the VRS is not yet available to order. Bizarre.

Edited by juan27

9 hours ago, Tam said:

Do they do a full leather seat in the VRS? 

Looks like the standard is cloth and the upgrade is Alcantara ?

No "full" leather as far as I can see. Full in quotes as it wasn't all leather previously, but looked like it.

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

I'm bemused. Asked for a finance quote on my best CarWow VRS price only to receive a message that the VRS is not yet available to order. Bizarre.

Ive given Orangewheels a bash as well. Should have someone calling me today at some point. 

Ok. A general question to those who've used Carwow. Two dealers have messaged me back and said "please see full quote attached". I can't see any attachments. Am I doing something wrong or have they both not actually attached anything? 

Everyone must be using different systems to quote a pch price Scout too.

Pricing seems all over the shop and none too generous either. They obviously know there's a huge glut of 2 Year old scouts heading back soon...

12 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Ok. A general question to those who've used Carwow. Two dealers have messaged me back and said "please see full quote attached". I can't see any attachments. Am I doing something wrong or have they both not actually attached anything? 

I eventually got a finance quote from a dealer through CarWow, but he did say something about the VRS not being in the system properly yet. Written quote for a minor spec change seemed to have a lower level of discount than previously offered.

Edited by juan27

2 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Got all my quotes back. Decided just to keep my current vRS. I'll pay the balloon and keep it for 2 or three more years. 

If your thinking of leasing, hold off until April 1St when the new deals are loaded on. Everything is very hit and miss at the minute it seems

Yeah keith but, my PCP runs out in September.

With 3 months to get one outta the factory

I'd need Skoda UK to have a price list for the vRS245 by end of May !!!

3 months from world launch to UK availability 

Fn unlikely

• Like 1

Just when you get use to the HL have to deal with the Black tail pipes. Hmm only thing I don't really like about the 245.

IMHO the Octavia M3 had some of the best looking pipes on the road but now they are stealth mode invisible!

Shame that.

lRSAv97.jpg

I'd like it all black but, as stupid as an Oxymoron, the wheels are those Fn dumb maintenance PITA face cut POS that won't last 3 year without getting whiteworm all over them. But don't try to claim on warranty with even the slightest curb mark.

Grrrrrrr

This Friday going for a service. I booked test ride to se the new FL while mine PFL is in the service. :clap: Will do some video review.