Octavia III Facelift

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:32, themanwithnoaim said:

To be specific Mo, the TDI version of the vRS model of the FL octavia has a fake right exhaust

Thanks for clarifying. I currently have a TSI vRS and will be looking to replace with the same, relieved that there is no change with the exhaust set up.

The only minor disappointment with the new FL vRS is that it is lacking a CD player. A bit old school perhaps, but enjoyed CD's on long journeys. The Columbus option is too expensive to justify a CD player.

On 5/20/2017 at 17:28, mo1965 said:

The only minor disappointment with the new FL vRS is that it is lacking a CD player. A bit old school perhaps, but enjoyed CD's on long journeys. The Columbus option is too expensive to justify a CD player.

Would be nice to have the option available, as it should cost pennies, but I must admit the 6 CD changer in my Mk2 hasn't seen a CD in years. 

Does the standard stereo have a HD you load MP3s onto? Or does it have an SD card slot? If so hopefully its works better than mine where the restrictions on the number files pretty much made it useless for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, juan27 said:

Would be nice to have the option available, as it should cost pennies, but I must admit the 6 CD changer in my Mk2 hasn't seen a CD in years. 

Does the standard stereo have a HD you load MP3s onto? Or does it have an SD card slot? If so hopefully its works better than mine where the restrictions on the number files pretty much made it useless for me.

The new Columbus has a solid state HD, with app. 10 GB space for music files, & 2 SD card slots (his 'n hers in our case) to play or transfer music to the HD.

The CD/DVD slot is also still there, which is great when you want to listen to original quality music, & to listen to DVD concerts. 

Our '16 Golf has the Discover Pro Nav (which= the Columbus on a '16 MY Skoda.)

Our old cars have an RNS510 & a Columbus, again with the ability listen to DVD music but only one SD card slot. We do keep CD's in all of our minifleet,

& our 2nd-hand EOS, much to our surprise, has a supplementary 6-CD changer in the central armrest with 6 CD's that the previous owners had forgotten to remove!

As for owning physical music, we still own Long Playing Records & the means to play them too.......

Spotify, etc, not quite sure what you mean, seriously............

DC

• Like 1

But what about the Amundsen (is it?). That is the standard fit.

Edited by juan27

On 4/6/2017 at 19:07, themanwithnoaim said:

With 13 weeks to get a factory order & a PCP ending in September, a possible July is no Fn use to me.

Looks like I'm gonna have to eat some humble pie on this one as the vRS245 has been available to order for about a week now.

So yeah, I'm actually very glad for those orderees, I was wrong & I'm sorry for doubting your optimism.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

7 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Looks like I'm gonna have to eat some humble pie on this one as the vRS245 has been available to order for about a week now.

My current plan is to order in early June for a 67 plate in Sept. There is a 245 thread...

Edited by juan27

8 minutes ago, juan27 said:

My current plan is to order in early June for a 67 plate in Sept.

That might be a bit late, earlier today I saw so.eone quoting 20 weeks leadtime

Dunno how true that is though, might be a lease company just taking the sting out of Customer Expectation

41 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I'd better get a lead time then as only holding off to make sure of the new plate!

7 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

You'll still get a 67 plate in Oct, Nov or Dec as well though... ;)

Yes but that's in danger of getting into waiting for a 2018 car.....:D  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Dunno how true that is though, might be a lease company just taking the sting out of Customer Expectation

Just been quoted 12 weeks via CarWow......

5 hours ago, aki78 said:

Just another comparison picture with the pre-FL. :)

O3_VS_O3_FL_full.jpg

Nice - that makes it look much more obvious.

Saw an FL vRS Estate in Race Blue on the M4 in Wiltshire this afternoon.  Was trying to get a good look at the new nose in my wing mirror, but it was going too fast :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Juniperz said:

Nice - that makes it look much more obvious.

Saw an FL vRS Estate in Race Blue on the M4 in Wiltshire this afternoon.  Was trying to get a good look at the new nose in my wing mirror, but it was going too fast :D

I wonder if it's the same one I saw early yesterday morning on the A419 by Swindon parked up in a layby... 

4 hours ago, djkarlos said:

I wonder if it's the same one I saw early yesterday morning on the A419 by Swindon parked up in a layby... 

swindon-ish you need to be very careful if you're going to chase a vrs - they are used by local coppers as unmarked cars :)

12 minutes ago, rob_e said:

swindon-ish you need to be very careful if you're going to chase a vrs - they are used by local coppers as unmarked cars :)

Yep, had to give up the outside lane to a silver 14 plate unmarked vRS yesterday on the northbound M3 just before Basingstoke

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 14:10, lukey@cz said:

But they also get deadly animals and many other things (not just cars) that can kill you as standard!

ps. Read the spec carefully, Columbus on Octavia is optional or part of the tech pack , similar to UK's SE Technology?

LOL !   Hello from Australia...    #StillAlive

Have ordered the VRS Wagon - we had an option for "Tech Pack" or "Luxury Pack" - and then 19" wheels, SunRoof and auto-boot.    That's all.

I've gone for them ALL - except for sunroof...

• Like 2

Hey all, new to the forum. I'm thinking of ordering a Octavia Combi Style with Sportline pack but finding it hard to figure out exactly what it'll look like even using the configurator? Also going to go for the 1l petrol. Don't really need much more power than that as it will be mostly for city driving and short journeys.

@Croat - nice review. Found few stuffs that I did not know about the facelift - the cat eyes, etc. Let me ask you - I have a Vision (upgraded Style) pre-facelift. 

It has silver elements where you show the new one has dark ones (doors, central console). Is this country specific, or all pre-face were silver now is this black?

Nice catch with the seats lines alignment :)

Also you say it's less noisier but you compare to 2013 1.6 TDI - right? Not to pre-face 2.0 TDI..?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTodorov said:

@Croat - nice review. Found few stuffs that I did not know about the facelift - the cat eyes, etc. Let me ask you - I have a Vision (upgraded Style) pre-facelift. 

It has silver elements where you show the new one has dark ones (doors, central console). Is this country specific, or all pre-face were silver now is this black?

Nice catch with the seats lines alignment :)

Also you say it's less noisier but you compare to 2013 1.6 TDI - right? Not to pre-face 2.0 TDI..?

Compared to mine 1.6 TDI this FL 2.0 TDI is bit more quiet in some way and FL 1.6 TDI is also, they both sound bit different. But 1.6 TDI PFL and FL there's definitely some difference in sound. I don't know exactly what. I suspect they maybe tuned the engine a bit and maybe inproved some isloation for beter sound prof. In my opinion cabin nosie is less in FL. And side mirrors have that new thing on the bottom for I guess less wind noise?

The 2.0 TDI is so good i cut out part driving 200 km/h because owner asked me to and to hide the licence plates.

The doors now in Style have dark lines in Croatia on FL. Yes PFL Style had silver ones. I do like them, but not that center part all black next to the lever.

Ones on the door are not all black they have some coloring lines if you look better.

And the cat eyes in the door now has no light. That sucks!

• Like 1