Octavia III Facelift

4 minutes ago, adambrownb said:

Can you go back and see if they have USB ports in the rear of the armrest! :)

There was none.  I believe they would be located on the center console below the air vents.  They are also an optional extra.  This car was a bog standard spec model.  Not a single option (bar metallic paint).

37 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

... The infotainment system had a physical on/off dial which I didn't think they came with now. Perhaps that and the mirrors are the result of an early order without the full MY spec? ...

Anyway, now very pleased with my order. Roll on July!!!

I think the standard Amundsen infotainment has 2 physical knobs.  It is the Columbus option that has none.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Went up to my local dealer this morning. They got a FL vRS in not long ago, maybe even yesterday. 

Looks good. This one didn't have any options so was just bog standard. Didn't seem to have folding mirrors (certainly didn't see the position on the dial for it anyway). The chrome grille does look naff so if you can, go for the black pack. Will tidy the front end up nicely. The infotainment system had a physical on/off dial which I didn't think they came with now. Perhaps that and the mirrors are the result of an early order without the full MY spec? I dunno.

Anyway, now very pleased with my order. Roll on July!!!

What colour was it ?

Really pleased with the new Octavia.  The engine is way more responsive than the previous C4 Picasso.

Managed to get the import a speedcam database I had to the Amundsen, if anyone wants a copy I would gladly up them somewhere.   Even gives a reassuring 'bink-bonk' sound upon approach.

Is the 'connect' thing worth activating, think I got a free 12m with the SE L.

1 minute ago, hyper7 said:

Really pleased with the new Octavia.  The engine is way more responsive than the previous C4 Picasso.

Managed to get the import a speedcam database I had to the Amundsen, if anyone wants a copy I would gladly up them somewhere.   Even gives a reassuring 'bink-bonk' sound upon approach.

Is the 'connect' thing worth activating, think I got a free 12m with the SE L.

Hi,

I wouldn't mind getting hold of the speed camera software for the columbus.....

5 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hows the standard interior look ? 925 is a lot to pay for Alcantara? & why oh why MUST Alcantara be heated ? It hasn't been cold in my Elegance for the last 3 winters

Looks alright, yeah.  Seems to be the same material but with the diamond pattern (do they call it quilted?) and not the ribbed pattern.  I didn't get as good a look around as I wanted as it wasn't the usual sales guy showing me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adambrownb said:

Hi,

I wouldn't mind getting hold of the speed camera software for the columbus.....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B61tnbK-vYp9TzE1NktDU2RxbUk?usp=sharing  (the 010217_scdb one)

extract to a SD card, did not work on a stick?  Use in the glovebox slot2, not the maps one.

then its nav->manage memory-> import (or something similar)

then you have to activate the ones you want in the personal poi bit.

Edited by hyper7
update

1 minute ago, hyper7 said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B61tnbK-vYp9TzE1NktDU2RxbUk?usp=sharing

extract to a SD card, did not work on a stick?  Use in the glovebox slot2, not the maps one.

then its nav->manage memory-> import (or something similar)

then you have to activate the ones you want in the personal poi bit.

Thanks for this.  Which file out of the 3 of them is it?

Just now, adambrownb said:

Thanks for this.  Which file out of the 3 of them is it?

010217_scdb

that one I did using the VW site, the others SKODAs, the  VW was the only one I  could get to display the icons, go figure?

Just now, hyper7 said:

010217_scdb

that one I did using the VW site, the others SKODAs, the  VW was the only one I  could get to display the icons, go figure?

Strange....

Hello, my first post but have been following for days now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by the spec and options list. I'm about to order my first brand new car, a VRS manual diesel and have noticed that there are several specifications listed under the description (over SE) but when looking on the options list, they contradict the description on several counts listing some as options only or n/a:

1.Cornering front VRS fogs - listed as standard but showing n/a on options list as neither standard or an option

2.Electric heated auto dimming folding door mirrors - listed on descripton as standard but showing on options list as an extra

3. Light assistant - listed as standard but also as an option

4. Lane assist - same as light assistant.

Confused. What does year 17/18 mean on the configurator?

So many questions before I buy one!

Just had confirmation my vRS is being built next week, and will hopefully be waiting at port in Germany by 18th May. Dealer thinks should be looking at delivery by w/c 5th or 12th June. Seems so bloody long ago when I ordered! Just my current 508 sw to sell on now....

2 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Just had confirmation my vRS is being built next week, and will hopefully be waiting at port in Germany by 18th May. Dealer thinks should be looking at delivery by w/c 5th or 12th June. Seems so bloody long ago when I ordered! Just my current 508 sw to sell on now....

What date did you order?

Hi,I ordered mine 11th April got a build week 20 may 15th,expected arrival mid June according to dealer. Hopefully no later.

Edited by Mark06
Incorrect grammer

And it's still not clear about the wing mirrors!!

Standard spec according to the written description
"Auto-dimming, electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots and memory function"

But in the spec prices it shows that same option (although slightly different description) as being optional at £175 for vRS
"Electrically adjustable, heated, folding, auto-dimming door mirrors"

And it's still not clear about the wing mirrors!!

Standard spec according to the written description
"Auto-dimming, electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots and memory function"

But in the spec prices it shows that same option (although slightly different description) as being optional at £175 for vRS
"Electrically adjustable, heated, folding, auto-dimming door mirrors"