Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps

superbtte

Jejsus!, This results are incredible, I hope that the engine will not jump out from engine bay on some stage. 2.0l engine and 500bhp sound mad. Can you provide some acceleration video ? :) Awesome car.

• Like 2

Jejsus!, This results are incredible, I hope that the engine will not jump out from engine bay on some stage. 2.0l engine and 500bhp sound mad. Can you provide some acceleration video ? :) Awesome car.

Plenty of videos, have a look at the youtube links at the beginning of the post please.

Phenomenal!!!

Roughly, if I may ask, what was the overall budget getting the beauty done to this incredible stage?

I've only test driven stock 280bhp Superb, and that felt nippy in the wintertime. But this story weirdly raises the interest towards Superb again, despite I drive like a blind nun ;)

• Like 1

Phenomenal!!!

Roughly, if I may ask, what was the overall budget getting the beauty done to this incredible stage?

I've only test driven stock 280bhp Superb, and that felt nippy in the wintertime. But this story weirdly raises the interest towards Superb again, despite I drive like a blind nun ;)

Budget can vary a lot depending on labour and prices you can get the parts for (if new or slightly used and monetary currency flactuations).

All parts are there so you could get an approximate cost in your country and depending on your ability to have cheap/free labour and wholesale pricing for some/all of the parts.

Edited by superbtte

So I guess it is roughly one third to a a half at least on top of a stock car price (please bare in mind that I look this from a window, where a standard car costs 50k£ give or take)... ?

Do you ever get mistaken for an unmarked police car?

It is possible as nobody ever tries to race me. I do not know if it is because my car looks too innocent or because they think I am a policeman.

And I never try to race anyone either on the street as I do all my testing on the strip and track instead. Safety comes first. Or I am too just old for that :)

It is possible as nobody ever tries to race me. I do not know if it is because my car looks too innocent or because they think I am a policeman.

And I never try to race anyone either on the street as I do all my testing on the strip and track instead. Safety comes first. Or I am too just old for that :)

Really when a new Bmw is up your backside, you dont stick your foot down? you must have much self control..

Interesting.......

I asked 'cos back in '04 we ran a Dark Green V70 D5 & used to make regular Saturday trips to Farnham, using the southern half of the M25.

I was never in a real hurry so I'd be cruising at 70 mph, in the left or middle lane & very few cars would overtake me (& no I wasn't hogging my lane, there was always space to pass in lanes 2or 3).

Back then V70's were used by the police so I concluded that the other drivers thought I was driving an unmarked police car.....

DC.

That is very, very nice! I can't believe the engine bay and underside is still that clean still though! ???? So not only have you gained a lot of go, it sounds like you've retained the ride comfort and luxury too?

I've not had a chance to watch the videos but I'm curious how it handles around a track... And am I right in thinking you're using the stock brakes there?

Did I mention how nice this is?

Cheers,

Steve

How long do you expect the engine to last?? I imagine even with the mods you've done which are clearly top spec it will put it under a lot more strain.....as well as the DSG gearbox.

I have no experience of engine mods of this calibre, obviously. On the dash cam video you can certainly hear the difference from a normal 2.0TSI to say the least....Sounds brutal! (But good)

Edited by vRSmiked