High Mileage Register - Superb 3

Come back in 12 months and let us know... :D

Mine is in for its first service next weekend with just over 4000 mines on it - I know, I know, its a 150 Diesel too - I was expecting to be getting a car allowance and driving for work  :dull:

I bow to your lower mileage, you are truly the wooden spoon winner so far.

I went for the 1.4 TSI Act Petrol, and it's on variable servicing and is saying I have another 515 day before the service is required. I'm getting 45 MPG with a nice quite smooth engine.

great cars whatever flavor fuel you choose. why pay more for less. (BMW, Audi & Mercs, could learn a lesson here)

Surely it should have had more than 2 by now??

The car gets serviced when the display on the dashboard tells me to.

It happens at about 19000 miles interval.

As I was in France when it reached the 38000 miles and the service warning came on, I put on an extra 1400 miles to make it back home before the service was done.

When I booked the service at Hayselden Skoda in Doncaster, they said that it was not a problem to have some extra miles as it was mostly motorway use.

Edited by mavala

March 2016

21884 miles

New rear bushes due to knocking at low speeds

Front bearings/CVs repacked with grease due to clicking noises when turning

Buzzing from dash - been looked at three times now, still not resolved

Creaking vents - been looked at twice now, not resolved

Rear seat bench stitching failed, being replaced tomorrow

Noise and vibration from the engine (once warmed up, different rattle when cold!) getting into the cabin, been looked at twice, not resolved.

Rear load cover rattles, not resolved,

External chrome trims addressed due to service campaign or recall - dealer wouldn't specify what, why or how.

Despite being a 190PS engine, it's pretty underwhelming. The fuel consumption is poor as well.

I'm topping up 10 litres of AdBlue once every 5000 miles on average

I changed the front washers as they were crap.

I have to admit, the car is pretty noisy, might go with different tyres next time round, although the fronts are still good at al out 22k!

The seems to have taken a huge number of stone chips. The paint doesn't seem overly tolerant to them.

Despite all of the grumbles about the car, it's still great and I'd have another one, probably Bi-TDI next time, or a Kodiaq. Go figure.......

Had mine 1 year today, not high mileage but have covered 13500 miles, not kept a log of consumption but do keep a record of cost of fuel, which is £2264 which equals 17p/mile, long term consumption read out is 28.5mpg

No problems at all with the car (usual washer adjustment on 1st service) , no squeaks or rattles nothing has fallen off or broken.

One of the best cars I have ever owned and totally suited to my needs, only car that has ever come close is a Mitsubishi VR4 Ralliart estate (twin turbo 2.5L V6 4wd 4ws 276hp) but a service interval of  4500 miles was a bit harsh as I was doing 20k plus a year at the time!

Edited by philsmith

• 5 weeks later...

March 11th 2016

29,000 miles

Still on original tyres, just!

Recently had front offside wheel bearing replaced but apart from that all is fine.

Car taken away on Monday morning and returned on Wednesday evening with a 66 plate Merc C220 AMG as a loan car :-)

Great service from Driverline and my local dealer.

I too had the front passenger side wheel bearing replaced (just today). 3,500 kilometres on the odometer. It made an awful growling noise between 50 and 80kph, and could be felt through the steering and pedals. All under warranty.

Appears to be a few wheel bearing issues reported?! A bit disappointing if it's happening at such low mileage....

They've sorted my CV joint but the wheel bearing noise is still there. 

Looks like it'll have to go back in.

Very annoying at 15000 miles.

Just noticed on these frosty mornings that my heated rear window has stopped working, first proper problem with the car.

Will live with it  till the next service.

Just noticed on these frosty mornings that my heated rear window has stopped working, first proper problem with the car.

Will live with it  till the next service.

Funny you should mention this, one day last week mine didnt work either to clear internal condensation,  but the next time i used the car and since its been ok.

Edited by RickTT

Was your wheel bearing replaced under warranty?

It's a company car on a two year lease. No issues at all and Skoda were really good about it. They told me that the dealers had to look at it within two days but I had it repaired and returned within three.

It's a company car on a two year lease. No issues at all and Skoda were really good about it. They told me that the dealers had to look at it within two days but I had it repaired and returned within three.

Mine isn't a company car but is on a 2 year personal lease.

I've had mine in at the local stealer but they've not done a good job. 

Is it better to let Driverline sort it out?

Mine isn't a company car but is on a 2 year personal lease.

I've had mine in at the local stealer but they've not done a good job. 

Is it better to let Driverline sort it out?

Sorry for the late reply but not on here often. I would contact them and see what they say.

• 3 weeks later...

So, as I picked my car up a year ago today, thought I'd just log my year's mileage alongside the rest of you.

Collected the car 1st Feb 2016 with 9 miles on the clock and as of last night (31st Jan 2017) it was on 31,153.  In that time it's been serviced twice with no gripes, and I've pretty much had a fault free year - had an occasional niggle with the parking brake/auto-hold very intermittently not staying on when I let the clutch up (see here) but even that's seemingly gone away :).

A very happy driver who is still very pleased with his choice, and likes driving something just a bit different - still don't see many other Mk3's round my way. :D

• Like 1

Took delivery 20th April 16, now done 29000, on original tyres 4mm on fronts, love the DSG but a little prone to wheel spin in the wet from a standstill, pleased I opted for rear wiper on the hatch. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lodge said:

Took delivery 20th April 16, now done 29000, on original tyres 4mm on fronts, love the DSG but a little prone to wheel spin in the wet from a standstill, pleased I opted for rear wiper on the hatch. 

Like you I've still got 4mm on front tyres (6mm rear), and I too get wheel-spin in the wet but on a manual, so it's probably just me!  Also got the rear wiper on the hatch, agree it was a good move.

51 minutes ago, MCG1975 said:

Like you I've still got 4mm on front tyres (6mm rear), and I too get wheel-spin in the wet but on a manual, so it's probably just me!  Also got the rear wiper on the hatch, agree it was a good move.

I often tow a trailer and the wheel spin is really bad, my previous 2ltr superbs never suffered from this, feels like little weight on the front end of the 1.6.

I love the car all the same but worry what its gonna be like in snow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coops said:

Mine is 12 months old early next week.

Mileage is around 29k - still 3-4mm left on tyres and no real issues that I can't live with.

7100 Miles - 3mm on fronts.