Order Wait Time

zuulan

Well, picked car up on wednesday. Free tank of fuel by way of an apology which was nice. Loving the yeti and having only test driven a diesel I'm more than happy with the power of the 1.4. Mine came with a spare wheel too but that reduces the boot space considerably. Brown leather in a jungle green looks good (to me).

• Like 1

Had an email Fri to confirm build is finally confirmed for next week. Optimistically they're still saying Dec for delivery but can't see it happening...

Thanks for the update, the lease company emailed to say they're trying to get confirmation from the dealership so I haven't had any confirmation it's being built this week yet so your post is somewhat reassuring.

1.4 L&K ordered 20 sept, dealer now has it and been offered collection on or after 15th.

Have to go in to sign finance paper work so that the finance payment is received before delivery which is a pain.

As its part-ex deal have to somehow sort out change of insurance - never done this before , how does it work with insurance  changing car details and getting insurance details showing up on the MIB database in time for drive home ?

• Like 1

1.4 L&K ordered 20 sept, dealer now has it and been offered collection on or after 15th.

Have to go in to sign finance paper work so that the finance payment is received before delivery which is a pain.

As its part-ex deal have to somehow sort out change of insurance - never done this before , how does it work with insurance  changing car details and getting insurance details showing up on the MIB database in time for drive home ?

Can you use the free 5 days skoda insurance?

Also, is this a Simpsons Preston deal.

Thanks - Didnt know about the 5 days insurance deal have asked the dealer ( Telfords Carlisle) for details.

Looked at Simpsons of Preston initially , but Telfords quoted exactly same figures , better part-ex, nearer  and we already have good relationship with them !

However must say that Simpsons impressed me with their quick response to all my queries and emails - very professional.

Changing the insurance when you part ex is easier than having an overlap.

When you know the pickup date and time and registration plate, ring your insurer a few days before and give them new car details and simply say you are changing cars from that time and date. If car is brand new they will enter the make and model manually as it won't be on system.

Strangely my new yeti resulted in a refund of £9 as it had a lower premium than a 2 year old Fabia S which was worth about a third of the new yeti.

No Black roof as I understand the black roof was dropped in August.

Not the best picture but its all I have at the moment.

Looks very nice, personally i do like the black roof but as i expected on the grey not too much of an issue nit having it. Would be interested in seeing other montes in different colours without the contrasting roof. By the way what are your first impression, colour, engine, dsg etc

By the way what are your first impression, colour, engine, dsg etc

First impressions are very good, all round having had a CR170 was a bit apprehensive on the 1.2 but needn't of worried performs around town and A roads brilliantly and MPG is only a few down on the 170 (did mainly short journeys and low yearly mileage,which was one of the reasons we got rid)

Love the DSG and even the start/stop is quite unobtrusive.

Love the grey,Yeti suits dark colours better(coming from a silver!)

Three days in and very pleased and I'm sure you should be too,let us know when you get it and initial thoughts.

Edited by carisbrook

My Monte Carlo 1.2 DSG was built and had a status of being shipped as of Friday gone. Dealership is hopeful of a end of December delivery to my door, that would be a welcome surprise.

Order places September 13th.

Edited by Snowcrash

My Monte Carlo 1.2 DSG was built and had a status of being shipped as of Friday gone. Dealership is hopeful of a end of December delivery to my door, that would be a welcome surprise.

Order places September 13th.

Hopefully mine came through in the same batch... I'll give them a chase to see

• Like 1

So on the 15th my Yeti was on the Ship at Emden so I am assuming it's in the UK (anyone know which port they come in to?) now at least and I've sent deposit and signed the paperwork.

Ideally Wednesday it will be delivered as I'm having to hire a car for the Christmas family run, but that will be very unlikely.

So on the 15th my Yeti was on the Ship at Emden so I am assuming it's in the UK (anyone know which port they come in to?) now at least and I've sent deposit and signed the paperwork.

Ideally Wednesday it will be delivered as I'm having to hire a car for the Christmas family run, but that will be very unlikely.

It used to be sheerness not quite sure that is still the case, also from asking around once the vehicle is built it takes approx 3 weeks to get to the UK dealership, once it lands in the UK it can take upto 5 days before being made available, with it needing delivery to the dealership a PDI and preparation before being ready for collection.

With the Christmas break etc I guess the chances of seeing the vehicle this side of Christmas are slim but still possible

Edited by jonnyboy78

If it was still at Grimsby yesterday you may be able to see it here :sun:

Grimsby_zps2zdepxro.jpg

• Like 4

Ordered 3rd November, picking up Thursday 22nd so 7 weeks total - for a Pacific blue 1.2 TSi manual SE L with DAB and the net divider. I guess thats pretty good.

As posted elsewhere on Briskoda my Yeti was ordered from local dealer on 27th April this year and I drove it away from their forecourt on 5th September, but some of the delay was due to (i) factory holidays and (ii) making it as a MY2017 version ............. having now covered just over 2,000 miles of joyful motoring it was well worth the wait, can't believe I didn't buy one years ago - you live and learn!

Got an email from the dealers just before Christmas to say that my car was out of the factory and sitting at the docks at Emden, so pretty doubtful if it will arrive in the UK before next week with the festive holidays, so should have the car sometime in January once everything gets moving again.

I agreed to a deal on 23rd Nov to buy a 1.2 TSI DSG SE L that had been ordered in as a 'stock car' and was told it was on the Docks at Emden and should be handed over to me mid December. I got a call 3 days ago to say it still hadn't been shipped and now wouldn't be here until well into the New Year. I wonder just how long vehicles are on the docks before being shipped? I also wonder if I've been fed a few little porkies :notme:

I also wonder if I've been fed a few little porkies :notme:

I suspect so.

Mine was built on the 12th January 2015 and I took delivery on the 29th, 17 days later including the transport from factory to Emden.

I agreed to a deal on 23rd Nov to buy a 1.2 TSI DSG SE L that had been ordered in as a 'stock car' and was told it was on the Docks at Emden and should be handed over to me mid December. I got a call 3 days ago to say it still hadn't been shipped and now wouldn't be here until well into the New Year. I wonder just how long vehicles are on the docks before being shipped? I also wonder if I've been fed a few little porkies :notme:

The trouble is, the dealer has no real influence over the handover until it arrives at their premises on the transporter. All they can do is give you the usual timeline from the port. Christmas holidays for the transport company and Skoda GB who must clear the vehicle will have messed with this.