Further modification to Ibiza Cupra PD160 Intake

HellFire

I think a few members on here have done this, in particular Josh I am sure has.

Apparently there is a part in the Intake (think it might be in the trumpet part) that is used to shield against water & debris. This can removed to allow even more air flowing to the engine.

But which part is it? I must be stupid and missing something obvious. I had the Intake off this weekend whilst cleaning my green filter and couldn't find this plastic thing limiting the amount of air.

Where is it?

Any pics?

Does it actually make ANY difference?

Thanks, Chris.

I've done this and it really does help getting more air in - reduced my smoke by a lot - it hasnt caused any problems with stones or water etc.

If you open the bonnet and look at the hole where the air goes in you can see the flap that covered almost half of the hole - take this part off and just cut it away

ok ' date='so its gonna make the difference with breathing the engine?

or any bhp?[/quote']

It definately helps on a remapped car.. less smoke and feels it revs more easily and pulls better higher up the rev range..

rekon its worth a couple of bhp on a tuned engine... seat wouldnt have designed it if it wasnt needed

i know but is it good for skoda?should i put it there after remap of before??

the fabia and ibiza are the same car... its a direct fit for the standard item :)

if your getting a custom remap... custom code 2 or jabba then its better off put on before you get the remap done.

otherwise it doesnt really matter

Neo's right.

But it does help a bit with the std engine too - again reducing smoke. I found the most improvement to be it freeing up the higher rev range :thumbup:

A worthwhile mod - whilst keeping it fairly OEM.

Don't expect big bhp gains - you won't get them.

I'll be leaving the trumpet there for reasons of turbulence and risk limitation... Its there for a reason.

Neo's right.

of course i am :rolleyes:

:rofl:

personally i havent bothered cutting out the deflector.. as its there to deflect bigger stuff like stones, flies and more importantly.. rain etc that would have a clear path into the airbox otherwise.. ive had my car drop into limp mode on several occasions in heavy rain..

also im lazy and dont want to be un-doing the strut-brace every other week to clean the air filter. (undue stress on the strut top bolts etc dont want them to shear)

I would like to point out the if anything like a stone managed to get through your grill, into the narrow aperature down the pipe and into your airbox it cant actually go any further as there is a filter in there..lol, not to mention a gauze on the air mass meter, stop fretting.

I would like to point out the if anything like a stone managed to get through your grill, into the narrow aperature down the pipe and into your airbox it cant actually go any further as there is a filter in there..lol, not to mention a gauze on the air mass meter, stop fretting.

its the effort im more bothered about :D

Present: Skoda Octavia Ambiente 1.9 Tdi 2005 | Diamond Silver (for work)

Present: Skoda Fabia vRS 2005 | Black Magic (for pleasure)

Past: BMW E46 M3 2003 | Silver Grey | Imola

Past: BMW E36 M3 Evo 1999 | Estoril | Grey

Zymol Car of the Month July '04 - I must get a life!

Please remove pictures of your Bavarian Barge and lets see yer Skodas:D