Heated front screen.

Adenuf

Possibly the greatest innovation in motoring since the seat.

I've only had it on one car over 10yr ago now but I still miss it. I still look at Fords every time I think about changing car just because a heated screen isn't an expensive option.

• Like 1

Possibly the greatest innovation in motoring since the seat.

I've only had it on one car over 10yr ago now but I still miss it. I still look at Fords every time I think about changing car just because a heated screen isn't an expensive option.

I do the same, pros and cons for every car but Ford always seems to win for the heated screen.

almost worth paying £500 for an old mk1 ford focus.

So bloody quick was what amazed me.

No more standing in the cold, spraying chemicals and scraping away for 5 minutes.

No more peering though a letter box sized clear space, risking life and limb 'cus you're in a hurry....not that I ever did such a thing in the past <cough>

Ford if you can't afford new. Spec it on a Skoda if you can. Along with the folding dipped mirrors, it is one of the cheapest and most effective driver safety options to have. Get in, engine on, clear within 1-2 minutes and safe to drive away.

• Like 1

Heated Rear & Front Screen & Heated Mirrors are fan-dabby-dozy.  

You just need drivers in a hurry to clear the drivers and passengers windows so they can see out at junctions or open the windows and things will be sorted.

Clear snow off their roofs as well because they do not have lose vision as it slides down their windscreens.

How big a job to 'wire up' though I wonder? Not something I'd fancy diy'ing, but looks damned good, especially as after 105,000k's. the original one is understandably looking a bit scratchy now

• Like 1

How big a job to 'wire up' though I wonder? Not something I'd fancy diy'ing, but looks damned good, especially as after 105,000k's. the original one is understandably looking a bit scratchy now

comes with full instructions on how to make the loom etc. I almost bought one myself last year. Wish I had now :doh:

Skoda now do cars with heated windscreens??

Certainly on the Octy and Superb, yes.

Think it's still just a factory option on the Octy. Standard on most of the Superbs iirc apart from the Greenline. Not even an option on that. to presumably keep the Co2 emissions down.?

Fabia? Yeti?

• Like 1

Skoda now do cars with heated windscreens??

My MK3 Octavia has heated front screen, heated washer nozzles and heated front seats. 

• Like 1

Got one on me tranny van - fab

Good for stopping it misting up as well. :)

Yes. 

Before the first frosty screen yesterday, I've been using it merely for demisting purposes, a common problem on autumnal days when you first get in it, especially for cars with air con, and it clears it really quickly.

Best option that takes priority over anything else on the car imho.

Doubt I'll ever buy a new or  newish car without one ever again now.

Heated washer jets are an added bonus too I suppose,