Factory vRS orders closed

Just been told by my dealer that you can no longer order a new vRS from the factory, only stock vehicles are available. vRS will be open again in about six months for the facelift.

Looks like I missed out! Will have to check the new spec.

I feel for you both. Purely by chance, I got my order in a couple of weeks ago but my dealer mentioned that they'd stopped VRS orders so they can begin retooling the factory.

I'm surprised that they're closing the order book this early. When does production of the facelift begin?

• Like 1

Bad timing for those of us coming to the end of the popular 42 month 0% PCP, that definitely rules me out of a new vRS then, no choice.

Astonishingly bad business practice, shut production down when a large proportion of your current customer base are likely to be looking for a new car?

It is 30 odd years since I lived in the UK but then the seasonal new year car buying spree was prompted by the desire to get an early annual new issue number plate.

Is that artificial, government prompted, marketing stimulus still relevant today?

Perhaps this time of year is a fairly dead sales period for most other countries?

Plenty of stock vehicles available - Good pricing too for obvious reasons.

Lincoln has 2 (1 petrol, 1 diesel)

Nottingham has around half a dozen (including a 4x4)

Sytner North Wales has a poverty spec silver hatch, but they offered a decent price.

I'm hoping the 230's might hold there value a bit more  

I wouldnt hold your breath on that. Not much extra to it and a standard remap will take a 220 beyond 230. 

The trick diff will appeal to a small percentage, but traders wont care about it and private sellers will see it as a "nice to have" beyond anything else.

I wouldnt hold your breath on that. Not much extra to it and a standard remap will take a 220 beyond 230. 

The trick diff will appeal to a small percentage, but traders wont care about it and private sellers will see it as a "nice to have" beyond anything else.

Thanks     :(    :'(  

On a positive note..... despite the unpopular front end, internally its supposed to be much better with a better standard spec/tech. However now the Superb is available with the Sportline trim, thats what I'd be looking at, in combi form of course!! I think the Mk3 Octy & new Superb hatch have an extremely ungainly rear end... Conservative in the extreme, personally speaking!!

Sorry mate :(

That car *really* should have been a 280 - No excuse for it, with the VW / Seat / Audi variants hitting similar numbers and the Superb having a 280 version of the same engine.

..........and a 4x4 and a extra £5K on top

I've dried my eyes thanks, The 230 pumps out more bhp anyway, around the 250/60 mark anyway so I'm not bothered about having a 280 version.

Don't forget when or if the new Octavia come out in the Vrs variant It'll cost an extra £5k or £6k + anyway making it non value for money.  I've also heard on the grape vine that VW might be dropping the Seat Brand.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I've also neard on the grape vine that VW might be dropping the Seat Brand.

Intriguing..... Considering that they have just released the Alteca (Kodiaq), it seems odd. It would also mark the end of the Cupra :o

I can see an argument for it though.... SEAT / SKODA are currently squabbling for lower-end sales, and merging them may make business sense as well as give the vRS some new credability.

That would be some Grape Vine that must be a member of the VW Group Board that was giving out information that the Spanish (& Portuguese Governments where the Alhambra & Sharan and built) and many investors in SEAT would be interested in.

The Seat Ateca is 5" longer than a Yeti, a Kodiaq with a longer wheelbase is 19" longer than a Yeti. 

SEAT are facelifting the Leon and releasing a new smaller car next year, the Arona.

Edited by Offski

That would be some Grape Vine that must be a member of the VW Group Board that was giving out information that the Spanish (& Portuguese Governments where the Alhambra & Sharan and built) and many investors in SEAT would be interested in.

The Seat Ateca is 5" longer than a Yeti, a Kodiaq with a longer wheelbase is 19" longer than a Yeti.

SEAT are facelifting the Leon and releasing a new smaller car next year, the Arona.

Think that will replace the Toledo in terms of the place in the range? Therefore probably the Rapid will go too.

That is not VW dropping the SEAT brand though, that is discontinuing models as Skoda did with the Roomster.

The Arona is only a small SUV car as i read it, then the Ateca is a bit of a bigger one, having no Grape Vines to confirm that on the Arona.

http://automobiledimensions.com/seat-car-dimensions.html

http://automobiledimensions.com/skoda-car-dimensions.html

Edited by Offski

..........and a 4x4 and a extra £5K on top

I've dried my eyes thanks, The 230 pumps out more bhp anyway, around the 250/60 mark anyway so I'm not bothered about having a 280 version.

So does that mean that the 220 Bhp petrol actually pushes out 240/250 Bhp? Where do these figures come from? If so, perhaps remaps to Stage 1 aren't necessary as these are the usual quoted figures. I understand VW group cars having faked emissions figures but I fail to see why the manufacturers would understate the engine power.

So does that mean that the 220 Bhp petrol actually pushes out 240/250 Bhp? Where do these figures come from? If so, perhaps remaps to Stage 1 aren't necessary as these are the usual quoted figures. I understand VW group cars having faked emissions figures but I fail to see why the manufacturers would understate the engine power.

There are quite a few recorded instances where manufacturer's quoted outputs for a turbo diesel/petrol are substantially less than actual output.

Sometimes it is to get around legislation, like when the Japanese legislated a maximum output (205kw?) for road going rally-based vehicles and the actual outputs for the Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi Evo were substantially more than their 205kw published figures

Not sure what the motives were for the following but the Nissan GT-R, Australian built Ford Falcon XR6 turbo (4L turbo), and Falcon XR8 (5L V8 supercharged) have also been independently tested to be about 30% ( more in the case of the last example) than claimed.

In VW's case I think their published figure is a minimum one and the vagaries of mass production mean that most produced will exceed it, although the amount will vary

The accuracy of some dynamometers for specific outputs can also be questionable and often slightly optimistic. Still useful for comparison purposes though when tuning and remaps often quote percentage increases rather than specific figures to account for this

I know of one instance in Australia where a 1.9pd Roomster was tested on a rolling road in standard format and found to produce its rather pedestrian specified 77kw and surprisingly this was at the wheel, after transmission and ancillary losses. Even allowing test equipment optimism I think it was reasonable to assume that example was producing more than the specification.

Production variation could explain why claims from owners and more rigorous published reviews can vary so much.

Conversely I know there are a few manufacturers whose outputs were nowhere near claims.

Edited by Gerrycan