Weight off a Fabia vrs

Thomson

Heavy for a small 5 door hatchback :)

The engine and box are really heavy.

I weighed mine when I took some scrap in,the thread is on here somewhere,IIRC it was just over 1300kgs

• Like 2

I just wanted to know what people have actually weighed them at. The threads I searched for people weren't sure if it was weighed with driver fuel etc. Says the book figure is 1315kgs. Just wondered what people had actually had them weighed at that's all. :-).

If you look in my build thread in my signature I weighed my vrs as a rally car so no non essential trim etc but a 40kg roll cage think it was 12 something but yes they are heavy for a small car.

Just out of curiosity why does autodata record it as 1460kg?

Thats strange on the website it says kerb weight 1245kg but when I was at a garage earlier today the brake tester weight wall chart had it down as 1460kg. Strange.

Edited by theezenutz

That's why I wanted to know what people has actually weighed them at. As there's so many different weights. They do seem very heavy for a little car. My old Saxo vts many years ago must off weighed around 850kgs.

If there 1315kgs. my target would be 1250kgs. Without losing the back seats. Just to lose some off the bulk. :-).

That's why I wanted to know what people has actually weighed them at. As there's so many different weights. They do seem very heavy for a little car. My old Saxo vts many years ago must off weighed around 850kgs.

If there 1315kgs. my target would be 1250kgs. Without losing the back seats. Just to lose some off the bulk. :-).

Get yourself a mk1 Golf or even a mk2 and fit your engine in it, you will have an absolute weapon without needing to rip out all the stuff that gives it some level of refinement.

Mk1 golf weighs about the same as your saxo did but you gain much more street cred, a mk2 weighs about a ton depending on which version.

Probably not viable for you but the I love the idea of little weight and much torque.