Snetterton 300 - 20/02/17

andsoutham

I know how you feel mate, my fabia days are numbered lol

Had to replace the clutch in September, one of the discs has just cracked/ split and the head gasket needs replacing as I was getting head lift on track

• Like 1

Looks like we all have issues haha. My 4th gear synchro has gone and first is on its way out too, boost pipes keep blowing off and being eaten by drive shafts and I'm pretty sure my cam shaft needs replacing :P

All part of the fun... Right?

• Like 1

Mines having its second new camshaft installed atm and the bottom end looked at....I've spent about £3k on my car this year lol.

Where does your boost pipe blow off from Andy? And what pipes and clamps you using?

Mines having its second new camshaft installed atm and the bottom end looked at....I've spent about £3k on my car this year lol.

Where does your boost pipe blow off from Andy? And what pipes and clamps you using?

I'm using airtec pipes and fmic. The turbo wasn't clocked enough when it was installed so the pipe that comes down from the turbo to the intercooler is sticking out too much and is contacting the drive shaft, the long pipe which then goes to the front of the car is too long which excaserbates the pipe/ driveshaft thing too. I'm using standard jubilee clamps which also weren't tightened up enough so when it popped off the first time il sort of stripped the bead so now it happens all the time haha. I need to get one pipe re beaded, shorten the other pipe and rebead that and then repair the silicone pipe which has rubbed through. Oh and try and clock my turbo :P

I would just buy a dark side hard pipe kit but they are so expensive and with the gearbox needing to come out I don't want to spend all that money on a car that gets used a handful of times a year now

I'm using airtec pipes and fmic. The turbo wasn't clocked enough when it was installed so the pipe that comes down from the turbo to the intercooler is sticking out too much and is contacting the drive shaft, the long pipe which then goes to the front of the car is too long which excaserbates the pipe/ driveshaft thing too. I'm using standard jubilee clamps which also weren't tightened up enough so when it popped off the first time il sort of stripped the bead so now it happens all the time haha. I need to get one pipe re beaded, shorten the other pipe and rebead that and then repair the silicone pipe which has rubbed through. Oh and try and clock my turbo :P

I would just buy a dark side hard pipe kit but they are so expensive and with the gearbox needing to come out I don't want to spend all that money on a car that gets used a handful of times a year now

It's very easy to get the turbo off these cars, can be done in 90 minutes if you've done one before. As regards to the Darkside pipes, they don't fit all that well. Mine sometimes vibrants against the crash bar and also the chassis under the head light.

You could take your car to unit 18 and they'll sort your gear box and pipe work out (cheap labour too). My box has been transformed since the guy they used worked his magic.

It's very easy to get the turbo off these cars, can be done in 90 minutes if you've done one before. As regards to the Darkside pipes, they don't fit all that well. Mine sometimes vibrants against the crash bar and also the chassis under the head light.

You could take your car to unit 18 and they'll sort your gear box and pipe work out (cheap labour too). My box has been transformed since the guy they used worked his magic.

Yeah that's where I'll be taking it for the work, the MOT is due in march so I may just stick it in to be done in one go :) what's up with your camshaft since having it done a few weeks ago?

Want to get this booked so I can sling the Croctavia round, Break caliper needs fixing but I intend on getting that done as soon as I have the cash.

Why not spend the money making it track worthy?

• Like 1

Why not spend the money making it track worthy?

Says the one whose drive shafts keep going, whose seat leans like a sailing boat, whose rear tyres rub the arches and whose steering wheel feels like it's going to snap off? Ha ha ha! At least I've never needed to be towed off track!

Says the one whose drive shafts keep going, whose seat leans like a sailing boat, whose rear tyres rub the arches and whose steering wheel feels like it's going to snap off? Ha ha ha! At least I've never needed to be towed off track!

Now now Dave play nice :p Pip had a valid point, plenty of track days in the year, personal opinion is that I would save up some dosh and get the car on some decent springs and shock absorbers :) it's already a nippy car with all the weight shedding you've done so I would look at perhaps doing some suspension fiddling? We're all friends here and a track day with upset people is no fun

Now now Dave play nice :p Pip had a valid point, plenty of track days in the year, personal opinion is that I would save up some dosh and get the car on some decent springs and shock absorbers :) it's already a nippy car with all the weight shedding you've done so I would look at perhaps doing some suspension fiddling? We're all friends here and a track day with upset people is no fun

There's no point spending money on a driveway ornament though Dave. I'd rather drive a rat than look at a lion, at least it goes and stops (or did stop :D). And if anyone's upset then they're taking things too seriously.

This will be Davids brakes if the pads last long enough...

http://youtu.be/TPf4qwtr8Fs?t=280

I think that is them anyway isn't it?

I'm booked off work, will book on tomorrow after I've been paid.

Can't wait to drive my car which the drive shafts keep going, whose seat leans like a sailing boat, whose rear tyres rub the arches and whose steering wheel feels like it's going to snap off. Going to be fun :D

• Like 2

I'm booked off work, will book on tomorrow after I've been paid.

Can't wait to drive my car which the drive shafts keep going, whose seat leans like a sailing boat, whose rear tyres rub the arches and whose steering wheel feels like it's going to snap off. Going to be fun :D

If your arches are rubbing, you aren't low enough ;)

Thetford Premier Inn. Maine Street, Thetford, Thetford IP24 3PG

£46.50 for the night. 15 min drive to the circuit.

Thetford Travelodge. Bridge Street, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 3AF

£32 for the night. 18 min drive tot he circuit.