First dealer return experiance, worst dealer return experiance

Hi guys

I took my 230 in to the dealers yesterday for them to look at some problems I've reported. I had a laundry list of issues but after having it for the whole day they appear to only have looked at once issue, which was fixed apparently, but could not reproduce other issues. They also did not apply my 230 stickers either.

On top of this I gave them two numbers to contact me on (office & work mobile) because my regular phone has died. Apparently they only tried contacting me on the broken phone :( Also they failed to call me back twice regarding me asking if they would be done by the end of the day or if I would have to leave it overnight.

Finally, apparently they would not do any drop-off service. I probably should have asked about loaner car but I was dropping the car off before they opened.

So after having to book this two weeks ago, the terrible traffic getting out of the place (not much to be helped) and the lackluster inspection and contact I am thoroughly displeased.

Would it be possible to get problems looked at by a different Skoda dealer from the one I bought it from? I might give the guys in my town a go at it.

So after having to book this two weeks ago, the terrible traffic getting out of the place (not much to be helped) and the lackluster inspection and contact I am thoroughly displeased.

Name and shame  :swear:

what problems have you been having with the 230, im asking because mine is going in next week to have the rear view mirror replaced. ive also noticed a squeaking coming from either the front or rear brakes on the drivers side it usual goes after a few minutes.

what problems have you been having with the 230, im asking because mine is going in next week to have the rear view mirror replaced. ive also noticed a squeaking coming from either the front or rear brakes on the drivers side it usual goes after a few minutes.

Does the Mirror Vibrate furn ?

Mine does but only very slighty on certain road surfaces

yeah it does mate if you just tap mine it vibrates, i showed the service manager and he agreed then after speaking to the techs he said its a problem we have come across before but fitting a new mirror doesnt always fix it. but its getting one to see if its better, the vrs sat in the showroom didnt vibrate when tapped. 

It must be an octavia common problem because i was also discussing it with the salesman and he said his car does it also and its not a vrs!

Edited by furn
  • Like 1

Email the Dealer principle asking to be sent a Skoda customer satisfaction survey. Copy in Skoda customer services on the request. You should get a survey back which, when you fill it in, impacts the dealer's figures with Skoda UK. There is space on the survey to amplify your dissatisfaction as per your narrative above. This then goes to Skoda UK, who WILL have a go at the dealer.

I was sent one by Skoda UK after some work wasn't done, alongside a less than helpful Service assistant. Within 24 hours the dealer's Service manager was on the phone trying to resolve the issues to my entire satisfaction!

• Like 2

You can take your car to any Skoda dealer, your not tied to the suppling one.

Blade are generally good. So definitely raise it with a Manager.

Yep traffic around Gloucester is pants at rush hour.

Thanks for your input guys.

The said I would need to book in a time that I can show one of them the issues I have been having myself. It will suck that I will have to take time out to go through all the issues but I hope they can work out something that isn't two weeks out again, I really want to get this stuff sorted before all the ferrying around I will do over the Christmas period.

Auric & furn, I've not noticed a vibrating mirror. My probs have been the following:

- Moisture inside the mirror indicator housing

- Subwoofer sounding strange a high levels

- Rattling on driver-side B-pillar (now fixed)

- Key sometimes won't rotate in the ignition barrel

- 230 stickers

- Rattling on driver-side B-pillar (now fixed)

And the solution was...? Been having a similar problem but on passenger side and they cannot find or solve it, so I need to do their job and tell them where to look.

• Like 1

And the solution was...? Been having a similar problem but on passenger side and they cannot find or solve it, so I need to do their job and tell them where to look.

If the sound is a buzzing/rattling noise that occurs around 2000 rpm then it is probably the fuel lines down below and a referred sound

I get it on the drivers side (RHD) and it sounds about ear level, so on your passenger side (LHD) and usually on the engine overrun and only when the weather is warm but every one is a bit different. My yearly service is in our winter when it does not happen so I forget to ask them to fix it. :(

Common complaint on a lot of VAG machines.

• Like 1

Amazing how you get good and bad dealers. I've been dealing with West End Skoda for 9 years, and they have never let me down. Sales, service. parts department, all top notch.

I'd echo this comment as well. it's the Dunfermline branch I use and they're a really good bunch. No use the the OP but hopefully helpful to anyone who may be near one of their showrooms.

• Like 1

I'd echo this comment as well. it's the Dunfermline branch I use and they're a really good bunch. No use the the OP but hopefully helpful to anyone who may be near one of their showrooms.

I've yet to visit their Dunfermline branch, but Graham goes round all the branches so I'm sure it's great. I was a bit miffed when they moved from Uphall to Edinburgh, but the new showroom is amazing, very up-market to say the least. At least it's at the west end of Edinburgh, but oh my God, that Hermiston Gate roundabout is brutal at rush hour.

Blade Gloucester are very busy at the moment. I've had to wait 10 days to get my cv boot changed.

If you live or work locally they will collect and return the car for you.

Unfortunately if you want to show them the problems, you have to invest the time..

Sometimes I'm not sure they are big enough to cope with the large amount of skodas in the area.

. At least it's at the west end of Edinburgh, but oh my God, that Hermiston Gate roundabout is brutal at rush hour.

especially when they tell you they can't have the car ready until 5 (even though they ask what time you want to collect),then they tell 4 other people the same thing and you don't actually get the keys till half past  :envy:

happily buy another car from the Sighthill guys - but we'll be looking elsewhere for our next services/work.

this is doing my head in and im doing my wifes head by continually looking for the source of this noise, im glad it could be the pillar please share the fix.

Oh yeah the sunglasses holder rattles as well!

this is doing my head in and im doing my wifes head by continually looking for the source of this noise, im glad it could be the pillar please share the fix.

I dunno what the fix was. Some people have said b-pillar rattles are down to a fuel line issue. I could try and ask next time I am in there.

My b-post rattles around the seatbelt height adjuster. It is a plastic on plastic noise that drives me mad too! At the moment I have stuffed some card in between the two pieces of trim to keep them apart and it seems to have worked. I may try some self adhesive material as a long term solution.

You've still got that crazy roundabout to deal with in rush hour, 1 out of 2 ain't bad lol.

I've used the Dunfermline branch since it opened 10 years or so ago.

I feel it's gone downhill quite a lot since it's changed from Chathams to West End.

Daft things like telling me the car needed timing belt, coolant and brake fluid because of the age of it..... even though they had changed all of those things 5months before.

Writing in the service book that the next service is due in a year or 10k miles even though it's always been on variable.

Not huge things but annoying.

I feel it's lost the family run feel it had when it was Chathams.