2014 Vrs Estate purchase

Hi folks,

Haven't been on here for a while as I sold my previous Vrs just over a year ago!

Anyway I am looking to purchase another Vrs, this time I am going for a diesel Estate!

I am going to view one at a garage on Thursday and was wondering what I should be looking out for??

It is a 2014 diesel Estate with black pack, full leather and about 50000 on the clock and is priced at £14000. From looking at prices this seems like a fair value, am I right with this or what should I be looking to get them down to?

Cheers in advance!

Unless it has been loaded with expensive options £14K seems steep considering it has covered 50K miles. When I purchased my 2014 VRS TSI via PCP I was provided a 3-year GFV of £11,300. A similar TDI version was quoted at around a grand more (from memory), but both of these were based upon just 10K annual mileage.

Bearing in-mind that lower mileage PCP's will be handed back at ~£12K, I suggest using this as a ballpark for negotiation. Alternatively, there may be a few members on here due to hand their cars back soon who will be open to offers.

Edited by Orville

Yes as a guide mine will be available end of march, diesel estate vrs - extras were kessy spare wheel crusie control black pack and sat nav, BUT has only 20500 miles. gfv is £12500 and I will be buying it and immediately selling it, so would have to check autotrader prices but if I was to get 14000 I'd probably be reasonably happy

I'd be delirious if I could get that much for my car! It's only got 27,000 miles on it and I can buy it for about £10,000 to £10,500 this month depending upon payment date but good as it is, I'll probably have to VT it and hand it back before my next car arrives. It looks like there is more interest in the VRS models than the more "pedestrian" end of the range.

Hi, just joined. I've also been on the hunt for a vRS TDi. I'm picking this one up on Saturday http://www.sparshattsgroup.co.uk/mobile/used-cars/view.php/?id=30305#finance

Couldn't find to many about that didn't have mega mileage

Looks like a nice car. I read the number plate as "HUGE ASZ" at first glance.

Edited by Orville

I originally wanted a Focus ecoboost 182 but the wife didn't like it, so we started looking at these.

Once I'd set my requirements - 13 on, Hatch, manual, diesel, under £14k and less than 50k miles, it only left 3 within 100 miles

I originally wanted a Focus ecoboost 182 but the wife didn't like it, so we started looking at these.

Once I'd set my requirements - 13 on, Hatch, manual, diesel, under £14k and less than 50k miles, it only left 3 within 100 miles

Hi mine as just under 40k and full service history so should get £12,500 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a diesel Superb at present with all the trimings but when I change I will switch to petrol bearing in mind all the adverse comments now re diesel, especially for persons living in or near large towns and cities. Citizen Khan is swinging the axe to Londoners re diesel which may well get banned, and if London starts, and with a greatly enlarged NO GO ZONE ( North and South Circulars ), others places will follow ( even Southampton right on the coast is threatening the same ) so the days of diesel may well be numbered, or at least, certainly curtailed. A shame, because diesel has many advantages, and I switched to it 20 years ago but now will have to ditch it if I don't want to lose a bundle on any " investment ". Was there not an article in Autocar recently saying diesel will be a bad choice from now on?. Dealers may well be reluctant to take them in p/exchange or at much reduced valuations.

I picked up a 64 plate diesel vrs a month ago for £15,495 with 18,000 miles on the clock.

It's red with the red trim and stitching and it looks amazing!

Enjoy the car..

Edited by 64VRS

Bearing in mind you can get a new one discounted to £20k and the residual at 3 yrs 36k miles is about 40%, so £10k based on £25k list price, these dealers are having a laugh selling them for £14k!