Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

On 18/01/2017 at 22:17, SashaGrace said:

Thanks guys

So a missed delivery note came today as there was nobody in which I'm sure is for the bulbs as I can't think of anything else I've ordered that hasn't arrived yet aside from the light switch but that's due in February. So Sunday will see the fitting of the boot carpet and valve caps and some silver indicator bulbs to de tango the car and I hope the rest of the bulbs!

In other news my red key cover arrived today so I've put that on

98C740D6-D309-461C-AAD7-E8FF4D2C0445_zps

68F53744-4ABB-4A6B-85BE-EB59E31619BC_zps

It doesn't fit as well as the one I had when I was 17 on my 307 but the main thing is if I drop the key it'll have some protection and keep it looking fresh. I dropped my Volvo key once and left a huge gouge out of the back and I'm forever throwing them in and out of my bag so it's £2 to keep the key looking a bit tidier IMO.

Also making an appearance at last is this

Cat got the box!

C6D28A3C-BEBD-41BC-9A3C-2B624971975C_zps

It's fitted and programmed in now and synced up to my phone, no pics as it was pitch black when I got home and you all know what they look like. Have a problem with the Bluetooth audio on my iPhone 6S though, the music keeps cutting out and the track ID doesn't know what's going on. I don't know how long the PID mount was left uncovered though so will give it a more thorough clean and try again tomorrow. The trip computer shows 49.6 MPG for today which is decent for a car with 122 miles on the clock and the journies it's done today. My C30 used to do about 19 MPG on the same routes!

Otherwise the nav system seems to work well from a cursory play around on the drive and picked up the phones 4G to use the live stuff OK.

More soon!!

Don't forget to sign up for the reduced rate map updates.... There should be a voucher code in there somewhere and I seem to remember it means you pay £18 for 2 or 3 years of updates (Quarterly updates).

I must admit I'm not overly impressed with the PID..... (Although having the superb I have the factory fit Bluetooth and Columbus so don't expect it to be up to the same standard as that etc...) I notice the phone symbol changes from white to red every so often whilst in use saying the connection has dropped and come back again.... Music over Bluetooth was ok but not brilliant although I've just put a load of music on a memory card and put it in the PID anyway so not that big an issue..... Also the notoriously bad radio reception shows up a lot on our radio although it's going to be raised as a warranty issue as I had an Up! as a courtesy car and noticed the radio reception was a little better than ours was in the same locations etc....

Edited by ColinD
edit test -ssl proxy - ignore
  • Like 1

They are from the VW Up Cross I think.  There is a fitting guide here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/281237-rear-wheel-arch-liners/  Was one of the first mods I did to my Citigo,

Cool thanks, will look into that :D I did wonder if they could be had as it would finish off the rear nicely and match the front.

Don't forget to sign up for the reduced rate map updates.... There should be a voucher code in there somewhere and I seem to remember it means you pay £18 for 2 or 3 years of updates (Quarterly updates).

I must admit I'm not overly impressed with the PID..... (Although having the superb I have the factory fit Bluetooth and Columbus so don't expect it to be up to the same standard as that etc...) I notice the phone symbol changes from white to red every so often whilst in use saying the connection has dropped and come back again.... Music over Bluetooth was ok but not brilliant although I've just put a load of music on a memory card and put it in the PID anyway so not that big an issue..... Also the notoriously bad radio reception shows up a lot on our radio although it's going to be raised as a warranty issue as I had an Up! as a courtesy car and noticed the radio reception was a little better than ours was in the same locations etc....

Interesting, I haven't read the instructions lol, will look in there for the updates, that'd be handy. I've never had a nav system built in before and this halfway house solution seems to work; the major features for me are the phone connection and trip computer. I haven't noticed bad radio reception yet really and it seems the BT music is behaving itself now.

Still waiting on the bulbs from HID's Direct!!

Cool thanks, will look into that :D I did wonder if they could be had as it would finish off the rear nicely and match the front.

Interesting, I haven't read the instructions lol, will look in there for the updates, that'd be handy. I've never had a nav system built in before and this halfway house solution seems to work; the major features for me are the phone connection and trip computer. I haven't noticed bad radio reception yet really and it seems the BT music is behaving itself now.

Still waiting on the bulbs from HID's Direct!!

Yeah in the box there is a little booklet that has codes for reduced rate updates and reduced speed cameras if wanted them also. I just went with the map updates as I already use a different speed camera database. I believe they have to be used within 30 days of you registering the PID with Garmin using their Fresh software on your computer.

Very strange about the bulbs. Whenever I've used them before they've always arrived either the next day or the day after that.

• Like 1

It's Sunday so as promised it is update time :)

First order of business is to fit the carpets to the rear 

I removed the parcel shelf, variable floor and mounts and the foam floor and carpet underneath to get started. This is what the carpets look like

IMG_5357_zpsbnrre5va.jpg

Fitting is very straightforward, pull the trim off start to line up, once the lining up is done peel off the adhesive and stick down hard. Bash the trim back in but be careful to align the centre tab on the bit that sticks down over the arch as if you don't line it up it'll just bash the socket behind it back and stay loose, took me a couple of goes to line that up right on the left hand side but the right side went straight back in! After that if you have the variable floor you must locate the holes in the boot and I used a knife to cut through the carpet so the bolts can go through. On mine the central adhesive strip was placed right over the central bolt for the boot floor but it will go though quite easily. With a bit of effort it is easy to get all 4 sticky pads stuck down for a nice tight fit. Here's a 50/50. On the right is how the boot looked when I picked the car up and the left is how they should always have been built IMO

IMG_5358_zpstvqgkd7d.jpg

Up close

IMG_5359_zps6bgamasv.jpg

And both sides complete

IMG_5360_zpsvmqbydpf.jpg

Boot floor in place

IMG_5361_zpsjhfzx4cx.jpg

Carpet match is great!

IMG_5362_zpsnrmxjkeh.jpg

IMG_5363_zpskrskots6.jpg

Floor down

IMG_5364_zps0mctw7sz.jpg

IMG_5365_zpsitamji05.jpg

Next step was fitting these

IMG_5368_zpsy90z9okx.jpg

Remove the old

IMG_5369_zpsdtzojrjq.jpg

And replace with the new, much better on the front now!

IMG_5371_zpss0ejhfjj.jpg

IMG_5370_zpsfm5kersy.jpg

Am waiting on rear ones and looking to find some way of doing something with the side repeaters as they bother me the most being orange!

Next was fitting these

IMG_5372_zpskiuv1eev.jpg

Nice genuine Skoda ones all lined up properly ;)

Lastly was the auto light conversion, start by removing the old light switch

IMG_5353_zpsacdrtaua.jpg

Remove the dash side trim and place the control box in there, cable tie to the metal support and run the cable to the switch through the hole.

IMG_5355_zpskbmxz8cm.jpg

IMG_5354_zpssgop57t6.jpg

Route the sensor up to the dash somewhere and stick it down

IMG_5356_zpsj24vtpzt.jpg

I got it here because it is unobtrusive and honestly doesn't catch the eye when you sit inside.

Last thing to do is test it and that's easy! Place a tissue or something over the sensor to make it dark and go for it ;) The convenience function (lights come on for 20 seconds when the car is locked/unlocked in the dark) are activated which is a nice touch.

Please excuse the background chatter, my sniffing and me standing there like a tit pressing the lock button for ages until I realised the drivers door was open! As you can see the lights on the switch are red as it is meant for an up! but that doesn't bother me that much, the fact it's chrome and not black is much more relevant to me tbh

And another test

Then the comfort access at night and showing the lights do go off when commanded lol, the only issue I have found is when the lights come on and the door is opened it does throw a few pings to say the lights are on but it shuts up in the end

EDIT the 3rd video won't link so will try again in the morning, they are meant to be 4K video's from my phone but they're not really 4K but YT takes ages to sort itself out. You get the idea though ;)

Hope that shows all that clearly :D I'm very happy with those mods tbh, really complete the car for me. I am not happy with the PID as it simply doesn't play music from my phone, have re synced them, cleaned the PID mounts, reset the PID, reset the phone, tried 3 different phones and it doesn't play music properly. It skips and goes off and sometimes doesn't play at all, the track ID is never working properly and none of the PID controls work to change track. Also the puncture warning has come on twice since I picked it up so tomorrow will be ringing the dealer to sort those, I think my PID is the one from the display cabinet tbh as they looked a bit sheepish when I asked for it the other day so I will be ensuring a new one is ordered to fix the issue. I have bought the map updates on Fresh with the coupon so thanks for the heads up! 

Will update with how the lights work in the real world and the PID issue when I can and tomorrow as I'm on the phone to them anyway I'll be ordering some rear arch liners :D This mod list keeps growing haha

Hope you've all had a great weekend!

Edited by ColinD
ssl conversion - ignore
  • Like 3

Why thank you :D Still can't get the bloody final video to link!! I will fix it in the end though haha. Will be nice to have a working PID in the end too so looking forward to that but have also dug out a micro SD card to put in it to try that. I know I could use the aux socket for my phone but I don't want a faulty PID and I don't want the wire there all the time, the Bluetooth is much more convenient.

• Like 1

You'll have to let us know what the rear silver bulbs are like. I've had non branded bulbs in the opast but they have been barely visible on sunny days so have always stuck with the silvervision bulbs for indicators.

[media]

I think I've sorted the video link for the third video now, :D will do, not sure what to expect but at £5 it's worth a shot. Arch liners ordered and car booked in to have the PID looked at :)

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 2

Arch liners are here and at home, another job for this Sunday haha, I'll give it a quick maintenance wash while I'm at it as well. In other news I have sorted a refund from HID's direct for the allegedly 2 sets of bulbs they have sent out to me that haven't come and them saying they had run out of the headlight bulbs etc etc so will be ordering the bulbs elsewhere. I was impressed with the Skoda parts guy's maths, one second the liners were going to be £46 each not including the fixings and the next the whole order came to £82. I agreed and it's all here, present and correct :) Will report back at the weekend! Need to book the car in to have the PID looked at (I think they just want to see the fault, I hope they don't whip it into the workshop etc as there really is no need) and the TPMS warnings checked over although there hasn't been another warning yet. Otherwise the car is brill, starting to loosen up and get over 50 MPG now on the trip meter, has used its first full tank of fuel and it did 46.4 calculated MPG which I'm happy about for the first tank. Still enjoy driving it despite the BT fault, just have my kitsound jack out and using it instead for the time being. Auto lights working well also, love those, really worthwhile upgrade if you're thinking about it go for it!!

Edited by SashaGrace

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162020814364?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=460990898933&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is mine, came earlier than estimated too, can get them even cheaper, think my Peugeot one was less than £1 but that was a while ago lol, if it's a VAG key you've ordered it for, it'll probably be the right one :)

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162020814364?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=460990898933&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is mine, came earlier than estimated too, can get them even cheaper, think my Peugeot one was less than £1 but that was a while ago lol, if it's a VAG key you've ordered it for, it'll probably be the right one :)

I'd go with @SashaGrace link, mines why too confusing, I was lucky to get it right first time! Plus mines more expensive for the same product. 

Links below just to see how confusing it is.. 

(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231783108764?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=531045072947&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On 25/01/2017 at 21:41, SashaGrace said:

Arch liners are here and at home, another job for this Sunday haha

I would be very interested to hear how you get on with these. I seem to recall early attempts (using E-Up! liners?) requiring some cutting and shutting to fit the Citigo. Hopefully the Cross liners are a better fit.

I'm going to give our Citigo a deep clean this Easter, including a thorough snow-foam/degrease in the wheel arches with the wheels off. It would be an ideal opportunity to throw some Bilt Hamber Dynax wax and arch liners in there while I'm at it. :)

• Like 1