Ebay rearview camera?

Hello!

I am thinking about trying to install a rearview camera on my fabia combi III.

Do you know if it could be difficult? 

I mean to the problem of activate this mode on my swing radio. (wich has touch screen).

This is the idea:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Para-SKODA-ROOMSTER-OCTAVIA-FABIA-ecoche-camara-de-vision-trasera-inalambrico-/131924408760?hash=item1eb74eb9b8:g:cFMAAOSwdzVXovZR

Thanks!!!

Ok, after a qwick googling I have seen that there are 2 wiring options, and 2 slot option:

-Wired to the radio, or wireles with a 2,4GHz transmiter and receiver:

http://www.banggood.com/2_4G-Wireless-RCA-Video-TransmitterReceiver-For-Car-Backup-Camera-p-984351.html?rmmds=cart

-On the trunk handle or on the light slot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Trunk-Handle-Reverse-Camera-for-Skoda-Octavia-Fabia-Backup-Parking-Rear-View-/251527412254

http://www.banggood.com/Car-Reversing-Rear-View-Camera-for-VW-Polo-2C-Bora-Golf-MK4-MK5-MK6-Beetle-Leon-p-1065044.html?rmmds=cart

I think i prefer wireless (due to the simplicity on the intalation and changing when broken) and on the light slot (I prefer to have the complete trunk button every time i open it).

The next step is to see if the radio conection is easy or not...

If you "truly" have a "swing" radio then no as it has no way to connect the camera, if you have one of the MIB1 or 2 units than it is not too bad (you may need to update the firmware to get full screen though)

John

Hello jjc, and thakyou by your advice.

This is my radio (i think skoda names "swing" to two radio models):

http://www.skoda.ie/shared/SiteCollectionImages/models/new-fabia/fabia/fabia/connectivity/fabia-connectivity-slider-02.jpg

If you "truly" have a "swing" radio then no as it has no way to connect the camera, if you have one of the MIB1 or 2 units than it is not too bad (you may need to update the firmware to get full screen though)

John

What do you mean with  "if you have one of the MIB1 or 2 units"?

The thing is that when you configure the car at skoda website, you can choice rearview camera without upgrading to bolero radio, and it makes me think that OEM skoda rearview camera is compatible with radio Swing.

Thanks!

Edited by pedpasos

The Skoda cams can be two different types "compsite video" this is most of the aftermaket cheaper ones or "RGB" theses are much harder to find and cost more. the MIB1 and 2 are post 2013 I think and would be Bolero and Amundsen and Colombus but the pre 2013 units will not work without extra parts if you do not usr an RGB camera

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I refloat this thread after having tried to fit some after market chineese cameras.

The conclusion is that the correct item you have to purchase is this (it seems that is the same trunk hadle as VW Touran 2017):

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/LS8032/32750453736.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.oNdKaS

I have also purchased a connector:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Video-Input-Switch-RCA-Adapter-Connector-Convertor-Wire-Cable-For-Skoda-Fabia-Rear-View-Camera/32790530935.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.71jMUp

Now I am waiting for receiving the camera, but the only thing that i have tried by the moment is to disassemble tailgate panel to measure the stock handle.

I have not disassembled the radio yet, but i am a little scared about the idea that "radio swing" with 3 inch touch screen (not bolero radio, that has 5 inch touch screen) will run the camera.

The fact is if you can make a configuration on the skoda website adding rearview camera option without having to choose the bolero radio, that means that you can buy it with rearview shown on a "swing radio screen".

Does anyone have rearview camera running on radio swing??

Thanks!

alto skoda.JPG

ancho skoda.JPG

conector.JPG

swing radio.JPG

swing radio rear.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2017 at 13:10, pedpasos said:

Hello,

I refloat this thread after having tried to fit some after market chineese cameras.

The conclusion is that the correct item you have to purchase is this (it seems that is the same trunk hadle as VW Touran 2017):

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/LS8032/32750453736.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.oNdKaS

I have also purchased a connector:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Video-Input-Switch-RCA-Adapter-Connector-Convertor-Wire-Cable-For-Skoda-Fabia-Rear-View-Camera/32790530935.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.71jMUp

Now I am waiting for receiving the camera, but the only thing that i have tried by the moment is to disassemble tailgate panel to measure the stock handle.

I have not disassembled the radio yet, but i am a little scared about the idea that "radio swing" with 3 inch touch screen (not bolero radio, that has 5 inch touch screen) will run the camera.

The fact is if you can make a configuration on the skoda website adding rearview camera option without having to choose the bolero radio, that means that you can buy it with rearview shown on a "swing radio screen".

Does anyone have rearview camera running on radio swing??

Thanks!

alto skoda.JPG

ancho skoda.JPG

conector.JPG

swing radio.JPG

swing radio rear.JPG

I am very interested because I am in your same situation, have you achieved something, has the camera already reached you?

Hello,

I am still waiting for the camera.

After trying to connect vcds 409.1 with an old vag-com i decided tu buy a vcds 17.8 compatible one, when i recive it, i will try to activate the code, and to have or not signal on the screen. 

Now my question is if i have to trigger the radio via the blue line that comes with the video wire, and if i have to do with +12V?

I prefer to make the installation wired, but i have bought also the wireless kit. I don't know where to connect the receiver, maybe on the lighter, or maybe with an "add a circuit" attached on the fuse box:

Other option is to buy an after market radio came from china that allows all the options plus gps. (there are around 300€, but i am scared abut the import taxes).

Add a circuit.JPG

Edited by pedpasos

I thought that the blue wire would be connected to the positive of the bulb of the reverse gear.

If you install a Chinese radio, you will lose the imputation and manipulation of the ecu from the setup of the radio swing.

If you install a Chinese radio, you will lose the imputation and manipulation of the ecu from the setup of the radio swing.

What do you mean with that?

Do you think that the chinese radios are able to run wheel buttons?

Do you refer to the "car" button options, such as greendrive, fuel consumption etc.?

For me it is ok if i can see this info on the sreen of the car board.

Thanks!

Edited by pedpasos

57 minutes ago, pedpasos said:

What do you mean with that?

Do you think that the chinese radios are able to run wheel buttons?

Do you refer to the "car" button options, such as greendrive, fuel consumption etc.?

For me it is ok if i can see this info on the sreen of the car board.

Thanks!

Exactly and the functions of cancel rear clean, change the time, activate or deactivate daylight, lock 1 door or all and more things that are done from the setup of the radio. 

Eye I speak from ignorance...

Thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

sorry by the delay, but i am a little busy this days.

Just received the vagcom (17.8 version) and plugged it to the car.

Looking at the menus on VCDS, i didn't found any "Navigation" option, that is where should be the long bit coding for rearview.

I have to say that i didn't lose too many time looking at the different options, cause i had no time that day.

I will write with more info when i have the oportunity of looking better.

Salutations.

Hello, I am very happy to read you, will it be in the navigation module or will it be in the radio module? 

Greetings and I will be attentive to the advances.

Hi,
I bought a factory Fabia 3 to reversing camera. The seller looked at the chassis number and should work it. There is a Swing 2 radio in the car, and I activated the RVC in the 5F module with VCDS, but there was no change, and when the rear radar image is turned over, the shutter radar image appears only on full screen.
Can someone help me with what might be the problem with her? In February 2016 the car.
Thanks!

12 minutes ago, pedpasos said:

Thankyou very much!

Now, another little question: Could yo take a photo of the original connector?

I have bought a connector like this, but i dont know if it will work:

conector.JPG

Thanks!

This is not the connector, but the blue part of the quadlock must be connected to the 6 and 12 positions. The 6 is the signal of 12 in the GND. Includes 000 979 009 contact.

25383250_1576968639015549_755791719_o.jpg

3 minutes ago, PixiTrabi said:

This is not the connector, but the blue part of the quadlock must be connected to the 6 and 12 positions. The 6 is the signal of 12 in the GND. Includes 000 979 009 contact.

25383250_1576968639015549_755791719_o.jpg

Have you the pin list of swing 2??

thanks!

I decided to take wireless option, due to the complication of routing more than 6 meters of video wire through the car.

At this moment i have only half of the installation (only the rear camera mounted, and connectad to the rear lamp).

I have tried to have image on an external screen, and it works reasonably well. A little interference probably due to the 12v noise on the car. I can be easily solved by adding a chocke coil based filter, but for me is okay. I only want to see something about rear on the screen.

I tried to activate rearview option via VCDS without success. I tried also other mods that i founded here: 

I can't do any of these, and o dont know why. 

About the control menus, that are:

-INSTALLED

-DRIVETRAIN

-CHASSIS

-COMFORT/CONV

-ELECTRONICS 1

-ELECTRONICS 2

I only can access to the first one, "INSTALLED", and when i tried to activate the only option that i found (hill hold control), when i tried to "Do it" it appeared a warning on the radio screen with problems with the tire pressure, and anothe warning with the front assist.

After getting petrified, i turned off the car and restarted two times, and it dissapeared. :sweat:

It seems that there is a problem with my vagcom.

On the hardware issues, i have not be able to extract the radio unit, despite te fact of using the apropiate keys... they didn't grab correcly.

To resume:

Camera installed, it works ok.

I don't know where to have 12v on the radio area, where i have to put the wireless receiver.

I don't know how to extract the radio without broking anything.

I dont' know the procedure (all steps, including if i have to turn the key, or start the engine... etc.) for activating the rearview with VCDS.

Thankyou every one!

T

• 1 month later...