Back to a Citigo!.

leckman

Our story was i spoke over the phone to the dealership on the Wednesday to check if they could match the deal we had seen elsewhere.... On this day it was agreed they could do the deal and that they had a car in stock that could be at the dealership by Friday or Saturday. On the wednesday they also took my wife's details so that they could perform all the credit checks etc for the PCP deal.

We then heard back on the Friday that the credit checks had all gone through ok and that the car would be there later that day or the Saturday morning so we arranged to go to the dealership Saturday PM.

On the Saturday we arrived and had a quick drive out in the car to confirm she was happy with it, (She'd never actually driven a Citigo), Then went through all the paperwork which took ariound an hour or so. At the end of that visit we arranged the collection day to be the following Friday.

The following Friday we went to the dealership at the agreed time and inspected the car before signing the last couple of bits of paperwork before then driving away within the hour.

I've not seen a PCP deal as short as that only the lease deals they do.... Aren't the Skoda PCP ones usually 36 or 42 months? I know ours is... I take it you chose to have a shorter term but with a larger deposit and Balloon payment.

Ours was £123 deposit and £120 a month for 42 months with 8000 miles pa and a final optional payment of something like £3,700.

• Like 1

My i10 was valued at £5500-00,so it was £500-00 deposit with £5000-00 cash back and just over £203 per month payments.Cannot remember the balloon payment.The dealer seemed happy with the 24 month/5K miles and have not heard anything since so I presume VW Finance are satisfied with Me credit wise.As I say this is My first experience with a PCP and was wondering what the handover experience was like on collection day.Hoping to hear in the next few days the build week for the car.

Mine went quite smoothly, saw and drove one on a Sunday, went back on the Monday to check group stock, decided there was nothing worth having in group stock, decided to have the MC in the showroom instead of a colour edition and paid £500 deposit on card then. Signed the pre contract stuff and agreed pick up on the Friday. Went on the Friday to collect, signed all the finance docs they forgot to go through on the Tuesday, signed all the registration papers etc and drove it home. My deal is £500 deposit and £133 per month x 42 months for 10,000 miles per year with a pre paid service pack. GMFV is £3700 odd :)

• Like 2

Emailed my sales guy at Mitchells who got straight back to Me I am pleased to say and its £208-05 per month with the GMFV being £4044-05.

Build week is week 11 so should get the car for Easter week at the latest.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't remember whether it was on collection day but the Mrs had to show her licence..... Think it was more to do with proof of ID etc.... 

Proof of insurance will be required on collection day though. ;)

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 14:40, leckman said:

What happens on car collection day,obviously there are forms to sign etc do you have to wait until VW Finance transfer funds to the dealership?.How long does the handover take etc.

You take lots of pics and post it up here :biggrin:

• Like 2

On 28/02/2017 at 17:16, leckman said:

Have been told you have to show your drivers license on collection day?.

Collection day nobody asked for my license to pick the car up. I had to show them mine again as they hadn't done the finance properly. Usually they take a photocopy when you go on a test drive and they got the details from that afterwards :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke to Skoda CS, car arrived yesterday in Grimsby.Have heard Sweet FA from the dealer which is disappointing.When Skoda send Me a customer satisfaction survey email will point this fact out.

6 minutes ago, leckman said:

Just spoke to Skoda CS, car arrived yesterday in Grimsby.Have heard Sweet FA from the dealer which is disappointing.When Skoda send Me a customer satisfaction survey email will point this fact out.

Push very hard to register it by Friday 31st (even if not ready for collection until few days later) so it gets the low tax regime, rather than £140 per year

I would be nagging them to ensure it is registered from Wednesday to avoid any danger if registration system crashes in last minute rush next Friday

• Like 1

Hi

Mine arrived to Grimsby on Wednesday - i found out when I called the dealer.

Normally they get it withing 7 days - but I believe (and dealer also) that they can register your car when it is in the country.

We agreed to wait until Wednesday and see if it turns up - If not he will push to do it via paperwork.

How were you able to check yourself where the car was?

Edited by SimonAudi
  • Like 1

Clean forgot about the 1'April changeover for the VED,will speak to the dealer about that.When I rang up Skoda before they told Me the car was status 40 (in the UK) and that it arrived yesterday,I would presume on the Weser Highway,so it was only in Emden for about 7 days (in 2013 My Citigo Sport was there for nearly 3 weeks).

I actually emailed Skoda CS on Thursday morning asking for an update on My order, had not received a reply by yesterday afternoon hence the phone call to Skoda.

Received the reply this morning and confirmed the car was built Tuesday 14' and shipped across on the 22/23' on the Weser Highway.Still nothing from the dealership about these developments.

Edited by leckman

Spoke to the dealership,the car is expected at Mitchell's Wed'/Thu' and will be registered in time to beat the VED rise and the news gets better,I take delivery a week today.

• Like 3

Just sorted out the insurance for next week,confirmed that you do have to declare the car is on finance i.e. Skoda Finance is the legal owner of the vehicle.Was also told it made no difference to the cost of the policy.Thats with LV.