Vrs estate boot protection

Hello 

what do other VRS owners have to protect the rear bumper for getting stuff in and out of the boot? 

Ive had a few near misses getting the bikes in and out. 

I have a had a quick internet search but wanted to know what others use. 

I've only ever used a thick blanket, which I'd then wrap the bike up in inside of the car to protect the seats etc. 

Some have suggested the bumper protectors on eBay and the like but to be honest they look a bit naff and they don't cover the whole bumper - you know the bit where your pedal catches!

Seconded for the Hatchbag option.  Got the full interior boot protected and went for the option with a flap that folds out.  Gives greater area of protection when loading the boot with all manner of junk, and so far has worked perfectly for 7+ months of two large Dalmatians jumping in and out.

• 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Richies83 said:

daft question, but can these be removed in the future should you so wish?

Don't see why not, it's only double sided tape holding it on.

A bit of heat would help, then clean up the residue with tar remover and a bit of polish.

• Like 2

On 29/06/2017 at 21:25, pist0nbr0ke said:

Don't see why not, it's only double sided tape holding it on.

A bit of heat would help, then clean up the residue with tar remover and a bit of polish.

but its very strong - even when it hasnt cured properly when new, as i found out when i didnt get the alignment as nice as i would have liked!