Carista

I had parked my 2011 S4 outside while I swopped wheels over to winter ones the other day on my wife's Polo, went to unlock my S4 and the tail lights were on, walked round the front and the fog lights were on - then I remembered that I had left the light switch on auto when I was using it prior to this, things that sometimes you take years to discover about your car!!  I'm guessing that was coming home lights in operation.

Had a look at my LED DRLs this eve. 

They have 2 leds in each sections.

when side lights on, 1 led is lit.

when no lights on, both leds are lit.

when lights are on and indicate, one led goes out, so this is how they appear to drop in intensity.

I guess it depends on what model Fabia you have also. Mine has the full row of LEDs under the headlight as the DRLs. 

They all dim dim if the headlights are on or only those on the indicator side if the indicator is on. But it’s a very abrupt change in intensity. 

There is is an option in vcds and obd11 to have them slowly ramp up and down in intensity when required. 

It should be possible to add add this feature to the carista app. I have sent them an email asking for it to be added if possible. 

Jason. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rooflessdriver said:

How long had they been on? 

The Fabia has a timer setting so only stay on for a few mins at most.

Sorry I can't say, as soon as I had spotted the tail lights had switched on, checked that the front fog lights were on, I worked out possibly why and opened the driver's door and switched the light switch to off from auto.  I had panicked in case there was an issue with something!!

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if the ability to enable hill hold control has made it from the beta to the standard release of Carista as yet?

I know it's had a few updates recently so wondered if it was in there yet. 

1 minute ago, gumdrop said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is the "needle sweep"?

When I start my 245 Octavia both rev counter and speedo dials do a full sweep clockwise and then back before driving off. It's a cool feature to have and can be added to many vehicles that don't come with it from the factory.:thumbup:

• 6 months later...

Hi all. Just purchased carista for my mark iii colours edition 

Having read on the forum that the beta software has the hill hold function, I asked to trial it

I've just received a reply saying no as they aren't currently testing fabias 

Does anyone have a link or copy of the beta software they could forward? Or does it not work like that?!

Many thanks 

14 hours ago, Danedin said:

Hi all. Just purchased carista for my mark iii colours edition 

Having read on the forum that the beta software has the hill hold function, I asked to trial it

I've just received a reply saying no as they aren't currently testing fabias 

Does anyone have a link or copy of the beta software they could forward? Or does it not work like that?!

Many thanks 

On iOS it doesn’t work like that. They send you an invite to install the software via the Apple TestFlight app. 

Not sure about Android but I’m assuming it’s done a similar way. 

• 4 weeks later...

Plugged my Carista in for the 1st time in ages and saw that they added some functions.

2 that stuck out was throttle mapping changes and power steering changes.

Car seems more responsive with dynamic steering settings and the more linear throttle mapping. That or the near empty roads...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Can Carista do adaptions for a new sensor? 

My Yeti needs a new DPF pressure sensor, which I can fit in about 3 minutes, but I understand it needs 'adapting' after. Can Carista do it or do I need VCDS?