Mk1 Fabia Estate Boot Strut Parts

shelle182

Hi all,

I have a 2005 Fabia estate (1.9PD). One of the boot gas struts came loose and cracked the rod fixing when the boot was shut on it (see attached). Also I've somehow lost the body-side ball stud, no idea - it was dark!

Two queries if anyone can hep:

1) This seems to be the ball I need, can I just get a generic part and does anyone know what mm it is?

2) Are the fittings matched with the struts (Nitrolift) or do they just screw in to a standard sized rod and I could get a Fabia one separately? The strut is still good and only replaced a few months back so bit of a waste to buy another just for the fitting.

I could just go to the breakers to see what they have but any advice would be good, thanks :)

IMG_20170225_212350.jpg

IMG_20170225_213602.jpg

Try SGS Engineering in Derby,they sell on the net or you can collect.I put a pair on my 05 Ambient estate and they have transformed the boot operation.I was prompted to change them when the boot came down on me when facing uphill.

Ian Mc.

Forget the SGS ones, i bought a pair and they offer nowhere near enough assitance with opening the boot, to the point my mrs refused to open it herself.

They were fitted correctly and for the correct car.

After a few weeks i binned them and bought genuine Skoda ones.

Buy cheap, buy twice