Yeti order books closed Friday 3rd March

Smokeyjoe

Just been told by Simpsons that orders for ALL new Yeti's will finish Friday 3rd March. Obviously stock will still be available for a while, but no new orders for current Yeti. They think the new model will be out at the end of this year!

• Like 1

Skoda must be confident that the new model will be ready for later this year, or they could be in the very embarrassing position of having no Yetis available for sale!!

They know their business and products and production and know how many orders there are, ones built and available from stock and when the production to the new model needs to start.

There are New and as new registered or unregistered Yeti if you want to buy one and can not get a Factory Order now.

Edited by Awayoffski

I hope they throw all the extras at mine when they build it to clear the parts stores of old stock (free of course!) :biggrin:

59 minutes ago, DaveLees said:

Skoda must be confident that the new model will be ready for later this year, or they could be in the very embarrassing position of having no Yetis available for sale!!

They could also be in a position of having a new Yeti that no one wants because it looks the same as all the other small VAG group SUVs!

How can they go wrong.

They leak the image for a year or more, they will be awarded 'What Car Car of the Year' before any Right Hand Drive cars are driven even by Motoring Journalists.

There will be rave reviews and then a tour of Main Skoda Dealership in the UK taking a Left Hand Drive Model that is in a Spec that will not be available in the UK anyway.

Or 

maybe this time they can Produce some Right Hand Drive ones and have Journalists drive pre-production or production ready ones on UK roads,

Obviously on Race Track pictures and videos are a pointless advertising exercise.

Maybe shown hooked up to a caravan, or on some Greenlanes or tracks and public roads and British Highways and Byways might help them get orders in.

24 minutes ago, SimonVespa said:

They could also be in a position of having a new Yeti that no one wants because it looks the same as all the other small VAG group SUVs!

The general consensus is that the Yeti sold despite it's looks, not because of them. We on this forum are the more interested buyers while the majority of buyers are primarily interested in looks and the opinions of friends. Very few buyers even read reviews or look at performance details, handling etc. Friends in the motor retailing business tell me that they are  constantly surprised at the ignorance and lack of interest buyers have in the technical details of a new car. Items of interest are looks, fashion, colour and perhaps MPG.

I am sure the new Yeti will gain new buyers because it is mainstream and will fit in better on the school run with the other mum's SUVs. 

True. But when I bought my Yeti I didn't need to look at Seat, VW or Audi as I didn't want the VAG group generic  SUV  styling. Had I wanted that my decision would have been harder as I would need to weigh up cost, quality,  equipment and brand appeal. So unless the new Yeti can compete in all these areas your average punter will probably plump for one of the better perceived brands.

Of course I stand to be proved wrong and may well be driving one in a couple of years time lol

You might be right but I think Skoda are sufficiently rehabilitated to be seen as a buyable brand now. 

Personally I am waiting delivery of a new SE L Drive Yeti because I like the unique style and space efficiency of the current model Yeti, plan to keep 6 years as usual.

My PCH deal ends in January next year, I was hoping that at the end of this year I would have had a choice between the last of the current Yetis and  the new Yetis, but it looks as if that will not be the case now.

I have looked at the Kodiaq but I think that it will be too big for what we need.

Ideally I would like to stay with Skoda but will have to see what deals are available when it comes to change time.

Guys many thanks for the "heads up" Just ordered my SEL drive before the drawbridge is pulled up. Dealer confirmed tomorrow last day for new build orders.

My PCP does not end until 1st September, but have just ordered an L&K on a 2 year PCH for delivery on 1st September - 6 months away!

I was considering changing my order from an SEL Drive to an L&K.

Noted elsewhere though that there were long delays in delivering this model. I recall when the car first came out there were huge issues with supplying enough sunroofs...?

Personally I had two Yetis to date because of the looks, not despite them.

Nothing else out there like it, in fact still prefer the early version although my current facelift has grown on me.

1 hour ago, Smokeyjoe said:

My PCP does not end until 1st September, but have just ordered an L&K on a 2 year PCH for delivery on 1st September - 6 months away!

Ah you're the lucky one. My contact is up in late September. My Skoda dealer however informs me that at present I'm in negative equity so no interest in supplying me with another Yeti. They did "offer" to get in touch with me later this year just to see if any negative equity might just have vanished!:dry:

Judging from this thread that's now even more of a joke than ever.

15 minutes ago, Breckie said:

Ah you're the lucky one. My contact is up in late September. My Skoda dealer however informs me that at present I'm in negative equity so no interest in supplying me with another Yeti. They did "offer" to get in touch with me later this year just to see if any negative equity might just have vanished!:dry:

Judging from this thread that's now even more of a joke than ever.

My pcp is up sept 18 asked about changing to a yeti Drive if i put £2500 Dep i could keep near enough with the same payments

Since the Ateca arrived I imagine Skoda have lost customers in that direction, as well as losing customers to the plethora of offerings that have come to market since the launch of the Yeti.  In recent years the Yeti's two USPs have been its utilitarian looks and 'Goldilocks' size for some.  Both of theses will disappear with the new model, so it will have to stand on its own two feet for other reasons, particularly against the Ateca on price.

34 minutes ago, Falmouthboy said:

Since the Ateca arrived I imagine Skoda have lost customers in that direction, as well as losing customers to the plethora of offerings that have come to market since the launch of the Yeti.  In recent years the Yeti's two USPs have been its utilitarian looks and 'Goldilocks' size for some.  Both of theses will disappear with the new model, so it will have to stand on its own two feet for other reasons, particularly against the Ateca on price.

I hope the new Yeti is better than the Ateca, when I looked at it it looks so cheap inside. Scratchy wheelie bin plastic everywhere!  Much prefer the fit and finish of the Yeti. 

I wonder what the future will hold for a new Yeti. I agree with comments on the interior of the Ateca. If you wanted a little smaller the Audi Q2 is a stunner. The Audi Q3 looks good, especially as with deals it is no more expensive than the Q2. The VW Tiguan has to be a contender, along with the Mazda CX5. Do not mention that Nissan Cashcow thing. The old one I liked, the newer one looks poor.

Colin

They closed the orders on the Octavia mk2 VRS Blackline then some months later found another 600 with leather ,satnav,censors etc at a bargain price so you never know might even get a 2 wheel drive 1.4 tsi.

7 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

How can they go wrong.

They leak the image for a year or more, they will be awarded 'What Car Car of the Year' before any Right Hand Drive cars are driven even by Motoring Journalists.

There will be rave reviews and then a tour of Main Skoda Dealership in the UK taking a Left Hand Drive Model that is in a Spec that will not be available in the UK anyway.

Or 

maybe this time they can Produce some Right Hand Drive ones and have Journalists drive pre-production or production ready ones on UK roads,

Obviously on Race Track pictures and videos are a pointless advertising exercise.

Maybe shown hooked up to a caravan, or on some Greenlanes or tracks and public roads and British Highways and Byways might help them get orders in.

When the original Yeti came out it was almost alone in its sector of price/size/capabilities etc........lots of competition for eyeballs now though.

3 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

My pcp is up sept 18 asked about changing to a yeti Drive if i put £2500 Dep i could keep near enough with the same payments

Skoda 1982 -it will be interesting to hear what the dealer says about your idea.

8 hours ago, SimonVespa said:

Yes, how embarrassing for them if it was as highly rated as the Ateca with long waiting times and no need to offer discounts.