Paddle Shift Upgrade MkII Superb

I am back on the hunt for a paddle shift upgrade for my MKII Superb and I don't want to repeat the fiasco from my last efforts...hence this post.

From the past it was recommended that I buy a 5E0419091AF CWE which should be a straight swap over. It is not a Flat Bottom version....it is the same as fitted, but with paddle shifters.

What I'd dearly like is a flat bottom version of this wheel....how do I find out if there is a flat bottom wheel that will fit my car without any hassles?

Is there a resource where I can bung in a part number and it tells me if a part is suitable for my car or not??

In anticipation....

I'm not sure the Superb 2 ever officially had a flat bottom steering wheel, so you might struggle with a parts database giving a confirmation

Something like this should work:

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/flat-bottom-steering-wheels-4/oem-flat-bottom-octavia-2-superb/

It's the buttons on the wheel that cause any compatibility issues.

They can be ordered separately and fitted to other wheels as well (above website sells them too).

A cool upgrade, and not wanting to talk you out of it.... I had the same idea to upgrade to the paddle shift wheel. So to determine if I'd use it I went for a spirited drive on a twisty road, changing manually with the shifter in S. Maybe its me, or the fact its a diesel, but there was no joy/advantage in it like there is in a petrol car.... I'm assuming you have a diesel?

Just my 2 cents worth.

All the best

Matt

Now I know this is possible, it's on my wish list too. More for car control than what I would call spirited driving.

The success rate on first time fits didn't seem to be that high though. Certainly giving me pause for thought. 

• Like 1

I like flappy paddles....had them on two Octavia vRS Diesels and loved the flexibility.... I currently use the manual shift feature a lot so adding flappy paddles is a good choice for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

480 E is kinda steep. I found in my country https://www.olx.ro/oferta/volan-multifunctional-skoda-vrs-padele-dsg-ID6znyO.html#b1186e3fb3

That's 380 E and I didn't even search or negotiate a bit. I want to change my wheel with one like that in the near future, but the one thing I stumbled upon  at every search is that you might need to change the wheel computer for the buttons to work.

Also, if you want to step up your game, you can order alum shift paddles from Osir.

The only problem I find with the flappy paddles is the fact they move with the wheel. If your cornering and want to drop down or shift up I find it kinda awkward. 

Can be fun though :)

Edited by Chris

12 hours ago, Chris said:

The only problem I find with the flappy paddles is the fact they move with the wheel. If your cornering and want to drop down or shift up I find it kinda awkward. 

Can be fun though :)

I think that's the same with pretty much all cars with paddle shift though isn't it?

On 25.3.2017 at 19:11, Lsstefan said:

480 E is kinda steep. I found in my country https://www.olx.ro/oferta/volan-multifunctional-skoda-vrs-padele-dsg-ID6znyO.html#b1186e3fb3

That's 380 E and I didn't even search or negotiate a bit. I want to change my wheel with one like that in the near future, but the one thing I stumbled upon  at every search is that you might need to change the wheel computer for the buttons to work.

Also, if you want to step up your game, you can order alum shift paddles from Osir.

Not sure it is compatible with Superb pre-facelift? There was a topic where it was mentioned that O3 and S2 pre-FL are not fully compatible (some of the buttons were not working after the swap).

I have ordered mine from superskoda.com and it worked straight swap. Ordered wheel fro superb pre-FL was different than one for Octavia 3 and superb 2 facelift.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2017 at 10:12, jafo said:

Can you let us know all necessary part numbers? Only wheel or any extra control modules needed - any coding?

All items purchased from aachener-autoteile on ebay.

Part Numbers:

Buttons - 5E0919719G

Paddles: 5E0951527 5E0951528

And blank steering wheel with chrome down trim - second hand but in pristine condition and made available after numerous emails back and forth.

Coded steering wheel to include paddle shifters.

Note: you will notice TPM and Stability Control warning lights are lit on the dash when you reconnect battery....just take car for short test drive and all warning lights will turn off.

Edited by crankoz
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/04/2017 at 21:50, crankoz said:

All items purchased from aachener-autoteile on ebay.

Part Numbers:

Buttons - 5E0919719G

Paddles: 5E0951527 5E0951528

And blank steering wheel with chrome down trim - second hand but in pristine condition and made available after numerous emails back and forth.

Coded steering wheel to include paddle shifters.

Note: you will notice TPM and Stability Control warning lights are lit on the dash when you reconnect battery....just take car for short test drive and all warning lights will turn off.

great info. what is the steering wheel from an later skoda model?. i have a 2010 plate and would like to go paddle ..cheers

• 2 years later...
On 08/04/2017 at 23:50, crankoz said:

My wheel installed and all functions working 100%

what did you had before? how did you get on with the airbag? new one or did the old one fit?

On 08/04/2017 at 23:50, crankoz said:

My wheel installed and all functions working 100%

IMG_1627.JPG

what wheel did you have before? how did you get on with the air bag, new one or reuse the old one? ive got a 2013 superb im wanting to put paddle shift in, just trying to get as much info on the job before i start

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if a 2013 Octavia RS MFSW with paddle shift is plug and play with a 2014/5 facelift Superb V6 (currently without paddle shift)? From what I can tell the airbags are identical even though the OctVRS is a 3 spoke and the Superb is a 4 spoke. Reading through this thread it seems like it should work but just seeing if anyone has done it this way. I can get a 3 spoke wheel from the wreckers like the image attached. Thanks 

VRSWheel.jpg

SuperbWheel.jpg