Mudflaps on vrs?

1 minute ago, p5stokes said:

I have been told by my dealer you cannot fit mudflaps to a vrs,is this correct? I'm sure I have seen pictures.....

I have a mk3 vrs estate and have fitted both front and rear genuine mudflaps.

8 minutes ago, biggy7 said:

are they worth having in your opinion ?

Where I live, yes. Farmers in and out of fields 24/7 :dry:

Doesn't make much difference to dirt attraction overall, but they do stop big lumps of crud being plastered up the sides and behind the rear wheels.

Plus, considering the price they're worth it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pilotguy said:

Has your vRS been lowered? It looks great!

Looking at mine today I really think it would look better dropped slightly - 20mm would probably do it.

No, not lowered. I think it's a combination of photo angle and the wheels, they are  a lower offset so sit closer to the outside of the arches. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leftyboy said:

What's the fitting method? Is it a 5 min job if you've never done a set before?

Slight exaggeration maybe, but they use the OEM screws that secure the wheelarch liners - just undo and replace through the mud flaps.

The fronts have an extra hole at the inside, and it is suggested a hole is drilled through the plastic wheelarch liners for the plastic clips supplied. I drilled the holes in the front liners at a slight angle, with the wheels on full lock, worked fine.

Took me about 40 minutes for all four, but could be quicker with better tools, a ratchet with Torx bits would be ideal for the job.

Edited by pist0nbr0ke
Typo

How much do they help in reducing the mud and other crap under the rear bumper by the wheels? I find this area always require the most care and time when cleaning.

Ordered my set today from Superskoda.... Was worried about the various comments online that they would not fit the RS, but plenty of people have indicated that they do, so I'm taking the plunge.

28 minutes ago, spinifex said:

Ordered my set today from Superskoda.... Was worried about the various comments online that they would not fit the RS, but plenty of people have indicated that they do, so I'm taking the plunge.

I heard that they would not fit, but the eBay seller I bought them off assured me they would fit. They did indeed fit with no issues at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shanemeh said:

How much do they help in reducing the mud and other crap under the rear bumper by the wheels? I find this area always require the most care and time when cleaning.

They do help a lot, but won't catch everything obviously. 

do mud flaps help with stone chips?

im getting a vrs on lease today and wondering if i should get them on, its just to help keep bodywork in good condition

1 hour ago, biggy7 said:

do mud flaps help with stone chips?

im getting a vrs on lease today and wondering if i should get them on, its just to help keep bodywork in good condition

They do slightly, it was one of the drivers for getting the mud flaps on mine. Most of my stone chips are on the bonnet and bumper though, and not really much you can do about those...

• Like 1

My door sills have got covered in tar spots, so I have them on mine, to try and improve this, ordered from superskoda arived 5 days later and fitted in about 5mins per corner, I didn't bother with the third hole, just used numberplate tape, they are firm enough and still there so all is good. Seem to improve the amount of spray up side of vehicle.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 07:53, pist0nbr0ke said:

Slight exaggeration maybe, but they use the OEM screws that secure the wheelarch liners - just undo and replace through the mud flaps.

The fronts have an extra hole at the inside, and it is suggested a hole is drilled through the plastic wheelarch liners for the plastic clips supplied. I drilled the holes in the front liners at a slight angle, with the wheels on full lock, worked fine.

Took me about 40 minutes for all four, but could be quicker with better tools, a ratchet with Torx bits would be ideal for the job.

Drilling a hole, anywhere on my car, concerns me as I'm not very mechanically minded! 

Any advice or are there videos on here?

14 minutes ago, 64VRS said:

Drilling a hole, anywhere on my car, concerns me as I'm not very mechanically minded! 

Any advice or are there videos on here?

Once the mud flap is screwed on with the existing fastening points it leaves the last hole on the mud flap where you put the drill bit through and you are only drilling into a plastic wheel arch trim. You can't really go wrong. Then take off the mud flap and insert the clip onto the trim where you just drilled. Then screw it back on.

• Like 1