Mudflaps on vrs?

1 minute ago, VrsOctaviaAndy said:

Once the mud flap is screwed on with the existing fastening points it leaves the last hole on the mud flap where you put the drill bit through and you are only drilling into a plastic wheel arch trim. You can't really go wrong. Then take off the mud flap and insert the clip onto the trim where you just drilled. Then screw it back on.

Think I might have to grow a pair, order them and give it a go!   Cheers Andy! 

• Like 1

I'v put mudflaps on my vRS, took me like 5 minuts/flap. You do not need to drill att all, i left mine with the 2 original fastening points and I'v had no problem with it. Even tho I run around in the swedish snow ;D Will put a pic on it later.

a note of caution - the reason skoda dont reccomend mudflaps for the vrs is because of the lowered ride height. so just be a bit more careful reversing up to kerbs and driving up and down or over some obstacles 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 64VRS said:

Think I might have to grow a pair, order them and give it a go!   Cheers Andy! 

If you don't want to drill, you could fix them with a blob of silicone to the wheelarch liner, or some double sided tape as mentioned above. 

If they aren't secure, a big puddle could be enough to rip them off.

I've fitted flaps to my vrs last week no problem fix with 2x screw holes provided then drill 7mm hole through hole provided in plastic into plastic wheel arch protector as said 5 min per corner .....easy and no wheels off 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Skoda have always insisted they don't fit. They certainly do on the pre FL Mk3 and 99.9% sure they do the FL.

There are little 'spats' on the FL rear wheelarches due to the wider rear track, but I don't see any reason why they would interfere, I think they will be above the mudflaps:

20170511_102130.thumb.jpg.8cef82a23a5614dfae6c52aeba1e9585.jpg

i had some added to my 245 order, but when they didn't arrive with the car i was told they don't fit. I did notice the spat things so maybe this is part of the reason? 

I still want some though as the rear gets very dirty after a good hoon!  

1 minute ago, Gumby said:

Thanks for posting this. Is there any chance of them touching the ground then? 

I’ve caught them once on a kerb. Other than that, all good. 

They are fantastic at preventing dirt getting on the rear bumper. My last vRS was a total pain to clean. These make it a breeze. 

Edited by SC03OTT
  • Thanks 1

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:54, SC03OTT said:

I’ve caught them once on a kerb. Other than that, all good. 

They are fantastic at preventing dirt getting on the rear bumper. My last vRS was a total pain to clean. These make it a breeze. 

same with my old Fabia then! 

yeah I need to get some asap :)

On 08/09/2017 at 17:37, jordy_wd said:

Just wanted to bump this. Ordered mine 2 days ago and they were delivered today. 10 minutes to fit.

Ordered from http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/

£26.38 delivered compared to £50+ from elsewhere.

Cheers, just order mine, 42 Euros from there now to the UK in delivery, about £37

7 minutes ago, jordy_wd said:

Yeah that's where I ordered from yesterday, it's €18 Euros postage, €42 in total for front and back

28 minutes ago, Pilotguy said:

5E0075101 £66 Rear Mud flaps

5E0075111 £66 Front Mud flaps

On my local dealers page.

€100 for the full mats & mud guards Octavia Winter Protection pack from Skoda Parts Ireland - delivered

Ouch!

So just to be 100% before I commit to a set - they will fit a FL vRS Hatch OK?

I had them on my Mark 2 FL and they did make a difference to the stuff thrown up from the wheels.

Thanks.

Paul