Show Us Your Rear Diffuser For VRS Combi

The speed fastener clips don't come with the rear diffuser, you will need to buy a few, 1 each side so a total of 2 but the garage mechanics should have these to hand in all honestly.

Here is the pictures & these are the only 2 holes that need drilling as it explains in the manual you get with the diffuser :thumbup:

Right Side

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

Left Side

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all, new Skoda owner here!! 1st post. Ha. 

Looking at getting a rear diffusor to remove that horrid reflector strip. Going for the Octavia cup as I like the Genuine Skoda thing - Brand whore. Any one know how much has to be cut out to allow for the removable towbar? 

Its a 245 estate just incase it makes a difference. 

2 hours ago, coll83 said:

Hi all, new Skoda owner here!! 1st post. Ha. 

Looking at getting a rear diffusor to remove that horrid reflector strip. Going for the Octavia cup as I like the Genuine Skoda thing - Brand whore. Any one know how much has to be cut out to allow for the removable towbar? 

Its a 245 estate just incase it makes a difference. 

Check Ant's post here:

Not as easy as Rieger or Maxton fits it seems but does look good, removes reflector and sticks out and gives it a nice ass (seen in person!)

6 minutes ago, creamvRS said:

Check Ant's post here:

Not as easy as Rieger or Maxton fits it seems but does look good, removes reflector and sticks out and gives it a nice ass (seen in person!)

I had read this prior to posting! Ive checked mine just and it does need to be cut out. Nothing the bread knife wont sort out!! Does look lush. Paint it mat black to match the pipes! 

This is brilliant.

I am a VRS boy on an SE L budget so now I can get my twin exhausts, tail pipe extensions and a rear diffuser and my rear end will look like a VRS.

Even better that I can have an aperture in the diffuser for me caravan 'ook. Life is sweet. 

On 1/27/2018 at 16:13, McLaren said:

Can not wait to see as am thinking off getting one soon.

Have a scroll through this thread, @McLaren - there are a load of pics of different versions (gloss, matte black) of the Rieger, as well as the Maxton rear diffuser - so you can get an idea of what you want.

There are also a few references to how to fit it :thumbup:

Edited by Ads230

2 hours ago, Ads230 said:

Have a scroll through this thread, @McLaren - there are a load of pics of different versions (gloss, matte black) of the Rieger, as well as the Maxton rear diffuser - so you can get an idea of what you want.

There are also a few references to how to fit it :thumbup:

Even the cup is featured also ;) ...mine is the glossy Rieger - pretty happy with it. It is an easy fit, but even though, I somehow managed to break the stock diffuser trying to pop it out.

1 minute ago, Jaco2k said:

Even the cup is featured also ;) ...mine is the glossy Rieger - pretty happy with it. It is an easy fit, but even though, I somehow managed to break the stock diffuser trying to pop it out.

Ive got he Octavia Cup one on the way this week. Hope we get the all the oem off in one piece! Is the reflector stuck on or does it locate?

4 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

...even though, I somehow managed to break the stock diffuser trying to pop it out.

Did you use a hammer? ;) 

3 minutes ago, coll83 said:

Ive got he Octavia Cup one on the way this week. Hope we get the all the oem off in one piece!

Be gentle with it - trim removal tools are useful - but it shouldn't 'snap' that easily. Unsure about the reflector, as mine is still on.

4 minutes ago, Ads230 said:

Be gentle with it - trim removal tools are useful - but it shouldn't 'snap' that easily. Unsure about the reflector, as mine is still on.

Yeah I will dont you worry! Put a chip on the vehicle y day... 

3 hours ago, Ads230 said:

Did you use a hammer? ;) 

Actually, I have the proper trim removal tools - in the middle there was a stubborn lock that just wouldn't pop.

I gave it what I thought was a gentle pull but... It was apparently not gentle enough ;)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

just to let the guys with oil burners know that you DO need to fit the extension pipe otherwise the diffuser will warp with the heat as the inner of the two pipes is angled incorrectly and pushes heat onto the plastic. My new rieger is starting to show these effects.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fitted mine this morning, thanks to everyone who posted in the thread and specific thanks to @BATVANVRS for the detail in this thread and answering some of my questions by PM.

Love the result and look of this. Adds that bit of aggression missing from the OEM one, plus finishes off the other Black Pack additions. :)

YHbmob.jpg

Jo3e32.jpg

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BATVANVRS said:

@ahenners I was wondering the other day to myself if you had ordered the diffuser, definitely looks much better & the style of aggression it adds I find is nice n subtle B) glad to help out mate :thumbup:

Yeah it came last week but ended up going away with work and had a few things on so never got round to fitting it. Removing the old one was pretty tricky in the centre, the clips didn't want to come out, but managed in the end :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

Yeah it came last week but ended up going away with work and had a few things on so never got round to fitting it. Removing the old one was pretty tricky in the centre, the clips didn't want to come out, but managed in the end :thumbup:

Looks very good. You'd think it was an optional extra with it fitting in so well

where did you get that from?

• Like 1