Octavia Mk3 FL orders placed

Is the umbrella different to the one you get as standard? If you have poverty spec seats like me the umbrella goes into a little drawer under the passenger seat. A gimmick I initially thought but I’ve used it a few times now. 

On 26/09/2017 at 22:04, SC03OTT said:

Is the umbrella different to the one you get as standard? If you have poverty spec seats like me the umbrella goes into a little drawer under the passenger seat. A gimmick I initially thought but I’ve used it a few times now. 

What's the part number for the umbrella? Tempted to grab one. Cheers

47 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Ordered my Octy estate SE 1.4tsi DSG on August 15th, to this date still not had a build date, hopefully will have it for Xmas (this Christmas hopefully!)

It took me 17 weeks from order to get a build date, which was then set at 3 weeks later; 20 weeks in total from order to build.  You ordered in week 33 and we are now in week 39, so 6 weeks in.  Some people seem to be getting their cars built from within as little as 9 weeks.  There's no rhythm nor reason to it, seemingly.  The only factor I'm convinced  is a major influence is whether you are a Motability customer or not.

18 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

It took me 17 weeks from order to get a build date, which was then set at 3 weeks later; 20 weeks in total from order to build.  You ordered in week 33 and we are now in week 39, so 6 weeks in.  Some people seem to be getting their cars built from within as little as 9 weeks.  There's no rhythm nor reason to it, seemingly.  The only factor I'm convinced  is a major influence is whether you are a Motability customer or not.

Would the factory know we're motability customers though or is it purely how the individual dealer sees and treats us as customers and continually dropping us to the back of the queue in favour of customers who make them more money? Initially I went to a local dealer who didn't seem at all interested in me as a customer and the attitude was at best hopeless. Drove 40 miles to the next dealer hoping for better service and was actually made to feel valued. Still crossing my fingers for a pre xmas delivery!

12 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Would the factory know we're motability customers though or is it purely how the individual dealer sees and treats us as customers and continually dropping us to the back of the queue in favour of customers who make them more money? Initially I went to a local dealer who didn't seem at all interested in me as a customer and the attitude was at best hopeless. Drove 40 miles to the next dealer hoping for better service and was actually made to feel valued. Still crossing my fingers for a pre xmas delivery!

I would say that 100% Skoda knows.  Our dealers have no control whatsoever over factory lead times or the build week we get allocated.  Our order has to identify who the purchaser is, which will appear as Motability Operations.  Skoda know that Motability automatically extend our leases so, in my opinion, use that fact to their advantage.

Regarding dealers, you're right, some see Motability customers as an unwanted but necessary evil who makes them little money.  Others provide great service and look after you.  I was going to place my order at another dealers myself but went elsewhere because of their 'couldn't give a ****' attitude.

If only more people would make a fuss, take their business elsewhere or not buy from that manufacturer again things might improve.  until then, we are where we are.

10 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

I would say that 100% Skoda knows.  Our dealers have no control whatsoever over factory lead times or the build week we get allocated.  Our order has to identify who the purchaser is, which will appear as Motability Operations.  Skoda know that Motability automatically extend our leases so, in my opinion, use that fact to their advantage.

Regarding dealers, you're right, some see Motability customers as an unwanted but necessary evil who makes them little money.  Others provide great service and look after you.  I was going to place my order at another dealers myself but went elsewhere because of their 'couldn't give a ****' attitude.

If only more people would make a fuss, take their business elsewhere or not buy from that manufacturer again things might improve.  until then, we are where we are.

I have spoken to motability about these delays and why I haven't so far had a build date, they themselves say it's out of their hands too as to when the car is built and delivered, so it seems even motability hold very little sway.

When I first joined the scheme many years ago it seemed that dealers and manufacturers couldn't do enough for you which now seems a very distant memory, seems very much to be the way the world is going.

8 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I have spoken to motability about these delays and why I haven't so far had a build date, they themselves say it's out of their hands too as to when the car is built and delivered, so it seems even motability hold very little sway.

When I first joined the scheme many years ago it seemed that dealers and manufacturers couldn't do enough for you which now seems a very distant memory, seems very much to be the way the world is going.

Yeah, Motability seem unable or unwilling to do anything.  Maybe if they carried out a proper investigation and removed any proven discriminatory manufacturers from the scheme, or threatened to, things might change.  I thing the rise of the personal hire boom with little deposits etc etc means that sellers don't care too much about our business any more. 

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 22:03, Kephigo said:

Yeah, picked it up at the weekend. I've posted one or two in other threads but here it is. I'll take some better ones when I get the chance.

170925-BHEA63587-9250459_small.jpg.01644c948d9b6cd7238ec45e5063e8b7.jpg

170925-BHEA63587-9250458_small.jpg.d77fe38dcacce834dd8cc32a50bada6c.jpg

IMAG1164.thumb.jpg.04295ef2b7a0a7d9a5f6cf0196c7cda6.jpg

IMAG1163.thumb.jpg.8c5e25688cf711545d3c3b592c7fa38a.jpg

Meteor Grey is awesome - definitely picked the right colour :rock:

Looks mega! I've order the same spec! Can't wait now after seeing these pics :D

• Like 1

I was at the dealers this morning having the indicator repeater in my offside mirror replaced - the perils of narrow country roads in the SW!

Anyway, they have a Meteor Grey 245 Hatch for sale.  I'm normally an estate man, but I have to say, the car looked MEGA!

@Kephigo

I ordered a Octavia 1.4 tsi dsg se l hatch 2 weeks ago on the motability scheme and have not been given a build date yet. I phoned skoda uk yesterday to ask when / if it will be built as the 1.5tsi is set to replace the 1.4tsi and was told they don't know if when it's built there will be any 1.4 tsi engines left so I may have to have the 1.5 tsi.

I have no idea what effect this will have as it's a unique order for motability engine wise so now I'm wondering if I should cancel my order or not.

45 minutes ago, jcsphoto69 said:

I ordered a Octavia 1.4 tsi dsg se l hatch 2 weeks ago on the motability scheme and have not been given a build date yet. I phoned skoda uk yesterday to ask when / if it will be built as the 1.5tsi is set to replace the 1.4tsi and was told they don't know if when it's built there will be any 1.4 tsi engines left so I may have to have the 1.5 tsi.

I have no idea what effect this will have as it's a unique order for motability engine wise so now I'm wondering if I should cancel my order or not.

I have the exact same problem as you with my order, we ordered the car with the 1.4tsi, surely any decent company would not allow motability to show it's availability if they felt they wouldn't be able to supply it?

Once again it appears that as motability customers we are not so important and are expected to put up with delays upon delays. If they only have the 1.5 engine available then Skoda should be talking to motability and between them adjusting the order accordingly although even that seems too much for them to do!

I ordered my car on 15th august and still no build date so god knows when I will be getting my car, the phrase couldn't organize an orgy in a brothel comes to mind!

Edited by womblingfree
spelling

41 minutes ago, jcsphoto69 said:

Re build date, this may be a long wait.  It took me 17 weeks to get mine confirmed and locked for 3 weeks after, i.e. 20 weeks order to build.  (see this topic I started , https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/433747-delivery-timescales/  )   I'm of the opinion that Motability customers are low priority as they know Motability automatically extend our leases, keeping us in a car.

As regards the engine, I would have thought this would be a straight forward change, although there could be a cost implication, I dunno.

6 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I have the exact same problem as you with my order, we ordered the car with the 1.4tsi, surely any decent company would not allow motability to show it's availability if they felt they wouldn't be able to supply it?

Once again it appears that as motability customers we are not so important and are expected to put up with delays upon delays. If they only have the 1.5 engine available then Skoda should be talking to motability and between them adjusting the order accordingly although even that seems too much for them to do!

I ordered my car on 15th august and still no build date so god knows when I will be getting my car, the phrase couldn't organize an orgy in a brothel comes to mind!

Even some communication to confirm that they will automatically move your order onto the 1.5 engine if stocks of the 1.4 run out would be helpful.  Confirmation also to say that this wouldn't affect your wait time would be good too!  This would obviously involve the application of customer care and service, common sense and organisation, attributes which are sadly lacking in lots of aspects of life nowadays!

30 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Even some communication to confirm that they will automatically move your order onto the 1.5 engine if stocks of the 1.4 run out would be helpful.  Confirmation also to say that this wouldn't affect your wait time would be good too!  This would obviously involve the application of customer care and service, common sense and organisation, attributes which are sadly lacking in lots of aspects of life nowadays!

As always Peter you have hit the nail firmly on the head, customer service is indeed a lost art these days!

2 hours ago, jcsphoto69 said:

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Re build date, this may be a long wait.  It took me 17 weeks to get mine confirmed and locked for 3 weeks after, i.e. 20 weeks order to build.  (see this topic I started , https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/433747-delivery-timescales/  )   I'm of the opinion that Motability customers are low priority as they know Motability automatically extend our leases, keeping us in a car.

As regards the engine, I would have thought this would be a straight forward change, although there could be a cost implication, I dunno.

Whilst i agree that someone should be able to tell you all definitively whether you will get the old 1.4 engine or the latest 1.5, i also do not see what the problem is either way?

You have all presumably ordered the 1.4 and were happy to do so, either because you were unaware of the pending change, or somehow felt pressured to do so because your current lease was at an end?

If it was the latter, then i still don't understand, as you are perfectly entitled to request a lease extension yourself, which will be granted for upto 6 months, which would have given time for the 1.5 engine to be guaranteed.

If you now receive the latest engine as a by product of spec changes to the engine and everything else stays the same as your order (colour, spec etc), which it would, then what is the problem?

If you are now saying you want the 1.5 engine because it is the latest technology, that's something different entirely, and not a Motability issue.

As far as your Advance Payments are concerned, this will not change irrelevant of which engine is used on confirmed orders as the A/P is locked in at the time of order, so if it then goes up on the next quarterly list change, you pay what you were happy to pay at the time of ordering.

The only slight difference may be if your intention is to purchase your car at the end of the lease period and are worried if/when you sell it, it will be worth less with the 1.4 engine over the 1.5, but i would suggest even then, this would be a negligible amount, if any.

I appreciate it can seem like Motability customers orders are not a priority, but other private and business orders are taking equally as long to come through at times, as can be testified on here, and i think it is more down to the respective dealer than it is to any sort of priority order basis.

If you are already in a Motability vehicle, your lease ends on that vehicle, and your new car is not built, you simply keep using the current car for however long it takes, it's not like they are taking away all forms of transport and leaving you car less after all.

The days are long gone where virtually any vehicle is available immediately from some salty dock where it may have sat for months on end, businesses have had to be streamlined to survive, and i would personally rather have my car built to order and delivered directly to me.

Let the backlash begin! :sweat:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Whilst i agree that someone should be able to tell you all definitively whether you will get the old 1.4 engine or the latest 1.5, i also do not see what the problem is either way?

You have all presumably ordered the 1.4 and were happy to do so, either because you were unaware of the pending change, or somehow felt pressured to do so because your current lease was at an end?

If it was the latter, then i still don't understand, as you are perfectly entitled to request a lease extension yourself, which will be granted for upto 6 months, which would have given time for the 1.5 engine to be guaranteed.

If you now receive the latest engine as a by product of spec changes to the engine and everything else stays the same as your order (colour, spec etc), which it would, then what is the problem?

If you are now saying you want the 1.5 engine because it is the latest technology, that's something different entirely, and not a Motability issue.

As far as your Advance Payments are concerned, this will not change irrelevant of which engine is used on confirmed orders as the A/P is locked in at the time of order, so if it then goes up on the next quarterly list change, you pay what you were happy to pay at the time of ordering.

The only slight difference may be if your intention is to purchase your car at the end of the lease period and are worried if/when you sell it, it will be worth less with the 1.4 engine over the 1.5, but i would suggest even then, this would be a negligible amount, if any.

I appreciate it can seem like Motability customers orders are not a priority, but other private and business orders are taking equally as long to come through at times, as can be testified on here, and i think it is more down to the respective dealer than it is to any sort of priority order basis.

If you are already in a Motability vehicle, your lease ends on that vehicle, and your new car is not built, you simply keep using the current car for however long it takes, it's not like they are taking away all forms of transport and leaving you car less after all.

The days are long gone where virtually any vehicle is available immediately from some salty dock where it may have sat for months on end, businesses have had to be streamlined to survive, and i would personally rather have my car built to order and delivered directly to me.

Let the backlash begin! :sweat:

No backlash from me :).  Forums are all about discussion and different points of view.

I don't have one of these ordered so have no horse in the race.  I think that all those who have want is confirmation that their order will be unaffected by any change and that they will get whatever engine is available at the time.  That there's no chance of having to go to the back of the queue again because that particular configuration doesn't exist any more and a new order must be placed.  I agree with you that this is unlikely but it's certainly not impossible.  Perhaps Motability could provide this assurance, if asked?

Regarding lease extensions, whether by choice or by delay, there's one factor you're missing.  When a new lease starts, my understanding (as a Motability customer myself) is that there has to be a minimum of one year remaining on the customers PIP or DLA award.  This could mean that you are left unable to continue with a new lease through no fault of your own.

Just my 2p worth to go into the mix ;)

I think you'll find delay in Motability cars maybe more fiscally driven by Motorbility for your benefit.

If I was running Motorbility I'd be trying to get the best deals at the lowest rates. If I had the right to extend an existing lease if a new lease car is late I'd factor that in to the discount structure.

So before all you Motability customers start whinging about the delays lets look at the costs, I for one would imagine Motobility customers pay less than retail customers

27 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Regarding lease extensions, whether by choice or by delay, there's one factor you're missing.  When a new lease starts, my understanding (as a Motability customer myself) is that there has to be a minimum of one year remaining on the customers PIP or DLA award.  This could mean that you are left unable to continue with a new lease through no fault of your own.

Just my 2p worth to go into the mix ;)

That's right as far as I'm aware as well, however, as I believe these are already confirmed orders, the length of the current award would be taken into account during the initial order if it was only just over a year??

Also, it could be reasonably assumed that even if the current award is teetering on the edge of a new assessment, if there is a genuine need for a PIP/DLA award in the first place, then there is no reason as to why the award would not just carry on uninterrupted after the assessment, as they do allow ample time for any requested information to be provided so there is no interruption to payments. In other words, just a formality to (hopefully) weed out those that no longer qualify!

In our experience, Motability are and generally try to be as helpful and understanding as possible to issues but on occasion their hands are tied..........I don't buy into conspiracy theories that Motability orders are deliberately held up to satisfy "paying customers"  orders, when those paying customers are more than likely leasing their cars in just the same way as us on the scheme. :)

2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

So before all you Motability customers start whinging about the delays lets look at the costs, I for one would imagine Motobility customers pay less than retail customers

Whilst "all us whinging Motability customers" may get a discounted rate, we do still have to pay for the cars we drive in the same way as you normal folk, but what we do have that is different and may be worth whinging about is a disability you tool!!