Can't choose a colour!! argghhh!

Hi,

I know there have have been several posts about colour choice. It's all a matter of preference!!

However, I can't decide between Rallye Green and Moon white metallic. What I want to know is, is the moon white noticibly different from the candy white I currently have? 

Cheers

From what I've seen moon takes on a vale light blue shimmer in sunlight, almost pearl like.

Its what Ive gone for on my new Scout but only because if I had race blue again no-one would know I had changed!

Its my first none blue car since since 2001 so I'm due a change!

Just now, paddy wagon said:

From what I've seen moon takes on a vale light blue shimmer in sunlight, almost pearl like.

Its what Ive gone for on my new Scout but only because if I had race blue again no-one would know I had changed!

Its my first none blue car since since 2001 so I'm due a change!

Thanks mate

2 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Metallic definitely nicer imo. I'd go Rallye Green though, it's a lovely colour and quite rare compared to blue, black, white etc.

........and whats wrong with meteor grey

needs the black pack though and you get a black spoiler..........

1 hour ago, adambrownb said:

Hi,

I know there have have been several posts about colour choice. It's all a matter of preference!!

However, I can't decide between Rallye Green and Moon white metallic. What I want to know is, is the moon white noticibly different from the candy white I currently have? 

Cheers

You're lucky, I have photo of my 230 with some candy white parked besides:

bcdae4fa4333250df57ea615cd6992db.jpg

6099248a79524437aeb3aa68aeffb0c9.jpg

Moon white is a way to go if you ask me. So much white that other white cars look yellow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nidza said:

You're lucky, I have photo of my 230 with some candy white parked besides:

bcdae4fa4333250df57ea615cd6992db.jpg

6099248a79524437aeb3aa68aeffb0c9.jpg

Moon white is a way to go if you ask me. So much white that other white cars look yellow.

That is a big difference!!

Indeed.

I didn't believe my own eyes when I saw my new car on the dealers parking lot. Didn't expect it is really so much different that usual white car.

• Like 1

I also have the moon white and confirm the difference is night and day when next to candy white - much nicer.

...but a bitch to keep clean. But also, when it is clean and with some black bits here and there, it is a head turner :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaco2k said:

I also have the moon white and confirm the difference is night and day when next to candy white - much nicer.

...but a bitch to keep clean. But also, when it is clean and with some black bits here and there, it is a head turner :)

That's why I coated my complete car including leather seats with some hi tech ceramics. Works like charm.

You just spray it with self service water guns. I need 5 minutes to clean it up completely including waxing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nidza said:

That's why I coated my complete car including leather seats with some hi tech ceramics. Works like charm.

You just spray it with self service water guns. I need 5 minutes to clean it up completely including waxing.

I considered it until I saw what the stone chips did to my colleague's car, who also has a ceramic coating. ;)

I agree, Moon White looks amazing, BUT locally, the taxicab of choice is a white Octavia, so it was out when I ordered mine. The Jungle Green we liked wasn't available on the Octy, so we went

with Rio Red, and we haven't seen a Rio Red Octy since!

8 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

I considered it until I saw what the stone chips did to my colleague's car, who also has a ceramic coating. ;)

Ceramic doesn't physically protect paint, just from dirt. Only transparent foil may protect car from stones.

24 minutes ago, nidza said:

Ceramic doesn't physically protect paint, just from dirt. Only transparent foil may protect car from stones.

You didn't get my point - I don't expect ceramic to protect against stones... thing is that when stones hit a normal paint coat, you can then correct, polish, etc.

With ceramic... they just crack the ceramic coat and leave quite visible and unpleasant defects, at least on her black car. It is not so easy to correct those cracks in a ceramic coat.