New škoda karoq

Oykkh

46 minutes ago, Fin69 said:

Is that not intrigue, the very thing you said it wasn't? 

verb (used with object), in·trigued, in·tri·guing.

1. to arouse the curiosity or interest 
  2. of by unusualnewor otherwise
  3. fascinating or compelling qualitiesappeal strongly to; captivate. 

No. It's patience.

7 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Oykkh, Do you currently have a Skoda model and are you waiting to order a Karoq?

& Do you work for Skoda?

I have a škoda octavia today a MY2016 and will order the new Karoq as soon as it will be available with active info display.. no just a vw group fanboy. 

Some official photos on a teaser press release showing lights etc

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/first-close-pictures-skoda-karoq-expressive-design-new-compact-suv/

And yes the text below the photos does mention eyelashes made up of 8 light strips, don't think I will comment having seen a local micra with rubber eyelashes above its headlights

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

oh dear, did no one realize Karoq, sounds like Crock, in my youth being an old done car, an "old crock"

Suppose that ud suit me though, being a bit of an old crock mesel.

Edited by marcusthehat

Well it looks pretty smart to me and no doubt will feature as a replacement to the TIBET series of Yeti. 

Certainly the D pillar looks much better than the Ateca's version. Noseookswell up to the rugged Škoda SUV look and tail lights are pleasantly different. 

Count me in..! 

• Like 3

A 'Heads up Display' i like, the clocks or a virtual dash are not something that matters in the slightest as i just want to see the speed being done at a glance and other information 

distracts from looking out the windscreen, windows or at the mirrors.

46 minutes ago, Oykkh said:

I like the digital instrument panel.  Looks modern. I wounder when kodiaq, superb and octavia will get this option? And the cost? 

It varies in cost across the VW and Audi range as sometimes you can get it standard, sometimes on its own, and some times only in a pack with other stuff

• 3 months later...
On 9/7/2017 at 21:00, cofi said:

The all new Karoq catalog (link from the Serbian Škoda dealer):

http://www.static.skoda-alpros.rs/katalozi/karoq_katalog_eng.pdf

Thanks for the link coif, I was initially VERY exited.

I am now rather disappointed, as looking at the tech specs on the last page, if you want the 4x4 variant, you have to have a diesel engine.

Kitten and I dos NOT want a diesel engine.  What an absolute shame.  :sadsmile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macdemon said:

Thanks for the link coif, I was initially VERY exited.

I am now rather disappointed, as looking at the tech specs on the last page, if you want the 4x4 variant, you have to have a diesel engine.

Kitten and I dos NOT want a diesel engine.  What an absolute shame.  :sadsmile:

I'm the same, I don't want diesel but I want 4x4 which ruled the Ateca out for me. Looks like the Karoq is going to be the same. Come on ŠKODA it can't be that hard, you managed petrol 4x4's in the Yeti,

looks like I'll just have to hang on to my Yeti.

Edited by Kenny R

10 hours ago, Kenny R said:

I'm the same, I don't want diesel but I want 4x4 which ruled the Ateca out for me. Looks like the Karoq is going to be the same. Come on ŠKODA it can't be that hard, you managed petrol 4x4's in the Yeti,

Not only do we want a petrol engine with 4x4 but we want the AUTOMATIC DSG gearbox too.

On 16/09/2017 at 09:33, Kenny R said:

Perhaps time to look at the new VW T-Roc? Similar length to the current Yeti and an excellent engine line up - from Autocar:-

A total of four models come with a six-speed manual gearbox and front-wheel drive as standard. The 2.0 TSI and more powerful version of the 2.0 TDI come exclusively with a seven-speed ducal shift gearbox and 4Motion four-wheel drive – a combination that can also be ordered as an option on the 1.5 TSI and lower-powered 2.0 TDI.

So not one but two petrol 4x4s one with 190bhp (2.0 TSI) and one with 150bhp (1.5 TSI) - why couldn't Skoda do that?