Direct download links for ECE 2017/2018 maps

5 minutes ago, mole said:

Just checked my VIN on skoda and it says it can only be updated at service! is that true? its a Amundsen+ in a Fabia monte carlo tech or is the MIB2 update the same???

Thanks in advance...

Yes, the Amundsen + unit doesn't get free updates. It's a paid for single use SD card.

Attempting to update my maps card (Skoda Octavia v3 2016, Amundsen MIB2) but keep getting an error message when extracting the map files.

Here's what I've done so far :

1. Downloaded STD2_820_EU1_201718.zip to my desktop (three times now!)
  2. Attempted to extract files to both original card (direct from downloader) and to desktop (from zip file)
  3. Every time, I get en error extracting maps\00\nds\product\E11\routing.nds
  4. Everything else gets extracted with no problems

When I test the zip file archive for integrity I get the same file failing (I'm using iZarc)

I don't think I can face a fourth download of anything up to four hours! Has anyone else seen this error or got any idea whether it's terminal for UK mapping/routing?

p.s. yes I do have a backup of the old map data!

3 minutes ago, mercian said:

Why? Never had any problems with iZarc before. it's the file in the archive which appears to be corrupt.

You have a problem now. I suggested a possible solution. You don't have to try it of course if you don't want to.

• Like 2

Or put it another way. I always use 7zip and don't have issues as far as I can tell.

Also, 7zip is the format VW use to pack the archive, and recommend using it to unpack it as well.

Edited by Rustynuts
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rustynuts said:

Or put it another way. I always use 7zip and don't have issues as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the suggestion To put my comment another way - I have used 7-zip in the past (can't remember why I moved to iZarc but it was some years ago) and I was interested to know why you suggested it as a solution.

In the interim, I've downloaded 7-zip, I'll try it later and report back.

Well, it's not the zip program. 7-zip gives me same fail error as iZarc, both on the original download file and on a fresh download.

In my original post I said that extracting direct to the card from the Skoda downloader gives same issue, so the problem must be with the download.

I'll try a different pc over the weekend in case something on my machine is causing the issue.

On checking our car we have 2 options:

ece 2017/2018 - 12GB

ece 2 2017/2018 - 5GB

Can I just download the ece 2, or do I have to do the first one then the second one?

You need the first one. I think the second one only covers Eastern Europe. There's a direct download link in an earlier post if you're not sure.

I finally managed to download an error free file. For some reason my pc kept giving me file errors in the zip file, but it downloaded ok on another machine. 7-zip is recommended for unpacking the file but I found iZarc worked just as well.

Make sure you've got plenty of time, it's a long download. Once it's downloaded you can either unpack direct to the original Skoda card or save it to your pc for checking, unpacking and later copying (see earlier posts for more detail).

• 2 months later...