Post your photos of the new Face Lift models

The do look very smart. I do still prefer the lights of the pre-FL.

Looks awesome in Black with the black grille, kinda mean and the new split lights blend in more on the black because of their dark tint! Are the front fogs also LED now from factory?

1 hour ago, Dogsbody_vRS said:

A few pictures of my FL it isn't as clean as it should be. Rain and Black color don't go together. Some would say that the fron lights are ugly but I got used to them.

Engine is 2.0 TSI 230 still cant order the 245 here in Slovenia.

img7515.jpg

img7520.jpg

img7517.jpg

img7521.jpg

img7522.jpg

img7523.jpg

img7524.jpg

Photo 3 for me shows what can be done to reduce the effects of those twin head lights.

Thanks for posting

Have to say, the 'challenging' lights look passable with a black car. I am loving the new seats though.  Alcantara looks much higher quality than the pre-facelift material. 

• Like 1

I was checking the new cars on the dealer last weekend and I can say that the new plastics in the center console - the ones under the new ICE and surrounding the AC controls - feel and specially look rather cheap.

Those were a step back.

The new screens on the ICE are really nice, but at least the one I tried (I suspect it was the new Bolero...) was still feeling a bit slow, maybe even slower and laggy than the old ones.

Otherwise, that front doesn't look any better live and the prices of used pre-FL cars kinda tell the story.

1 hour ago, dunc69 said:

That's the true test - 'the prices of used pre-FL cars'. 

Its not really though is it, a few enthusiasts may prefer  old to new but were talking about about a mid sized fleet car in essence. There are far more variables to the pricing of one than a headlight.

I agree there are lots of variables.

But if dealers are getting lots of enquiries about nearly new cars, with buyers actually saying they don't like the look of the FL, and if on top of that new orders are not at the expected level, they are going to charge strong money for the nearly new cars that are in demand. 

I guess another variable is the current hysteria relating to diesel cars.

I have just found a '14 plate vRS DSG petrol estate in pretty much the spec I wanted after many weeks of hunting and, from my experience, and from speaking to several dealers, they are not easy to find and they are selling very quickly for strong money. 

Conversely, there are lots of vRS diesels available on the market.

Edited by dunc69

I agree the diesel issue is probably the big thing at the minute. Its just topped my parents ordering a new Discovery Sport.

UK VRS and Scouts are slow coming through, no ones had a new Scout yet I believe.

My Scout is due for build next week I believe.

Yeah, my remark about the prices came when I saw one 2013 VRS they were selling with 123tkm on the clock for 21k€

Also there were a few more recent cars and the prices were over 30k€

...this means that pre-FL models are holding their price quite well.

If this is just a coincidence or not, I don't know, but I could almost swear the prices for used pre-FL models had been lower already and have somehow gone up.

Why have you split the topics between O3 and O3 FL photos? My opinion is that it will be more fun to watch mixed looks in the same thread. At the end, this is more-less same car.

• Like 1

Either way, I think we hijacked the hell out of this thread and maybe a mod could clean it up a bit and split into a discussion one if required ;)

...I for one, admit that my comments don't belong at all in this thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nidza said:

Why have you split the topics between O3 and O3 FL photos? My opinion is that it will be more fun to watch mixed looks in the same thread. At the end, this is more-less same car.

Cos otherwise it'll just be a war of words about head lights from hell, this way if you don't like the look just, keep scrolling through 

Lights are fact we can't change, makes no sense we argue about facts. Whether you like it or not, it is personal.

To start with, I didn't like this Xtreme wheels on my 230, but now they feel perfect.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JackReacher said:

Saw this at the weekend, like the new seat design and infotainment changes.  I actually think the FL looks better than the pre-FL in the flesh. Not sure about the chrome window trim and roof bars though!  Think I'd go black pack.

Oct FL1.jpg

oct fl2.jpg

Okay, so dip me in tar and cover me in feathers, but the FL has really grown on me.  At first I didn't like it, at all.  But I now think it's actually a better look than my MkIII vRS - the FL is more edgy in design / more modern and I especially like the more aggressive fog light assembly in the front bumper.  By comparison, the design of the MkIII looks a little dated.  No doubt there will be howls of protest - the FL has certainly been polarising.  But that's what a forum is all about - different strokes for different folks. :)