Modifying Your Fabia MK III

11 minutes ago, Aviii said:

I think I may get a quote once my renewal is up but I have a feeling they're going to give silly prices as I already have a few mods done, just some wheels and springs. I have 4 years experience and 2 years no claims but they'll probably increase my premium somehow.

lol might as well get a quote now in case it doesn't go up that much. I'm pretty sure it would increase anyone's insurance... Cosmetic/small performance improvements seem to be free but they just need to know about them. They may need detials on cost and gains.

13 minutes ago, Aviii said:

Ah, I thought so, it does sound a lot nicer than standard. Another thing I could consider is the turbo, maybe I'll get one once the current one is on its last legs.

I think I may get a quote once my renewal is up but I have a feeling they're going to give silly prices as I already have a few mods done, just some wheels and springs. I have 4 years experience and 2 years no claims but they'll probably increase my premium somehow.

I'd recommend Brentacre for modified insurance if you're in the UK.  Most insurance companies rub their hands together when they hear you have mods and use it as a way to raid your bank account.  Adrian flux actually quoted double that of Brentacre, my insurance went up massively because an Audi rear ended me nearly 10 months ago but their quote was among some of the cheapest policies available without a black box.  They also base their premiums on power, so you can do pretty much anything to your car without premiums increasing, unless you do some power mods.

Insurance is such BS, the companies are no better than people who run scams from sweatshops. It's the worst thing when its not even your fault. The thing I don't get, is why they take away your no claims and increase your premium for something that's not your doing.

I'll have a look at Brentacre, don't want to give this lot (Admiral) anymore of my money.

1 hour ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Do Briskoda members get a club discount or something along those lines?

• 1 month later...

Out with the old, in with the new.

Bilstein B8 Shocks,

New top mounts,

New Ibiza Cupra R bump stops (67mm instead of 123mm).

I already have Eibach lowering springs (45mm drop at the rear) and judging by the condition of the bump stops it's been bashing into them quite often! The stock shocks are now a sloppy mess, barely any damping left in them at all!

The short bump stops mean the dust covers don't fully cover the shaft when it's in the air but when it's on the floor it's well covered.

The rear end is no longer floating around at high speeds, it's certainly firmer, but it's not crashy at all, it's how i'd expect a brand new car to ride, i assume they'll bed in a little after theyve got a few miles on them and soften a tad but even so they're really great.

Now just for the front end..

F24A6086-86BA-42A5-8620-C1DB9C34B950.jpeg

74B6C854-9AA6-4430-97E4-2C178D9C5FA2.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hi

Im new to this forum  here is my mk3.

I lowered it by 40mm in front and 50mm in the rear.And mounted 7x17 inch wheels with 205/40 tires.

Changed the antenna to a 1 inch length.

Removed the lettering on rear of car. 

Relocated the license plate.

20200824_171627.jpg

20200723_152441.jpg

20200707_141800.jpg

20201006_123301.jpg

Hi

I lowered it by 40mm in front and 50mm in the rear.And mounted 7x17 inch wheels with 205/40 tires.

Hi

And 

10 minutes ago, MmC said:

Hi

20200824_171627.jpg

20200723_152441.jpg

20200707_141800.jpg

20201006_123301.jpg

And i mounted a LED light bar

DSC_0124.JPG

22 hours ago, MmC said:

How good is the relocated snow plough? ;)

Does it obscure the lidar sensor at all?

Thanks, AG Falco

1 hour ago, AGFalco said:

How good is the relocated snow plough? ;)

Does it obscure the lidar sensor at all?

Thanks, AG Falco

Haven't gotten any proper snow last 5-6 years :)

It Doesn't obscure at all actually :-) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried removing the front chrome grill? Preferably have some instructions on it, as i don't want to brake it :D also, can the chrome be painted black or I'm better of whit plasti-dip / black foil? Thanks!

29 minutes ago, krdza_vRS said:

Has anyone tried removing the front chrome grill? Preferably have some instructions on it, as i don't want to brake it :D also, can the chrome be painted black or I'm better of whit plasti-dip / black foil? Thanks!

I believe it is just held in with clips,  you should be able to lever the chrome surround away from the grill with some trim removal tools.  I haven't done it as I have a MC which comes with the black surround as standard.

You can also get an OEM black surround from superskoda.com, but at €80 I'd personally go for a rattle can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheFozzy said:

I believe it is just held in with clips,  you should be able to lever the chrome surround away from the grill with some trim removal tools.  I haven't done it as I have a MC which comes with the black surround as standard.

You can also get an OEM black surround from superskoda.com, but at €80 I'd personally go for a rattle can.

yeah, emblems and grill are really expensive in black.. thats why i'm looking to paint the grill and order black emblems of ebay. Thanks!

Just now, krdza_vRS said:

yeah, emblems and grill are really expensive in black.. thats why i'm looking to paint the grill and order black emblems of ebay. Thanks!

With the emblems from ebay, I found that the black ones with a coloured background are usually off colour by quite a few shades.  If you want a paint matched logo, its worth the extra to get them from superskoda, but the all black ones from ebay look great.  Only thing with the ebay emblems is, the guide pins on the back dont actually collapse once you seat the emblem in place, so you may need to cut them off first.

1 hour ago, krdza_vRS said:

Hi,

I made the front back logo and back captions black as seen in the video, so it was significantly cheaper than buying it, and taking it off wasn’t too easy for the logos either.
The chrome frame can be snapped out nicely from the back. I had taken this out before and got black foil, as did the roof and the mirrors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VbZ4R4biuw

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here taken the turbo off? If so is it possible to get measurements of the flange for the elbow going into the turbo, trying to make a full induction system to the turbo in CAD.

Cheers

Hi, anyone know of any LED conversion kits that fit the 2016 Monte Carlo? Tried 3 different H7 ones now and none fit with the weird fitting on the projector lights. The yellow headlights that come standard are just horrid. Bought ultra white bulbs/ osram night breakers etc and they made no difference!  

1 hour ago, NathLand said:

Hi, anyone know of any LED conversion kits that fit the 2016 Monte Carlo? Tried 3 different H7 ones now and none fit with the weird fitting on the projector lights. The yellow headlights that come standard are just horrid. Bought ultra white bulbs/ osram night breakers etc and they made no difference!  

Hi Nathan, the bulbs are not H7 mate they are H4s. I had Philips Racing Visions fitted in my Monte and the difference is staggering. Just as a side note : I paid my local garage to fit them for me and reset the beams on their MOT beam tester. Reasons. 1. They are a pig to fit, and 2. I abhorre badly set headlights with uprated bulbs, fitted without thought that like doing any work on the suspension you should have the wheel alignment reset, the same follows for headlights.... And for £15 no blood, no sweat or swearing 😊

1 hour ago, Compstructor said:

Hi Nathan, the bulbs are not H7 mate they are H4s. I had Philips Racing Visions fitted in my Monte and the difference is staggering. Just as a side note : I paid my local garage to fit them for me and reset the beams on their MOT beam tester. Reasons. 1. They are a pig to fit, and 2. I abhorre badly set headlights with uprated bulbs, fitted without thought that like doing any work on the suspension you should have the wheel alignment reset, the same follows for headlights.... And for £15 no blood, no sweat or swearing 😊

They are H4 on the reflector only headlights, H7 on the projector ones. The LED H7 bulbs do generally struggle to fit because of the design of the retaining clip and connector.

There are aftermarket clips available that should allow you to use awkward led bulbs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NathLand said:

Hello,

Here is a description of everything, how to do it, it's true I was able to do it without the headlight packaging.

https://wirer.sk/f3_led7_vymena/

I have this H7 LEDs for 3 years.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqA9ML9

Is anyone having trouble buying from Superskoda? Trying to buy some front and rear mud flaps but it’s saying they’re too heavy to be shipped which doesn’t make sense to me as they’re just plastic 

3 hours ago, NathLand said:

Is anyone having trouble buying from Superskoda? Trying to buy some front and rear mud flaps but it’s saying they’re too heavy to be shipped which doesn’t make sense to me as they’re just plastic 

From memory you have to select heavier and more costly packaging option