vRS245 ordered club

2 hours ago, Aston100 said:

Not knocking anyone here, but I do find it amusing how there are several number plates that have had all bar the year scrubbed out.

Why leave the year on?

Most 245s are on a 67 so hiding the 67 doesn't accomplish much, so not worth the hassle.  Absolutely nothing to do with bragging rights about having the latest reg of course. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Most 245s are on a 67 so hiding the 67 doesn't accomplish much, so not worth the hassle.  Absolutely nothing to do with bragging rights about having the latest reg of course. 

Niether hidden or a 67

20170825_161807.jpg

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Ok for all those that have their cars now, why don't we have a G force comp ?

Using the screen below, photo your highest G measurement, I had 1.09 today on a 2 lanes roundabout with high grip surfacing but, my passenger wouldn't let go of the FH handle to photo it so, that don't count.

Remember, no photo, it didn't happen !!!

20170825_175012.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Good man, got the wife's Fabia from Botley

3-3/4 grand off list the day they were released for order, money talks Jay

8 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

Looks to me like a 17 plate is the mark of honour.

The equivalent of "FIRST!"

:)

Collected 25/08/17, CBA to wait, don't intend to buy it so, I don't care about resale values & wasn't bothered about the new plate.

Only in hindsight I do wish the number plate's HS was reversed to SH just for the shock & awe value

• Like 1

I was looking at a Karoq next time around, however as there's no petrol 4x4 DSG with it, it looks like I'm going to have to have one of these things again!

So if I choose it, it will have

Red Paint (Not Velvet Red as it's £725)

Kessy

Park assist

ACC/DCC

Heated Windscreen & Seats

Spare Tyre

Wireless Phone Charging & Wi-Fi

Care Connect 3.

Edited by TheWanderer

Changed my order yesterday, paying a combined £500 for heated rear seats and rear USB ports seemed like a waste of money so switched those for the Canton upgrade

Also changed from Black to Meteor Grey - not completely sold on it but hope it will grow on me over time

5 minutes ago, andyd665 said:

Changed my order yesterday, paying a combined £500 for heated rear seats and rear USB ports seemed like a waste of money so switched those for the Canton upgrade

Also changed from Black to Meteor Grey - not completely sold on it but hope it will grow on me over time

Mines got canton and contrary to what I be read after messing with settings for half hour sounds amazing.

• Like 1

Wouldn't advise going with Meteor Grey unless you are totally sold on it! That's mad money for heated rear seats. In Ireland it's 250 approx for front and 450 for front and back + USBs 

7 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

Wouldn't advise going with Meteor Grey unless you are totally sold on it! That's mad money for heated rear seats. In Ireland it's 250 approx for front and 450 for front and back + USBs 

Heated fronts are standard on UK spec 245's so its effectively £400 for heated rear seats and £100 for the rear USB ports which you cannot have without the heated rear seats

14 hours ago, Aston100 said:

The people I know that have park assist on their cars (admittedly no Skoda) all consider it to be a gimmick or nine day wonder and almost never use it.

If you live in Surrey you'd find it invaluable as the standard of parking is awful and trust me it proves quite a valuable tool when you get two tools you work with block you in for fun, it's quite fun watching their faces when it gets you out of a near impossible predicament and you drive away. 

I looked into a 245 earlier this year, but was put off by the long leadtimes. 

On the 16th of September I called into my local dealer test drive a Superb as I'd been offered a great deal on a 220tsi estate. 

Whilst I was there a black 245 was delivered. It was due to be their demonstrator. After making good use of a contact within the same dealer group a deal was struck and I picked it up on the 19th. I'm loving it!

DSG, keyless, sunroof and spare wheel. 

Averaging 34mpg over 1200 miles.  Get about 37 on eco mode driving to and from the train station and 28-30 when batting about a bit more enthusiastically. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 7ncj said:

I looked into a 245 earlier this year, but was put off by the long leadtimes. 

On the 16th of September I called into my local dealer test drive a Superb as I'd been offered a great deal on a 220tsi estate. 

Whilst I was there a black 245 was delivered. It was due to be their demonstrator. After making good use of a contact within the same dealer group a deal was struck and I picked it up on the 19th. I'm loving it!

DSG, keyless, sunroof and spare wheel. 

Averaging 34mpg over 1200 miles.  Get about 37 on eco mode driving to and from the train station and 28-30 when batting about a bit more enthusiastically. 

Nice.

Can you post some photos of your car?

Would appreciate one of the front seats please.

9 minutes ago, bartek004 said:

I was thinking about canton sound system upgrade but all articles and yt reviews were negative :(

I picked car up yesterday with canton. Spent around 30 mins tweaking it and to me it sounds brilliant with a good chunk of BASS