vRS245 ordered club

Guest garpat32
5 hours ago, mdbirtles said:

Picking this up tomorrow from Lookers, Stockport. :-)

2F4D3638-7562-440F-903B-EED3ABD8EFE8.jpeg

13AB35B3-727F-41BC-A0A0-9B329EFBA322.jpeg

Is that a 245 model??

Guest garpat32

Strangely I've just contacted Skoda online chat who advise the car was built and is on way to port now?

Only a few days ago it was down as to be built this week.

lol

10 hours ago, garpat32 said:

Strangely I've just contacted Skoda online chat who advise the car was built and is on way to port now?

Only a few days ago it was down as to be built this week.

lol

Don’t grumble... it’s good news :biggrin:

Guest garpat32
2 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Don’t grumble... it’s good news :biggrin:

Not complaining, but it's yet another thing that between Skoda UK CS, my case manager, and the factory can't seem to agree on.

On 5/19/2018 at 20:31, martysparty99 said:

A few pics. To me looks the mutts nuts and goes like stink too. What's not to like!

IMG_20180519_195305.jpg

Point Blur_May192018_201201.jpg

IMG_20180519_195206.jpg

New 245 owner question, the VRS button/mode selector etc.  Do you get the internal noise in all modes or just sport?  Not really tinkered with the modes yet but to be still seems swift in Eco!  Is it it just because im just not used yet to such a pokey motor! :-)

4 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

New 245 owner question, the VRS button/mode selector etc.  Do you get the internal noise in all modes or just sport?  Not really tinkered with the modes yet but to be still seems swift in Eco!  Is it it just because im just not used yet to such a pokey motor! :-)

If it’s like my Vrs TDI then the exhaust noise is amplified for the sport mode only.  Standard exhaust sound for all other options.

In the 245 the noise generator is on in all modes unless you turn it off in VCDS.  Its noisiest in sport, but there in all modes.    

Edited by juan27

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

In the 245 the noise generator is on in all modes unless you turn it off in VCDS.  Its noisiest in sport, but there in all modes.    

Hiya, newbie question, not that I want to turn it off but how would I?  Not played with all the functions yet!

14 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Hiya, newbie question, not that I want to turn it off but how would I?  Not played with all the functions yet!

You could ask your dealer, or find someone on here to code with VCDS or similar software or get the kit yourself. You can't do it through infotainment.

Lots of info on here if you search.

2 hours ago, juan27 said:

You could ask your dealer, or find someone on here to code with VCDS or similar software or get the kit yourself. You can't do it through infotainment.

Lots of info on here if you search.

Alternatively just don’t use Sport mode - you hardly hear the engine/exhaust on other modes :D

3 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Alternatively just don’t use Sport mode - you hardly hear the engine/exhaust on other modes :D

Nah that's just not true on the petrol. It's a quiet as a trappist mouse without that infernal thing.

Of course the mode makes no difference to the engine/exhaust noise. Just the fake brum brum volume.

Edited by juan27

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Nah that's just not true on the petrol. It's a quiet as a trappist mouse without that infernal thing.

Of course the mode makes no difference to the engine/exhaust noise. Just the fake brum brum volume.

I have given it the beans a few time in sport mode and loved the sound, but I do hark back to the days when I had a supra with a stainless steel exhaust, that was LOUD!!!

6 hours ago, mdbirtles said:

Bonus,

picked the car up today and the mileage wasn’t 8657.

it was 2800 B)

Great news - you sure it’s the same car? :biggrin:

enjoy driving it in this weather 

Had confirmation today that my car has been disembarked at Grimsby this morning.  Only arrived in port on the 17th!  And transport order raised same day.

Can anyone explain the 6 day delay between arrival and being put on dry land?  Had been hoping for the car on Saturday but no chance now :crying:

3 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Had confirmation today that my car has been disembarked at Grimsby this morning.  Only arrived in port on the 17th!  And transport order raised same day.

Can anyone explain the 6 day delay between arrival and being put on dry land?  Had been hoping for the car on Saturday but no chance now :crying:

I imagine the quoted 7-9 working days from arrival (on 17th) to dealership (so arriving somewhere between Monday and Wednesday, next week) still applies.

Mine was in the same shipment, and is still sat at Grimsby waiting on a transporter, too. Like you I had kind of hoped I might have it this weekend, but looks sure to be next week now. 

I'm sure the wait will be worth it! 

20 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I imagine the quoted 7-9 working days from arrival (on 17th) to dealership (so arriving somewhere between Monday and Wednesday, next week) still applies.

Mine was in the same shipment, and is still sat at Grimsby waiting on a transporter, too. Like you I had kind of hoped I might have it this weekend, but looks sure to be next week now. 

I can confirm that! I got mine on saturday after waiting since last october.  Just getting used to it but so far its amazing.  So smooth, so well bolted together.  Just been tinkering with the modes and even in eco its like **** off a shiney.   Not long hopefully for you chaps to experience the same!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Richard - seems mine was on the ‘Nordic Ace’ not the ‘city of Sunderland’ as i’d thought.  Was disembarked at 7am today.  Hopefully yours will be soon.

my local dealer said he’s got a load of cars incl mine waiting to be transported from Grimsby including a Kodiaq that’s been in Port for more than 15 days :sweat:

At last some good news, after nearly 6 months from ordering I finally have a confirmed build week of next week, week 22. Let's hope they get it built and shipped quickly so I can at least have it for July.

Guest garpat32

Apparently mine has a build date of 19th May and is on way to Emben.

"Should" be in it by the end of June, not bad for an October order!!