vRS245 ordered club

On 19/06/2018 at 08:47, Stephan30 said:

Do you know when your car arrived at port? Mine arrived on 8th June...

Port in Europe I mean, i.e. how long to be loaded on to a boat. 

Mine left the factory on 10th June and arrived at the uk on 18th, so didn't seem to have much of a wait at the other side, hopefully will get from the port to the dealer just as quick.

Guest garpat32

Due to collect mine from Dealers on 2nd July.

So that will be 8 full months from order to collection, and 4 of those in a free mobex.

A long wait, but I cant complain about how well I have been looked after.

10 hours ago, juan27 said:

I'm amazed the extended lead the extended lead times and non-availability of the VRS haven't received more press attention. Still reading articles in the motoring press about the VRS which completely ignore the fact that you can't actually order the cars they refer to, and that the VRS230 has gone forever.

http://www.evo.co.uk/skoda/octavia-vrs/21381/skoda-octavia-vrs-estate-review-the-perfect-balance-of-practicality-and

Article published last week.

Don't think it's unique to Skoda. At least VW are having the same problems with specific models. Probably all manufacturers are...

13 minutes ago, mumphie said:

Don't think it's unique to Skoda. At least VW are having the same problems with specific models. Probably all manufacturers are...

Well I guess I'm singling out Skoda and the petrol VRS because I know for certain you won't have been able to order one pretty much in the first seven months of 2018 and that late MY18 order lead times are crazy from reports on here.

The cost of this disruption must be phenomenal, both in lost sales and hire cars etc for those waiting for MY18 cars.

Edited by juan27

Two years ago when I was checking what my 64 plate Rallye Green VRS Tdi Dsg was worth, saw on Autotrader that 90 per cent of VRS were diesels and only 10 per cent were petrol, so production going forward was geared up to reflect this ratio. Therefore all manufacturers have been caught out by the public's change from diesel to petrol, with diesel sales commonly down 30 per cent month on month compared to a year ago.

Did any of you leasing guys go for maintenance?

Ive been offers :

Servicing and maintenance for £10.45 a month

+ Tyres =£16.73 a month.

What's the servicing schedule, and im thinking ill def need a pair of fronts in 16k of driving - so am tempted.

27 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Ive been offers :

+ Tyres =£16.73 a month.

What's the servicing schedule, and im thinking ill def need a pair of fronts in 16k of driving - so am tempted.

Mine was another 40 quid a month so didn’t bother 

2 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Ive been offers :

+ Tyres =£16.73 a month.

Didn’t ask but that price seems pretty good.   Been told that 1st service is 20k so didn’t bother with maintenance as that’s near 2 years driving for me at 12k pa.

I smashed through a pothole on Friday and was expecting the deflation detection system to light up. It didn't and no marks on wheel or tyre miraculously. 

I think I will be handing this car back at the end of lease (not ask for a buy back) and going for something with good performance but proper wheels / tyres. 

Ordered a black 2019 245 DSG wagon a couple of weeks ago, and the dealer estimated delivery to Norway by the end of September. After reading through this forum, I have my doubts. Anyone with insight to this?

I was making the order just as the 2019 was available so there was some confusion regarding what was standard and extras. I had to pay extra for the 19" extremes (standard was gemini 18"), lane assist and camera (which seems to be standard on all of yours(?)). Canton and blind spot warning was standard.

Does it vary from district to district or should it be the same?

Anyone got some 18" for winter to show off/ recommend? Chasing a clean look and considering some RS6 replikas.

Although I am not 100% sure what comes with it, I am so excited! This is my first RS.

10 hours ago, fezzer2k said:

Ordered a black 2019 245 DSG wagon a couple of weeks ago, and the dealer estimated delivery to Norway by the end of September. After reading through this forum, I have my doubts. Anyone with insight to this?

I was making the order just as the 2019 was available so there was some confusion regarding what was standard and extras. I had to pay extra for the 19" extremes (standard was gemini 18"), lane assist and camera (which seems to be standard on all of yours(?)). Canton and blind spot warning was standard.

Does it vary from district to district or should it be the same?

Anyone got some 18" for winter to show off/ recommend? Chasing a clean look and considering some RS6 replikas.

Although I am not 100% sure what comes with it, I am so excited! This is my first RS.

The specs do vary by country.  Don’t believe the UK specs have been released yet - still waiting for the uk order book for vRS to open again.  

• Like 1

Mine has been in the body shop for a couple of weeks now after someone crashed into it while parking at a supermarket :angry: Should have it back tomorrow.  Been horrible waiting for it all over again but it has made me realise just how much I love this car!  However, as my wife works from home a lot I have been making use of her Karoq which I have to say is another fantastic car from Skoda But its nothing compared to the VRS!!

Guest garpat32

So, last few days in the mobex before I collect mine.

I'm guessing everyone that was waiting on a 245 either has their's or at least very close to getting it?

We must have the last few UK versions to roll off the production line!

1 hour ago, garpat32 said:

So, last few days in the mobex before I collect mine.

I'm guessing everyone that was waiting on a 245 either has their's or at least very close to getting it?

We must have the last few UK versions to roll off the production line!

Mines at the dealers now I’ve got the reg number and everything but got the lease docs yesterday to sign and all the figures were considerably more than they were when I ordered last year!!! waiting for them to be amended now so I can sign and get on with it!!! Just a bit more bloody time to wait! 

2FF55576-4819-4545-AC0D-39C086F66B60.jpeg

My figures were all fubar when I went to sign and they just asked what we had agreed before regarding advance payment and monthly payment and made it match. Dealer principal had to click to approve but that happened straight away followed by a call to VWFS.

No biggy for me, hope it’s the same for you

Car is ready to collect July 4th, but got plans then, so going to see if i can collect it either July 14th or July 28th.

Going on holiday on the 17th, so partly tempted to say July 28th so its the mobex car parked up at gatwick rather than mine.... also means no insurance expenses for another month :)

Mine is stuck at the port in the UK, getting fed up with the delays now, been there 10 days, have call my dealer and said I want to be able to pick up next Friday, if not I don't know when I will get a chance, could be August due to other commitments. 

On 28/06/2018 at 14:17, Ursicles said:

Been told they cant do collections on saturdays now - only Mon - Fri ....

That means they gonna have to hold the car til July 25th - ive waited 9 months, an extra month wont kill me!

Saturday's are a selling day & not a handover day, any problems with that & you'll need to talk to the Sales Manager