vRS 245 standard equipment/questions

I've tried finding this information elsewhere, but it seems inconsistent so sorry if it's been posted before.

I'm looking at the possibility of trading in my Fabia VRs for an octavia vRS 245 but I need to know the following if anyone can help please!

Does the 245 come with electric folding mirrors as standard? What is the width of the car when they are folded? the width is normally 2017mm, but my garage entrance is 2012mm so it would need to fit!

is the DCC standard? The online configuration doesn't mention this as an option

how useful is the Skoda connect system in real life- does it require an internet connection 24/7?

thanks in advance!

Welcome to my world but, I'll tell you the little I do know

Folding mirrors come as standard, with electric (front only) alcantara covered seating.

Black pack isn't required

19" face cut black extreme wheels are standard

DCC is a £850 optional extra

Carwow.co.uk has all the optional extra listed for choosing when you build a car to get quotes on.

BTW. its so new to market the PCH companies haven't got their full discounts yet hence, PCP seems to be the only route unless you wait a while. Ordered mine last Tuesday

• Like 1

Width measurements for the car will be with the mirrors extended, so take ~7cm off per folded mirror.

Regarding whether they will be electric or not I have no idea. Worst case is that you will have to open the windows and fold them manually, or let them fold automaically when they bash the door frame of your garage when driving in - assuming you go in forwards:biggrin:.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies.  It sounds like it might just fit with the mirrors folded in then! 

I'll have to add the DCC into my overall cost then.  I think it'll be worth it, especially when it comes to track days/spirited driving and maybe will mean it doesn't need lowering later on or different dampeners fitting like with my Fabia. 

I'm still in two minds about the Skoda connect feature.  On one had it looks very useful, on the other not so.  As I don't have an iPhone or Android, most of it will be pretty useless.  Plus with my IT Security hat on, it sounds like it might be prone to leaking data to someone determined or if the backend system gets interfered with someone else could locate and unlock my car remotely.  

I'd spec'd the satnav- does anyone know if this still allows you to have the boost/power/G gauges on the screen or does this need the Skoda Connect to work? 

On 5/25/2017 at 13:44, Orville said:

Width measurements for the car will be with the mirrors extended, so take ~7cm off per folded mirror.

Regarding whether they will be electric or not I have no idea. Worst case is that you will have to open the windows and fold them manually, or let them fold automaically when they bash the door frame of your garage when driving in - assuming you go in forwards:biggrin:.

Manual folding might work, but would need some decent foam on the garage doors to avoid damaging the mirrors, which might reduce the available width even more.....

We solved the problem by replacing the up 'n over doors & their wooden frames with roller shutters mounted inside the door aperture.

DC

• Like 1

Help please.

I've managed to configure a new vRS 245 via Carwow & have received some interesting quotations, but I cannot find any "official" detailed specifications from Skoda UK.

Do they exist anywhere on-line, or are Carwow making educated guesses?

TIA, DC.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

I've managed to configure a new vRS 245 via Carwow & have received some interesting quotations, but I cannot find any "official" detailed specifications from Skoda UK.

Do they exist anywhere on-line, or are Carwow making educated guesses?

TIA, DC.

CarWow rely on info from dealers I believe....The options they show seem close to the configurator except DCC, but I think that's an omission from the configurator rather than a CarWow issue.

I'm pretty close to ordering a 245 and I agree it would be nice to have a Skoda "official" statement of std spec.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, juan27 said:

CarWow rely on info from dealers I believe....The options they show seem close to the configurator except DCC, but I think that's an omission from the configurator rather than a CarWow issue.

The DCC is definitely an optional extra, I ordered it last week

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pkoconnor said:

Is it only the 245 that comes with the new 7 speed dsg or do all VRS's get the same box?

Seems to be only the 245 for now.

• Like 2

vRS Specifications 

Octavia vRS spectification

Octavia vRS (over SE)

Octavia vRS 245 (over vRS)

Wheels

18-inch ‘Gemini’ anthracite alloy wheels

19-inch ‘Xtreme’ gloss black alloy wheels

Interior

vRS sport seats and upholstery

vRS sport seats in Alcantara

Door sill trims with vRS logo

Decorative inserts in gloss black

Lighting interior door handles front and rear

LED interior light pack (10 colours)

Driver’s seat with memory function

Umbrella under passenger seat

Electrically adjustable front seats

Rear armrest with load-through boot access

Floor mats

Safety vest holder under passenger seat

Infotainment and technology

Amundsen satellite navigation with eight-inch touchscreen display and integrated Wi-Fi

Colour multifunction trip computer including lap timer

Exterior

Full LED headlights with adaptive front light system and LED daytime running lights

Gloss black vRS front grille

LED front fog lights

Gloss black mirror housing

Telescopic headlight washers

Gloss black exhaust tailpipes with sports sound

Rear LED lights (high functionality)

vRS exterior designs - vRS bumpers and spoiler

Driver assistance systems

Electronic stabilisation control

Electro-mechanical front locking differential

Performance mode selection

Lane assist

Colour multifunction trip computer

Comfort and convenience

Super sport three-spoke leather multi-function steering wheel with vRS logo + paddles if DSG

Heated front seats

Electrically adjustable and heated mirrors

Electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots

Front and rear electric windows (with child safety switch)

Rain sensor

Interior rear view mirror dimming

Light assistant (coming home, leaving home, tunnel light)

Rear backrest release from boot

Luggage compartment lighting, two side lamps (for Estate only one removable)

• Like 4

So other than more POWER, gears (DSG) & traction, you get some nicer covered, heated, electric but, not all memory functioned front seats, lap timer, bigger wheels, loadsa black bits n bobs all over.

Is it worth the extra cost ?

Hell yeah, there's more POWER

TBH there are some other bits not covered in the above, like the bigger back brake discs filling out those 19" wheels, I've also seen some photos on the various car magazine of bits n bobs that are nice but, not essential.

I only found out this stuff as my wife (whos an accountant, knows the cost of everything & the value of F all) couldn't believe I ordered a car that I didn't know what it came with, what I haven't told her is that I don't care

It has more POWER

• Like 2

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:28, themanwithnoaim said:

vRS Specifications 

Octavia vRS spectification

Octavia vRS (over SE)

Octavia vRS 245 (over vRS)

Wheels

18-inch ‘Gemini’ anthracite alloy wheels

19-inch ‘Xtreme’ gloss black alloy wheels

Interior

vRS sport seats and upholstery

vRS sport seats in Alcantara

Decorative inserts in gloss black

Lighting interior door handles front and rear

LED interior light pack (10 colours)

Driver’s seat with memory function

Umbrella under passenger seat

Electrically adjustable front seats

Rear armrest with load-through boot access

Floor mats

Safety vest holder under passenger seat

Infotainment and technology

Amundsen satellite navigation with eight-inch touchscreen display and integrated Wi-Fi

Colour multifunction trip computer including lap timer

Exterior

Full LED headlights with adaptive front light system and LED daytime running lights

Gloss black vRS front grille

LED front fog lights

Gloss black mirror housing

Telescopic headlight washers

Gloss black exhaust tailpipes with sports sound

Rear LED lights (high functionality)

vRS exterior designs - vRS bumpers and spoiler

Driver assistance systems

Electronic stabilisation control

Electro-mechanical front locking differential

Performance mode selection

Lane assist

Colour multifunction trip computer

Comfort and convenience

Super sport three-spoke leather multi-function steering wheel with vRS logo + paddles if DSG

Heated front seats

Electrically adjustable and heated mirrors

Electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots

Front and rear electric windows (with child safety switch)

Rain sensor

Interior rear view mirror dimming

Light assistant (coming home, leaving home, tunnel light)

Rear backrest release from boot

Luggage compartment lighting, two side lamps (for Estate only one removable)

Wow, thanks for this! I've been specking one up and I didn't realise how much was fitted as standard.  Just need to add the DCC then :)

On 6/9/2017 at 11:15, SC03OTT said:

If I remember rightly. The 230 was well priced, assuming you wanted (or valued) the extra kit that came with it. Presumably the 245 is the same?

yes and no, regarding the 230... while the book price was well priced for the extra kit that came with it, it was not included in the 0% finance offer on the regular vRS. Its why I ended up going for the regular one with the black pack +

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NikEd said:

yes and no, regarding the 230... while the book price was well priced for the extra kit that came with it, it was not included in the 0% finance offer on the regular vRS. Its why I ended up going for the regular one with the black pack +

£2K deposit from Skoda and 17.5% discount from the dealer was a very good price for me

I have had several cars of them 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 16:49, Auric Goldfinger said:

£2K deposit from Skoda and 17.5% discount from the dealer was a very good price for me

I don't think there are any deals like that on the 245 yet.  The best discount I've seen on any FL is 15% off, and of course the deposit contribution is only £1500 (if you're taking out a PCP) and the PCP isn't 0%.  Maybe in a few months time?

On 6/10/2017 at 13:51, Gumby said:

Wow, thanks for this! I've been specking one up and I didn't realise how much was fitted as standard.  Just need to add the DCC then :)

I went for DCC and a spare wheel.   

• Like 2