Delivery Timescales

So I’ve had a succession of hire cars whilst waiting. They tend to be cheapest is 2 or 3 week rentals. Picked up the latest and last one (hopefully) today. After loads of bland SUVs (I could write a ton of reviews that would all say the same thing) I’ve got a much smaller Suzuki Swift SZ-T. It’s just so much fun to drive with a deceptively pokey 1.0 turbo engine. I love it. Still can’t wait for the VRS though..

28 minutes ago, vegit8 said:

We are off to collect our 1.5Tsi SE-L Estate later - 72 days from order to delivery. Fastest ever new car for us...

That's amazingly fast!  Reading some of the earlier posts, you've done well to have a Saturday handover too!  Enjoy your new car :thumbup:.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Reading some of the earlier posts, you've done well to have a Saturday handover too!  Enjoy your new car :thumbup:.

I don't think they were over enthusiastic, but rather than ask them when I could collect it, I just told them when I would be coming in!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Finally, I've been given a confirmed build week! I'm told my 245 will be built week commencing 30th May, which means I should get the car approximately 252 days (36 weeks) after I paid my deposit. 

I thought mine was taking its sweet time! I feel for you. Mine has been at the docks since last Tuesday and I am on day 190.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2018 at 10:13, vegit8 said:

I don't think they were over enthusiastic, but rather than ask them when I could collect it, I just told them when I would be coming in!

I like it! :D

58 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Finally, I've been given a confirmed build week! I'm told my 245 will be built week commencing 30th May, which means I should get the car approximately 252 days (36 weeks) after I paid my deposit. 

That makes my 23 weeks for 230 look quick!!  Well done you for holding out and waiting for the car!

3 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Wow - is it a car or a child you are waiting for? :biggrin:

Hope the 'delivery' goes well for both of you!

• Haha 4

At day 192 I'm not surprised you're tired of waiting!

There can only be days left now. Looking forward to your opinion when you finally have it!

• Like 1

Nearly there for my Octy Estate 1.5 SE Tech.

Ordered on 18th Jan and if I hadn't needed to coordinate one car arriving on the same day as the old one going, I would have had it last Thursday 19th April. That's 91 days/13 weeks so pretty much as expected when I ordered.

So will be taking delivery this Thursday coming, the same day as a Skoda dealer in the South East is collecting my current car, having been the only bidder on Tootle and beating a very healthy Arnold Clark instant valuation.

Day 196, car has been at the retailer for a week and it still hasn't been prepped and can't discuss collection dates as they're now in discussions with VW Finance, who have to approve the release of the car / funds - apparently this is due to the amount of time taken from the point of order. Utter shambles on all fronts :(

This sort of situation adds insult to injury!  The issue is probably that it's such a long time since you were initially credit checked for the finance.  If so, it's two minutes work to recheck your credit file to see if anything has changed.

Utter shambles is right!  VW finance should have a process in place for when this sort of issue happens and ensure that their already irritated customer doesn't blow a gasket.  How hard can it be? :crying:

The person handling my complaint doesn't have any contacts in that area and the retailer only has an email address for the people that need to do it and they're not responding. 

I know it's a franchise talking to VW Finance, or VW Customer Services talking to VW Finance, but seriously - why is this so hard! 

I'm seriously wondering if they're trying to get me to walk away. 

It might be worth you googling their number and giving them a call yourself.  Maybe a customer complaint might get further with them.  If nothing else, you can let them know how pee'd off you are!

Link to the contact info below:

https://www.vwfinance.co.uk/en/privatecustomers/manage_agreement/contact_us.html

Edited by peterhardy
Added link
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

I've just spent an hour going around their departments with no success, either because I don't have an agreement yet or they refuse to talk to me because I am not the retailer. Time for a cuppa and wind down a bit!

Complete set of bell$$ds!!  Probably a good idea to take some chill time and not do something you might regret later :biggrin:.

• Like 1

Funny story, the day I got my car, I was meeting some friends at a car park to show them. 

I decide to show them the parking sensors by reversing slowly towards the wall, so they can see the sensors pick up the obstacle and see it moving closer. 

I'm going towards the wall at about 5mph because I'm still fairly far away, planning to slow down more once the sensors start to pick it up, and suddenly there's a thump and we shudder to a halt. We're bricking it, thinking I just crashed my car after having it for 2 hours. Pretty sure now the emergency brake activated automatically lol. I was still a good 4-5 feet away from the wall, in fairness. 

I think that when the emergency braking reacts is related to how fast you're reversing. I had this the other day but was crawling really and it activated about 10 inches off the wall.  It gave me a bit of a fright too!