Delivery Timescales

3 minutes ago, Mr Statto said:

We're looking at replacing our Roomster with an Octavia Estate before the MOT is due again in mid April 2018 - looking at some of these delivery timescales would it be sensible to order by the start of November?

And probably a silly question, but when you order that far in advance at what stage do you part with the bulk of your money? It's been nearly 10 years since we last bought a car so I'm a bit hazy with the process, but I'm hopefully getting a decent bonus at the start of April which was earmarked for the deposit!

My car was a stock rather than a new factory build, but paid £500 deposit to secure car then paid the main deposit when I picked it up and signed for it. I'd guess the process is the same for a factory build, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

13 minutes ago, Ash7 said:

My car was a stock rather than a new factory build, but paid £500 deposit to secure car then paid the main deposit when I picked it up and signed for it. I'd guess the process is the same for a factory build, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I put a £500 deposit down, the rest on collection.  Personally, I wouldn't put more than that down.

Re how soon to order, that early would surely guarantee that the car is ready when you want it.  Who knows what timescales will be next year, good or bad.  Will the dealer keep the car securely for you if it arrives early?  Would/can you take it sooner, if it arrives sooner?  Retail buyers seem to get their cars faster but the decision's yours.

I've just had a reply from my dealer.  He tells me:

"Your car has now been shipped and 'should' be in the UK by Monday. I'll be I touch then to confirm its arrival on our shores"

So lets see what happens on Monday.

Edited by peterhardy

9 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Greenpeace day of action is planned for Monday apparently, they are using the Rainbow Warrior to blockade Ports !

Thanks for that :crying:.  Let's hope they don't intend to come as far as the Port of Tyne :finger::D.

Edited by peterhardy
  • Haha 2

Had an update from my dealership this evening in my way home from work. They have said that the car "should" be with the at the back end of next week (hopefully :sweat:).

They also that the mix up at the port was down to someone scanning the order when it arrived as status 39 (in ship heading out of port), but two days later was scanned again as status 38 (at port awaiting to be loaded), but no-one seems to know why. At least five other cars have been caught up in this from the same dealership.

PS, if Greenpeace get involved and delay my car any further I'll drive to the port and personally remove them off the ship :punch: :ninja:

I've seen some previous posts where people have been tracking the ship they think they're car is on.

As my VRS was built last week and is probably on its way to or on board a ship, how do people work out which ship it could be on? :)

39 minutes ago, Liambobson said:

I've seen some previous posts where people have been tracking the ship they think they're car is on.

As my VRS was built last week and is probably on its way to or on board a ship, how do people work out which ship it could be on? :)

TBH, I have no idea.  Mine is due in port today and I've looked at the Port of Tyne arrivals and can't see anything at all from Emden.  Perhaps the dealer could give you this info?  I believe there are codes used for everything so they should be able to tell you if it's still at port, if it's shipped, if it's hit our shores and if it's in a compound or on it's way to your dealer.  Fingers crossed for you that it's the last on this list!

On 29/09/2017 at 14:58, peterhardy said:

I've just had a reply from my dealer.  He tells me:

"Your car has now been shipped and 'should' be in the UK by Monday. I'll be I touch then to confirm its arrival on our shores"

So lets see what happens on Monday.

So.... Emailed the dealer again to find out if my car has arrived in the UK.  They have finally got back to me.  They say:

"Your car, for whatever reason, is still showing as shipped. I'll give the retail support team a call tomorrow to find out what's happening"

I looked yesterday and the only ship from Emden showing to the Port of Tyne actually arrived early morning Saturday.  There's no other ship from Emden to the Tyne as far ahead as they show you (9th Oct).  In other words, it looks like there's some error, perhaps like the one which let down MrTaylor.

TBH, I'm just over it now.  Whatever.  I will update when I hear something, probably after I do the chasing again.

Edited by peterhardy
  • Sad 1

Well the Dealer has just got back to me without me having to chase :thumbup:.  He tells me:

"I've just spoken to Retail Support, your car has docked but as yet, the ship hasn't been unloaded. I'll be in touch when it has been"

So I'm guessing that this must be the ship that docked on Saturday and is still in the process of being unloaded.  Dunno, I would have thought that would be a quick thing with RORO vessels, but what do I know.  At least the news is positive in that the car is actually here in the UK and not still awaiting shipment as in the last I heard in MrTaylor's case :sadsmile:.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Well the Dealer has just got back to me without me having to chase :thumbup:.  He tells me:

"I've just spoken to Retail Support, your car has docked but as yet, the ship hasn't been unloaded. I'll be in touch when it has been"

So I'm guessing that this must be the ship that docked on Saturday and is still in the process of being unloaded.  Dunno, I would have thought that would be a quick thing with RORO vessels, but what do I know.  At least the news is positive in that the car is actually here in the UK and not still awaiting shipment as in the last I heard in MrTaylor's case :sadsmile:.

Congrats on the good news!

I hope my car is on the same ship, What was your build week? Mine was 39 so built last week.

2 minutes ago, Liambobson said:

Congrats on the good news!

I hope my car is on the same ship, What was your build week? Mine was 39 so built last week.

Cheers!

Mine was BW38.  From what I've read, some cars seem to ship straight away and others can sit for 2 weeks.  I do hope yours is quick and is on the ship, parked next to mine!  Why is yours coming into the Tyne if you live in Hampshire?

6 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Cheers!

Mine was BW38.  From what I've read, some cars seem to ship straight away and others can sit for 2 weeks.  I do hope yours is quick and is on the ship, parked next to mine!  Why is yours coming into the Tyne if you live in Hampshire?

Oh i'm not familiar with the ports or shipping lanes haha. Logical one for me would be Southampton but i have no idea if ships from...is it Emden? Go there! 

5 minutes ago, Liambobson said:

Oh i'm not familiar with the ports or shipping lanes haha. Logical one for me would be Southampton but i have no idea if ships from...is it Emden? Go there! 

Ah, gotcha!  I only knew about Skoda shipping from Emden to the Port of Tyne because I read it somewhere on Briskoda.  I just googled the port and looked at the arrivals/departures page.  I know they do Sheerness and a couple down south. TBH, your dealer is probably the best source on this.  A massive help, aren't I :biggrin:.

2 hours ago, Liambobson said:

These lot are friendly if you fancy a pie & a pint tonight

www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/438194-south-east-central-meet-55-on-the-3rd-october/

Edited by themanwithnoaim

4 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Ah, gotcha!  I only knew about Skoda shipping from Emden to the Port of Tyne because I read it somewhere on Briskoda.  I just googled the port and looked at the arrivals/departures page.  I know they do Sheerness and a couple down south. TBH, your dealer is probably the best source on this.  A massive help, aren't I :biggrin:.

I bought my car from Fareham in Hampshire, but I'm fairly sure it came from Emden via Grimsby.   Surely  it beggars belief that they would deliver a car destined for the South Coast via Grimsby but then have a Port of Tyne delivery for County Durham?     

Edited by juan27

23 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I bought my car from Fareham in Hampshire, but I'm fairly sure it came from Emden via Grimsby.   Surely  it beggars belief that they would deliver a car destined for the South Coast via Grimsby but then have a Port of Tyne delivery for County Durham?     

Hi Juan

My dealer is Lookers in Newcastle, so close to the Port of Tyne.  He told me that all of their cars are shipped there from Emden.

46 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Still only took them 2 weeks build to dealers though so, what do we know huh?

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

Still only took them 2 weeks build to dealers though so, what do we know huh?

Not complaining!

To be frank they could have been flown into Southampton Airport for all we really know. 

FN 'ell... A second update in one day from my dealer:

"Hi Peter,

Your car is now in the UK!!! The reg plate which has been allocated to it is *******. I'll be in touch when I see the car move and also update the motability system with a handover date at the same time"

Could it be that the wait is coming to an end...

• Like 2

Just heard from my dealer. Apparently, I have to give up any hope for my car being delivered by the end of this year. In their words, there is delay on cars with dsg and annual quota for RS models for my country (Croatia) is one per month (not a joke, they told me this). I must admit that such behaviour from Skoda is utmost unprofessional. My contract has cancel option if delivery takes longer than 120 days. At present situation the build week is week 48 (car was ordered on 3rd of July) which means the delivery date is way exceeded. I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and switching to some other brand that has immediately available models with similar power and automatic transmission. Grrr, I am so angry now.