Delivery Timescales

9 minutes ago, Loki250 said:

I originally ordered a Quartz Grey, but SWMBO spotted a Race Blue one in the wild while were out and about, and insisted we get that colour instead... woe is me...

She did you a favour :giggle:

2 hours ago, Loki250 said:

Now that's how you milk that scrappage payout. ;)

Is the scrappage real new money or just a different way of dressing up the discount/extra px allowance that's already there for the asking?

For example if I negotiate a cash price from the dealer with (say) 15% discount off list, can I then turn up in an old jalopy (complying to T&C) and get the scrappage for that off the price as well?

2 hours ago, juan27 said:

Is the scrappage real new money or just a different way of dressing up the discount/extra px allowance that's already there for the asking?

For example if I negotiate a cash price from the dealer with (say) 15% discount off list, can I then turn up in an old jalopy (complying to T&C) and get the scrappage for that off the price as well?

THINK THE CAR HAS TO BE REGISTERED IN YOUR NAME FOR MINIMUM 6 MONTHS , The way i approaced it was to get deals of CARWOW , to find the lowest that was up in lincoln , then went to my local kent dealer who had also quoted but 500 higher , got them to match the price , and then advised i wanted to put my old car in , so take of the extra 3.5 k , then add extras , with same discount applied and  ended up with the SEL Race Blue plus  Auotglym + tank of fuel  + £1K worth of extras for £18.5 k all in including delivery  /tax etc  Skoda Configurator price was showing £24800 .  AND thats for the latest 1.5 tsi DSG as well 

Edited by johnmb
If you own a diesel vehicle that complies with pre-Euro 5 emissions legislation, and was registered before 2010, you qualify for the ŠKODA scrappage incentive offer. Our incentives range from £1,500 to £4,000 and are available to use against the majority
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Have you got it yet?  All good?  Pics please!

I have indeed! It so nice, although I'd asked the dealer not to clean it, so when I went to see it all the delivery materials were still on it, plastic sheets, sponge bits, seat covers. I've spent 5 hours this afternoon performing the full works. Looks amazing now! 

IMG_20171006_183829.jpg

• Like 3

Just had an update email from my dealer.  My car is arriving there tomorrow and I can collect it on Wednesday.  This has been a long slog which I wil be delighted to see the back of.

I've checked and I actually paid my deposit on Wednesday 3rd May so it will be exactly 23 weeks to the day, from order to collection.  Any prospective Motability customers for the petrol vRS would be advised to use this timescale as a fair yardstick.  I know MrTaylor, a fellow Motability customer, is due to get his car around the same time and has waited the exact same period.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, djkarlos said:

I have indeed! It so nice, although I'd asked the dealer not to clean it, so when I went to see it all the delivery materials were still on it, plastic sheets, sponge bits, seat covers. I've spent 5 hours this afternoon performing the full works. Looks amazing now! 

IMG_20171006_183829.jpg

That looks lovely!! :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, djkarlos said:

IMG_20171006_183829.jpg

Just wondering where you would stand when you remove all the delivery plastics and find damage when it's on your driveway?? I'm considering doing that so I can get a ceramic coating on the paint before the dealer adds any swirls to the paintwork. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy25 said:

Just wondering where you would stand when you remove all the delivery plastics and find damage when it's on your driveway?? I'm considering doing that so I can get a ceramic coating on the paint before the dealer adds any swirls to the paintwork. 

The dealer told me that as long as I report anything I find in a timely manner, i.e. the next day or two then let them know and they will get it sorted. 

• Thanks 1

She's on her way; the Viking Diamond has just left Emden and is due in Sheerness 04:00 8th October.

I could just be tracking the wrong ship or the right ship but my car ain't on it yet. What a bummer that would be.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YMe said:

She's on her way; the Viking Diamond has just left Emden and is due in Sheerness 04:00 8th October.

I could just be tracking the wrong ship or the right ship but my car ain't on it yet. What a bummer that would be.

Fingers crossed

12 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Just had an update email from my dealer.  My car is arriving there tomorrow and I can collect it on Wednesday.  This has been a long slog which I wil be delighted to see the back of.

I've checked and I actually paid my deposit on Wednesday 3rd May so it will be exactly 23 weeks to the day, from order to collection.  Any prospective Motability customers for the petrol vRS would be advised to use this timescale as a fair yardstick.  I know MrTaylor, a fellow Motability customer, is due to get his car around the same time and has waited the exact same period.

Lets hope its the right spec & nothing is damaged

I did recently hear of a soilder in Germany who's vRS TDI was delivered wrong & he only noticed when he went to fill it up so, he ended up with a very cheap vRS TSI instead

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Lets hope its the right spec & nothing is damaged

Thanks for that positive outlook :D

That would just be the icing on the cake!!  I have one type of luck...bad luck, so I hope that you haven't put the voodoo hex of doom on me now :sweat:.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Thanks for that positive outlook :D

That would just be the icing on the cake!!  I have one type of luck...bad luck, so I hope that you haven't put the voodoo hex of doom on me now :sweat:.

Its gonna be all you've hoped for Peter albeit, a little refined in factory tune.

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Its gonna be all you've hoped for Peter albeit, a little refined in factory tune.

I believe it is ;).  TBH, I would be tempted to put a box on it but Motability wouldn't like it and it's not worth any potential fallout with them.  I know that there's no way I could get a personal lease inc, tax, insurance, maintenance, tyres and MOT for the same money.  When I was working, cash wasn't an issue but it's a whole different ball game now.  It is what it is and I'm grateful to have the scheme to keep me mobile at a price I can afford :).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

I believe it is ;).  TBH, I would be tempted to put a box on it but Motability wouldn't like it and it's not worth any potential fallout with them.  I know that there's no way I could get a personal lease inc, tax, insurance, maintenance, tyres and MOT for the same money.  When I was working, cash wasn't an issue but it's a whole different ball game now.  It is what it is and I'm grateful to have the scheme to keep me mobile at a price I can afford :).

14 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Totally agreed Peter, the scheme is quite literally a life saver, I would personally not be able to get out and about without it. Can't wait to see some pics of your much anticipated car!

18 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Totally agreed Peter, the scheme is quite literally a life saver, I would personally not be able to get out and about without it. Can't wait to see some pics of your much anticipated car!

Can't wait to show you them!!  My dealer hasn't responded to my email last night confirming Wednesday so I'm gonna wait a little longer and then email him again.  Cheers :).

18 hours ago, YMe said:

Why not contact skoda customer services.  Their online chat desk is open today and if you give them the order number they can tell you where it is.  State 38 is at Emden waiting for a boat, state 39 is on the boat to Sheerness (Or wherever). They are open today until 8

• Like 1

I ain't got me order number yet Only paid the £500 deposit so far. But will contact them as soon as I have a number - I didn't know this could be done

I'm just assuming build week 40 advised that car was built on Tuesday - next week Sheerness - a week to get to dealer and then to me by the end of October. All speculation of course.

I got it from my dealer when I've asked for an update. They gave me a copy of my order with the order number on it

I contacted the customer services team because I had read that they can help and i diddt want the dealer to get fed up with me popping in every day or two looking for an update.

Mine was built sometime last week as well, and contacting them today I was told that mine is state 30, which means it has left the factory and is on its way to the port.

It should have got there either today or sometime tomorrow and hopefully on a boat soon after.  

Here is a list of all the order states. (lovingly stolen from the vw audi forum)

00 - Welcome
10 - Order Received
20 - Preperation
21 - Panel Shop
22 - Paint Shop
23 - Assembly
24 - Quality Control
30 - left the factory for Emden
38 - At Emden
39 - On the boat
40 - Ready for Transport to the dealer
60 - Left UK Port on the way to the dealer
70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your 

Edited by roo
  • Like 1

On 06/10/2017 at 16:00, juan27 said:

There are some Ts&Cs, but the upshot is that you can negotiate a lower cash price as per usual, benefit from any other discounts and promotions (though there seem to be exceptions, none of them apparently affect me), and instead of PX-ing your pre-2010 diesel, you can 'scrap' it and probably get a better price for it than if you traded it in the traditional way. A lot of pre-2010 disels have a pretty high mileage now and aren't generally in great condition so are often worth sub-1.5k anyways, so 3.5k against a shiny new vRS is generally a good deal for those who fall under that bracket. The bonus of the scheme for me is that there's no financial 'penalty' for having a car that is in awful condition or mechnically poor. ;)

Also, tentative build week 50. Provided that doesn't change, I'm looking at around 14 weeks from order to delivery. I'll take that.

On 06/10/2017 at 19:09, djkarlos said:

IMG_20171006_183829.jpg

And damn, is there any colour the vRS doesn't look good in?