Delivery Timescales

Dashcam

I have a dashcam currently which is going into the vRS.  The nuisance is that the 12v sockets in the new car are permanently live, unlike my current car.  As the car is a Motability car, I'm not comfortable taking it to an auto electrician to have this changed to 'live by key' in case there are any issues/fires further down the line :biggrin:.  The supplying dealer has quoted me £90 to have this done, ready for the hand over.  It's a lot of money for an easy, quick job but I can't see any alternative for my peace of mind and to make me 'fire proof' :yawn: if there are any problems stemming from this.

Quick update. I ordered on the 15th June (week 24) and now my BW 34 car is being delivered to my home on the 12th Sept which is week 37 for delivery. So that makes for 13 weeks from order to delivery. :)

Does anyone know of a good list to use when checking the car on arrival? Like a snagging list for cars? I'll be taking plenty of photos when it has been unloaded and while the truck is still in shot.

Edited by spinnaker

14 hours ago, spinnaker said:

There are ways of doing this without having to make major electrical changes.

Thanks for the suggestion.  TBH, it's more about making sure I'm covered if there's any issues, especially with the Motability lease aspect to it. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, spinnaker said:

Quick update. I ordered on the 15th June (week 24) and now my BW 34 car is being delivered to my home on the 12th Sept which is week 37 for delivery. So that makes for 13 weeks from order to delivery. :)

Another quick transaction. :)

Just been over to the dealer to have a look at my new Vrs not pdi'ed yet but very impressed, seating more comfortable than my insignia, it's just great, well worth the wait, pick it up next week .

1 minute ago, DTS said:

Just been over to the dealer to have a look at my new Vrs not pdi'ed yet but very impressed, seating more comfortable than my insignia, it's just great, well worth the wait, pick it up next week .

Congrats...

Shame you can't have it for the weekend.

Just spoke to my Dealer and my car order has FINALLY moved to status 20 on Wednesday 6th so it's now confirmed definitely build locked for week 38.

As far as I can tell, this means I top the leaderboard for the longest wait for a FL Octavia vRS TSI DSG Saloon.  Lucky me!!  Can anyone beat 20 weeks from order to build?

9 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Can anyone beat 20 weeks from order to build?

Probably not but at least the time from build to dealer seems to have dropped to a couple of weeks, and that was to Hampshire, you're a lot nearer to Grimsby than that!

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

Probably not but at least the time from build to dealer seems to have dropped to a couple of weeks, and that was to Hampshire, you're a lot nearer to Grimsby than that!

What's this Grimsby lark about?  I thought there were ships into the Tyne, right next to my Dealers in 'The Toon' :D.  Then again, that might be wishful thinking on my part!

4 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Just spoke to my Dealer and my car order has FINALLY moved to status 20 on Wednesday 6th so it's now confirmed definitely build locked for week 38.

As far as I can tell, this means I top the leaderboard for the longest wait for a FL Octavia vRS TSI DSG Saloon.  Lucky me!!  Can anyone beat 20 weeks from order to build?

Glad you have a confirmed build week now Peter :)

Not too much longer now.

9 minutes ago, MrTaylor said:

Glad you have a confirmed build week now Peter :)

Not too much longer now.

Thanks Laurie!  Yours is next week, isn't it?   Nearly there now...

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Thanks Laurie!  Yours is next week, isn't it?   Nearly there now...

Yeah mines being built next week Peter. I'm going to have a slight delay in collecting my vRS as I'm having a left foot accelerater fitted, but as you said, nearly there now :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peterhardy said:

I think you're right.  It was definitely Benfield something...

I bought an Uno from there and in 1987.

• Like 1

The car tracking system tells me that my Octavia Estate is at the dealership. If that is so then 3 weeks from build and 8 weeks from order. Keeping fingers crossed for this w/e pick up!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RyanH said:

haha, it is yeah!!!! Another couple of days at work then day off Friday for train journey to preston to pick it up. Happy days. 

Delighted for you, Ryan!!  Nearly there now...