Delivery Timescales

On 07/10/2017 at 21:27, roo said:

I got it from my dealer when I've asked for an update. They gave me a copy of my order with the order number on it

I contacted the customer services team because I had read that they can help and i diddt want the dealer to get fed up with me popping in every day or two looking for an update.

Mine was built sometime last week as well, and contacting them today I was told that mine is state 30, which means it has left the factory and is on its way to the port.

It should have got there either today or sometime tomorrow and hopefully on a boat soon after.  

I'm status 30 too. I assume that means anywhere from factory new build car park to the dockside at Emden. Built early last week so will be at Emden or very close by now i would have thought. So much for the Viking Diamond - it just wasn't my ship. Nothing at Emden at the moment with an imminent departure for Sheerness, in my case, which could be a good thing if my Skoda is not at Emden yet.

5 hours ago, Andyjm2uk said:

According to Skoda Live chat. My vRS is sat at at the docks in Germany.....

Hope its a fair wind to Grimsby..

That's good news, Andy!  Nearly there...

35 minutes ago, djkarlos said:

Interesting news article about Skoda production and how busy Skoda are! 

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/volkswagen-has-no-plans-to-shift-skoda-production-1760388

Thanks for that.  I wasn't aware that Skoda is the 2nd most profitable part of the VAG group.

Just been chatting to a lovely man called Robert on the Skoda website who informed me my car was delivered and arrived at my dealership yesterday!

At least Robert could tell me that rather than my actual dealership :tongueout: No idea on a pick up day but will be in the next few days i would have thought!

Whoop! Whoop! Maddie @Skoda Live Chat tells me my car is at the dockside and has been assigned a ship - sort of status 38½.

5 hours ago, Liambobson said:

Just been chatting to a lovely man called Robert on the Skoda website who informed me my car was delivered and arrived at my dealership yesterday!

At least Robert could tell me that rather than my actual dealership :tongueout: No idea on a pick up day but will be in the next few days i would have thought!

May I ask which dealer as I'm in Hampshire too and deal with Meaden's of Sway and Brockenhurst and they have been excellent with both of my previous Octavias.

23 minutes ago, YMe said:

May I ask which dealer as I'm in Hampshire too and deal with Meaden's of Sway and Brockenhurst and they have been excellent with both of my previous Octavias.

My order was placed through Marshall Skoda, Newbury. The sales guy is friendly enough but communication from them has been dire. Much easier to use the live chat on Skoda's website than try and contact them. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liambobson said:

My order was placed through Marshall Skoda, Newbury. The sales guy is friendly enough but communication from them has been dire. Much easier to use the live chat on Skoda's website than try and contact them. :D

I bought through them and found the communication to be really good. Kept getting update emails every few weeks

13 minutes ago, djkarlos said:

I bought through them and found the communication to be really good. Kept getting update emails every few weeks

I guess you have more patience than I do haha! I did have emails every few weeks, but that didn't seem often enough. Whenever I replied to the odd email they never got back to me either which has resulted in my car not having the black pack because they tried to add it 2 weeks before build week, despite that fact i asked for it to be added before then.

Plus my car arrived there yesterday and they still havnt told me. 

Like I said, nice guys but seem to drop the ball from my experience.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Liambobson said:

Great news, Liam!!

Just collected mine yesterday and I'm over the moon with it :inlove:

18 hours ago, YMe said:

Whoop! Whoop! Maddie @Skoda Live Chat tells me my car is at the dockside and has been assigned a ship - sort of status 38½.

Nearly there now... ;)

39 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Right.  Some pics of the new car, hopefully!!  As per, it belted down most of the day so it's not the cleanest :angry:

http://nbexar.jpg

http://23t0eth.jpg

http://16limuu.jpg

Very nice looking motor there Peter. Had much of a chance to drive it yet?

52 minutes ago, MrTaylor said:

Very nice looking motor there Peter. Had much of a chance to drive it yet?

Thanks Laurie!  Got about 120 miles on it so far.

Any word on yours yet?

4 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Thanks Laurie!  Got about 120 miles on it so far.

Any word on yours yet?

Just got off the phone with the dealership, and my car is now in Derby. Need a flip down pedal fitting before I collect it, but it's here :party:

Even got a video of my car sitting in the car park with the protective wrapping in it.

Glad you've got yours and you're enjoying it :biggrin:

• Like 1

0% PCP Finance offer for 2018 models in Ireland. Unfortunately no other freebies or upgrades offered. Ordered in August sometime. Was build week 48 then 50 then 02 then 49 and now 47. Should be here before end of year. Can't be used until 2018 anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrTaylor said:

Just got off the phone with the dealership, and my car is now in Derby. Need a flip down pedal fitting before I collect it, but it's here :party:

Even got a video of my car sitting in the car park with the protective wrapping in it.

Glad you've got yours and you're enjoying it :biggrin:

Oh I'm delighted for you Laurie!!  :rock:  I hope that you're as pleased with yours as I am with mine!!