Delivery Timescales

Just heard from my dealer. Apparently, my VRS TDI DSG has been moved from build week 45 to build week 48. Car was ordered on 3rd of July. With 3-4 weeks for delivery this makes 24 weeks from order to delivery. Guess I beat the record :))

Ordered my new car last month, SE 1.4tsi DSG estate, reading all your posts I am now keeping everything crossed that I will take delivery this year! To take away the strain of waiting I will be having a planned operation that will keep me in hospital for a few weeks so the tension of when it will be built will be somewhat deflected. Now I ordered the 1.4tsi engine as the 1.5tsi is currently not available on the motability scheme yet but probably will be from September. Looking at the tech specs on this new engine all the figures seem so similar so is this just a marketing ploy or do you all think it would be an improvement on an already good engine?

1 hour ago, crovrs said:

Just heard from my dealer. Apparently, my VRS TDI DSG has been moved from build week 45 to build week 48. Car was ordered on 3rd of July. With 3-4 weeks for delivery this makes 24 weeks from order to delivery. Guess I beat the record :))

21 weeks order to build....Gotta be a mistake, surely!  I would ring Skoda Customer Services and be prepared to escalate to the Executive Office if they give you the usual flannel.

58 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Ordered my new car last month, SE 1.4tsi DSG estate, reading all your posts I am now keeping everything crossed that I will take delivery this year! To take away the strain of waiting I will be having a planned operation that will keep me in hospital for a few weeks so the tension of when it will be built will be somewhat deflected. Now I ordered the 1.4tsi engine as the 1.5tsi is currently not available on the motability scheme yet but probably will be from September. Looking at the tech specs on this new engine all the figures seem so similar so is this just a marketing ploy or do you all think it would be an improvement on an already good engine?

For me, I would want the new spec 1.5 engine, others may disagree.  It might be worth you calling Motability to ask if they can confirm its availability on the scheme from the next quarter, or not.  Depends too if you want to start at the back of the queue with a new order :worried:.

1 minute ago, peterhardy said:

For me, I would want the new spec 1.5 engine, others may disagree.  It might be worth you calling Motability to ask if they can confirm its availability on the scheme from the next quarter, or not.  Depends too if you want to start at the back of the queue with a new order :worried:.

With the length of time new orders seem to be taking I won't risk dropping back in the queue, my only concern is the availability of the 1.4tsi unit as it's now being dropped in favor of the 1.5tsi Am just keeping everything crossed I won't be waiting for as long as yourself and others on here.

14 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

With the length of time new orders seem to be taking I won't risk dropping back in the queue, my only concern is the availability of the 1.4tsi unit as it's now being dropped in favor of the 1.5tsi Am just keeping everything crossed I won't be waiting for as long as yourself and others on here.

TBH, I'm convinced that the major delays are being experienced by Motability customers.  Skoda know that Motability automatically extend our existing leases so they have no incentive to ensure prompt delivery.  I think the record in this thread is a car ordered, built and delivered in 12 weeks whilst mine may be double that.  Obviously the model and spec must have some relevance so hopefully you may have a better experience than I.  I do hope so!

On a seperate note, I hope your op goes well and you're soon back to your best.

Cheers!  Peter.

8 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

TBH, I'm convinced that the major delays are being experienced by Motability customers.  Skoda know that Motability automatically extend our existing leases so they have no incentive to ensure prompt delivery.  I think the record in this thread is a car ordered, built and delivered in 12 weeks whilst mine may be double that.  Obviously the model and spec must have some relevance so hopefully you may have a better experience than I.  I do hope so!

On a seperate note, I hope your op goes well and you're soon back to your best.

Cheers!  Peter.

Thanks Peter, probably won't be able to drive until well into December so fingers crossed the car will be a nice Christmas treat.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wet Kipper said:

I wonder if anyone's car is going to be delayed by this:

VW diesel car protest: Greenpeace members climb on boat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-41346998

I'm hoping as it states diesel engined cars repeatedly, I won't be affected. Mine's a petrol vRS and is currently in a boat heading to England (don't know where though) :sweat:

I've just heard my vRS is sitting at a port waiting to be put on a ship to be brought across. 

I also got told that Skoda have upped their deposit contribution to £2000 so I save myself £500 when I pick up car and pay my final deposit. Bargain! 

• Like 2

I've just chased my Dealer to confirm my car is built and ready to come to the UK.  In response, I've had the following back:

"Yes actually, your new car is on it's way from the factory to the Port of Emden in Germany. I'll be in touch next week with another (hopefully positive) update."

About FN time.  It would have been nice, after all of the chew with my order, to have had the Dealer inform me instead of me having to ask.  Hey Ho, just another minor annoyance in the catalogue of many in my, not to be repeated, Skoda Customer Service experience!!

Peter.

Will add my delivery details to see how it all Pans Out 

Octavia 1.5 tsi DSG , order placed 18 September , advised 16 week delivery

Uodate from Dealer Today that Build date is estimated week 44 ( assume that to be end October ) . Will see how it all goes over the next few months , hopefully if all goes to plan , that leaves 8 weeks before year end , so whats the guess i may be a proud owner befor christmas . 

On 21/09/2017 at 13:56, MrTaylor said:

I'm hoping as it states diesel engined cars repeatedly, I won't be affected. Mine's a petrol vRS and is currently in a boat heading to England (don't know where though) :sweat:

Any news on your car, Laurie?

On 22/09/2017 at 18:52, johnmb said:

Will add my delivery details to see how it all Pans Out 

Octavia 1.5 tsi DSG , order placed 18 September , advised 16 week delivery

Uodate from Dealer Today that Build date is estimated week 44 ( assume that to be end October ) . Will see how it all goes over the next few months , hopefully if all goes to plan , that leaves 8 weeks before year end , so whats the guess i may be a proud owner befor christmas . 

I would be surprised if you don't have your car by the end of November, TBH.  Fingers crossed for you!

9 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Any news on your car, Laurie?

Hi Peter, I've had some news, but it's not good. Apparently my car has not yet left Emden :angry:

Not what I was told last week.

Have you had any delivery dates yet?

48 minutes ago, MrTaylor said:

Hi Peter, I've had some news, but it's not good. Apparently my car has not yet left Emden :angry:

Not what I was told last week.

Have you had any delivery dates yet?

Eh?  So you were told it was on the boat a week ago but in fact that was utter rubbish?  Yours was build week 37, wasn't it?  So yours has spent 2 weeks at the port and is yet to leave?  It defies belief!!  Some posters on here have picked their cars up within 2 weeks of build, or just after!

The last I heard (last Friday, after me having to chase an update up) my car was on the way to the port.  As expected, on prior experience, I've heard nothing since and fully expect to have to send the dealer another email tomorrow afternoon to see if there's any update.  Hearing your news, I'm concerned.  I was thinking I would be told the car had either arrived in the UK , or was en route, at worst.

To sum up, you waited 19 weeks order to build and your car has sat at port for a further 2 weeks so you're 21 weeks in now.

I waited 20 weeks order to build and don't know where my car is currently and am 1 week in waiting so also at 21 weeks now.

Perhaps Skoda are trying to ensure we receive equal wait times, as valued Motability customers :@

57 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Eh?  So you were told it was on the boat a week ago but in fact that was utter rubbish?  Yours was build week 37, wasn't it?  So yours has spent 2 weeks at the port and is yet to leave?  It defies belief!!  Some posters on here have picked their cars up within 2 weeks of build, or just after.

To be fair to skoda there are many things that could be why it's not here yet and it's only week 39)

When in build week 37 was it? It could have been the last day of it. There could have been many cars all waiting to go the same way as the train that goes to emden could well drop off cars for a lot of Europe too.

Then you have the port itself, I am sure that the large boats that carry cars to the uk take all makes, and it may well be down to who got there first.

There would also have been delays thanks to Greenpeace boarding one of the boats at sheerness, delaying everything by at least a day so there would be a backlog to catch up with too.

41 minutes ago, roo said:

To be fair to skoda there are many things that could be why it's not here yet and it's only week 39)

When in build week 37 was it? It could have been the last day of it. There could have been many cars all waiting to go the same way as the train that goes to emden could well drop off cars for a lot of Europe too.

Then you have the port itself, I am sure that the large boats that carry cars to the uk take all makes, and it may well be down to who got there first.

There would also have been delays thanks to Greenpeace boarding one of the boats at sheerness, delaying everything by at least a day so there would be a backlog to catch up with too.

The issue for me would not necessarily be the delay, although that would annoy me.  To me, the issue is being told it's on the boat on it's way here when in fact it has never left the port.

6 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

The issue for me would not necessarily be the delay, although that would annoy me.  To me, the issue is being told it's on the boat on it's way here when in fact it has never left the port.

Exactly Peter, I was told over the phone it was on the boat and would take about 5-6 days to get to the UK, and that was 10 days ago :wall: If I was told it was ready to be shipped but fairly far down the shipping order I could understand 

3 minutes ago, MrTaylor said:

Exactly Peter, I was told over the phone it was on the boat and would take about 5-6 days to get to the UK, and that was 10 days ago :wall: If I was told it was ready to be shipped but fairly far down the shipping order I could understand 

So in your shoes I would have been thinking that the car could have arrived at the dealers for PDI or at least maybe be on a transporter on the way there.  It's a bitter pill to swallow.  I will post an update on mine after I chase it up tomorrow.  In the nicest possible way, I do hope mine's not supposedly on the boat like yours was!

I've just sent my dealer an email to ask for an update.  It's 21 weeks today since my order was placed on the Skoda system.  I was gonna wait until later but Laurie's tale of woe has me worried.  I wonder what I'm gonna be told...

We're looking at replacing our Roomster with an Octavia Estate before the MOT is due again in mid April 2018 - looking at some of these delivery timescales would it be sensible to order by the start of November?

And probably a silly question, but when you order that far in advance at what stage do you part with the bulk of your money? It's been nearly 10 years since we last bought a car so I'm a bit hazy with the process, but I'm hopefully getting a decent bonus at the start of April which was earmarked for the deposit!