Delivery Timescales

2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

Just been given my build week which is set for week 46, ordered week 33 so fingers crossed will get it in time for Christmas? How long on average is everyone waiting from build to delivery?

Hi

Mine was buid week 38 and arrived in the UK yesterday.  I get the impression it's gonna get to the dealers either by the end of the week or beginning of the next.  They say they need it for 5 days, so if this is right, then I will get my car at the end of week 41; round about 3 weeks or so later.  I will update if there's any change.

2 hours ago, crovrs said:

Just heard from my dealer. Apparently, I have to give up any hope for my car being delivered by the end of this year. In their words, there is delay on cars with dsg and annual quota for RS models for my country (Croatia) is one per month (not a joke, they told me this). I must admit that such behaviour from Skoda is utmost unprofessional. My contract has cancel option if delivery takes longer than 120 days. At present situation the build week is week 48 (car was ordered on 3rd of July) which means the delivery date is way exceeded. I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and switching to some other brand that has immediately available models with similar power and automatic transmission. Grrr, I am so angry now.

I feel for you.  That's really bad news!!

4 minutes ago, Andyjm2uk said:

Just been updated by my Dealer.

My car is built and in Germany.

Expected at the showroom in three weeks, via Grimsby...

Nearly there!!!

Really pleased to hear that Andy!!  It's nice to see progress all round!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Hi

Mine was buid week 38 and arrived in the UK yesterday.  I get the impression it's gonna get to the dealers either by the end of the week or beginning of the next.  They say they need it for 5 days, so if this is right, then I will get my car at the end of week 41; round about 3 weeks or so later.  I will update if there's any change.

Good to see you are finally seeing an end to your long drawn saga.

• Thanks 1

Build week 40 and dealer advised today that my car is on its way to Emden. Is hoping for mid October too optimistic?

46 minutes ago, YMe said:

Build week 40 and dealer advised today that my car is on its way to Emden. Is hoping for mid October too optimistic?

I would have thought, based on mine, that the end of Oct is more likely but you never know!

10 hours ago, YMe said:

It must have been built on monday or tuesday then, as this week is week 40.  It should turn up around the same time as my car then by the look of it.

Edited by roo

Ordered myself a petrol vRS in Race Blue over the weekend, but the dealer hasn't given an estimated build week yet. How long before they normally contact you with the estimate?

38 minutes ago, Loki250 said:

Ordered myself a petrol vRS in Race Blue over the weekend, but the dealer hasn't given an estimated build week yet. How long before they normally contact you with the estimate?

Ordered my car week 33 and only had a call from my dealer yesterday confirming build week will be 46 so you may be in for a bit of a wait.

1 minute ago, womblingfree said:

Ordered my car week 33 and only had a call from my dealer yesterday confirming build week will be 46 so you may be in for a bit of a wait.

Thanks. Good to know what I'm up against. 13 weeks from ordering to build doesn't seem too bad though. My Vitara has to come off the road before December 1st (MOT is due, and fire damage means it's unlikely to pass), so that would only leave me without a car for 2 months-ish.

6 hours ago, Loki250 said:

Thanks. Good to know what I'm up against. 13 weeks from ordering to build doesn't seem too bad though. My Vitara has to come off the road before December 1st (MOT is due, and fire damage means it's unlikely to pass), so that would only leave me without a car for 2 months-ish.

Intrigued. Fire damaged, but still usable but won't pass an MOT?  What are you expecting it to fail on? 

i haven't slept a wink since i was told, this week, by my dealer, that the only Octavia that matters :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: is on its way to Emden - probably there now.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Loki250 said:

I ordered mine on 19th June and pick it up tomorrow, that's 15 weeks all told, but got told the predicted build week about 4 weeks after ordering 

Edited by djkarlos

I see the Viking Diamond is currently at Emden loading for Sheerness. I wonder if mine is on it. Due to depart for Sheerness on the 8th.

17 hours ago, juan27 said:

Intrigued. Fire damaged, but still usable but won't pass an MOT?  What are you expecting it to fail on? 

Not a mechanic, so please bear with me as I butcher the explanation...

DPF went up due to a failure in one of the exhaust gas pressure sensor hoses. I realise that it's supposed to get hot, but the flames spilling out of it took out the exhaust temp sensor and exhaust gas pressure sensor apparently, along with some damage to the DPF itself. Quoted 2 and a half grand to get it back working to a state where it will meet an emissions check - the car isn't even worth 2 in perfect working condition, so it's time to scrap it methinks.

15 minutes ago, Loki250 said:

Not a mechanic, so please bear with me as I butcher the explanation...

DPF went up due to a failure in one of the exhaust gas pressure sensor hoses. I realise that it's supposed to get hot, but the flames spilling out of it took out the exhaust temp sensor and exhaust gas pressure sensor apparently, along with some damage to the DPF itself. Quoted 2 and a half grand to get it back working to a state where it will meet an emissions check - the car isn't even worth 2 in perfect working condition, so it's time to scrap it methinks.

Fair enough thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

Just a thought was it not covered by insurance?  ie Like the Fire in Third Party Fire and Theft? 

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Just a thought was it not covered by insurance?  ie Like the Fire in Third Party Fire and Theft? 

"Wear and tear" as far as they're concerned. Despite the fact there was fire, they don't seem keen to go any further with it because it wasn't in the engine bay or cabin...

I could probably push them and kick up a fuss over it, but in all honesty, it's probably best I don't claim on the insurance as I don't have GAP. I'lll only get a 2k-ish payout, whereas I can get 3.5k for it against an Octavia as part of the scrappage scheme and don't have to worry about ruining my NCB. Just means I have to cope with the burden of a shiny new vRS...

16 hours ago, djkarlos said:

I wonder if I will sleep tonight. Why you ask... Because I'm picking up my vRS tomorrow lunchtime!

Have you got it yet?  All good?  Pics please!

42 minutes ago, Loki250 said:

"Wear and tear" as far as they're concerned. Despite the fact there was fire, they don't seem keen to go any further with it because it wasn't in the engine bay or cabin...

I could probably push them and kick up a fuss over it, but in all honesty, it's probably best I don't claim on the insurance as I don't have GAP. I'lll only get a 2k-ish payout, whereas I can get 3.5k for it against an Octavia as part of the scrappage scheme and don't have to worry about ruining my NCB. Just means I have to cope with the burden of a shiny new vRS...

My 2004 octavia with 245k miles passed the MOT in september , so took the option of doing the scrappage deal on a new Octy , as Trade in value was only £250 . Just need to keep it running until delivery hopefully before year end 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnmb said:

took the option of doing the scrappage deal on a new Octy , as Trade in value was only £250

Now that's how you milk that scrappage payout. ;)

4 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Race Blue cars are the best looking and the fastest!  :tongueout:

I originally ordered a Quartz Grey, but SWMBO spotted a Race Blue one in the wild while were out and about, and insisted we get that colour instead... woe is me...

• Haha 1