Delivery Timescales

33 minutes ago, jcsphoto69 said:

Car is now at the dealership picking it up next Thursday afternoon, it will take some getting used to as I've driven diesels for the last 7 years.

Getting a bit more excited now.

Great news you are in the final straight. Have been driving diesels too for the last 10 years so will be a big change to go to a quiet petrol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jcsphoto69 said:

Car is now at the dealership picking it up next Thursday afternoon, it will take some getting used to as I've driven diesels for the last 7 years.

Getting a bit more excited now.

Great news!!  This will be a long week!!

3 hours ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Just got a note from the lease company saying car is expected early March. I haven't asked for the build week, don't want to tease myself too much but at least I know the order made the cut.

Good news, Jay.  :thumbup:

Had a call from my dealer today to inform me my car is built and waiting at the docks for a ship to bring it over to Blighty, booked me in for 15th December to collect it so 3 weeks this Friday. Getting so close now am getting dizzy with excitement! Here's to 3 weeks of pacing around and cursing at my current vehicle because its neither automatic or a Skoda!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AK1982 said:

Ordered mine 2nd of October, it's now in the UK in Grimsby apparently.  Waiting for it to be brought down south and hopefully picking it up first week of December.  Meteor Grey VRS DSG in diesel flavour.

WOW, that’s good. I ordered mine on 14th and they’re still saying won’t be buitltnil next year!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

WOW, that’s good. I ordered mine on 14th and they’re still saying won’t be buitltnil next year!

They did originally tell me that I would be build week 1, then it was brought back to week 45.  They said that it's almost unheard of for this to happen.  I didn't order any options on mine, so not sure if that made a difference.

Edited by AK1982
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, AK1982 said:

They did originally tell me that I would be build week 1, then it was brought back to week 45.  They said that it's almost unheard of for this to happen.  I didn't order any options on mine, so not sure if that made a difference.

Ah thats probably why, though we only speced a couple of things like seats/keyless/folding mirrors.

Oh well, tis what it is!

*sigh*

They really are completely disorganised. Having been repeatedly told on live-chat (and by the dealer) since mid-October that my order had definitely been accepted by the factory (I put a deposit down on the 8th), during this afternoon's 'build week chase-up' I've had customer services tell me their system is now showing the order only having been accepted last week. 

No wonder a build week has taken longer than 6 weeks to appear. 

Arse and elbow spring to mind. 

Figure I'll give them another week and then start shopping around again. 

1 hour ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Arse and elbow spring to mind. 

Figure I'll give them another week and then start shopping around again. 

Exactly the sort of behaviour guaranteed to pee you off.  Let's hope you get some better news next week.

Well that's annoying - after being told when ordering at the end of October that likely delivery would be end of January, and then getting an email from the dealer last week to say 29 December, I've just checked with Live Chat who say that our unconfirmed build week isn't until week 4 (22 Jan) with estimated delivery 6-8 weeks after that. We really need to have the car before the start of March (as we told the dealer at the time of ordering) as the MOT & Insurance are due for renewal so don't want to have the hassle of doing that just to sell the car a couple of weeks later.

How often do these unconfirmed build dates get moved forward significantly?

1 minute ago, Mr Statto said:

Well that's annoying - after being told when ordering at the end of October that likely delivery would be end of January, and then getting an email from the dealer last week to say 29 December, I've just checked with Live Chat who say that our unconfirmed build week isn't until week 4 (22 Jan) with estimated delivery 6-8 weeks after that. We really need to have the car before the start of March (as we told the dealer at the time of ordering) as the MOT & Insurance are due for renewal so don't want to have the hassle of doing that just to sell the car a couple of weeks later.

By the sounds of other peoples orders, Week 4 is pretty good going! My original order which was made in Mid October, was given a week 20 build date

Just now, matt9407 said:

By the sounds of other peoples orders, Week 4 is pretty good going! My original order which was made in Mid October, was given a week 20 build date

I was under the impression it tended to be the vRS orders which were really slow - ours is a 1.0 TSi SE estate. The only options I've added are Front Assist & Folding front seat

Just now, Mr Statto said:

I was under the impression it tended to be the vRS orders which were really slow - ours is a 1.0 TSi SE estate. The only options I've added are Front Assist & Folding front seat

I have heard that all petrols are now in very high demand due to the whole diesel situation

Just now, matt9407 said:

I have heard that all petrols are now in very high demand due to the whole diesel situation

I'll be pretty ****ed off if it doesn't get here before March - really thought that 4-5 months was plenty of time, even having read about long lead times

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Statto said:

I'll be pretty ****ed off if it doesn't get here before March - really thought that 4-5 months was plenty of time, even having read about long lead times

Yup! Seems to be a problem with a lot of customers at the moment!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Chat who say that our unconfirmed build week isn't until week 4 (22 Jan) with estimated delivery 6-8 weeks after that.

Hi Matt

My build weeks moved around like a yoyo!  Hopefully you will get more accurate info as we move into December.  The estimated delivery time of 6-8 weeks they have quoted you is complete *******s!  I'm not aware of anybody's car taking more than 3 to 4 weeks at worst.  I got mine within 2 weeks of my build week so you can probably deduct a few weeks there right off the bat.

Hope this helps!  Peter.

1 minute ago, peterhardy said:

Hi Matt

My build weeks moved around like a yoyo!  Hopefully you will get more accurate info as we move into December.  The estimated delivery time of 6-8 weeks they have quoted you is complete *******s!  I'm not aware of anybody's car taking more than 3 to 4 weeks at worst.  I got mine within 2 weeks of my build week so you can probably deduct a few weeks there right off the bat.

Hope this helps!  Peter.

Yuo. Mine was week 20 and did move abit. I ended up cancelling as I found a 245 sitting in a dealership down south :)

37 minutes ago, Mr Statto said:

Hey, Ours is still unconfirmered BW 1, ordered 14th Oct and hasn't moved at all yet, though i'm expecting it to get delayed soon before they confirm it!! I spoke to our dealer who said all vRS in our spec are being delayed for some reason, but he didn't know why. We don't have many options so all I can think is its the seats. Theyre stock on the 245 which is currently sold out, wheras all our other options would be the same on EVERY OTHER VAG car (folding mirrors/parking sensors), so i doubt they'd run out of those!

Hope this has helped a bit. Im kind hoping ours is pushed to march now as we've got used to putting up with one car so i'd rather get an 18 reg than a 67 in late feb!