Delivery Timescales

56 minutes ago, Mr Statto said:

And we're now confirmed build week 4 :clap: 

Live Chat reckons two weeks to build and then up to 8 weeks for delivery - seems a bit long to me. Should I still be expecting it before the end of February?

I don't think you'll be far off, the quickest I recall was 4 days for my dad's Yeti to make it to the dealer. PDI was done in 5 days. 

The planets aligned to get to the dealer in 4 days considering the car has to leave the factory, wait for a place on the train to Emden Port, get a place on a boat, cross the channel, arrive at the UK port and wait for a transporter to fill up travelling to your area.

My VRS is being built next week (BW3), I've got my fingers crossed for third week in Feb but realistically I'm expecting it to drift into March.

Edited by dkvinyls

1 hour ago, Mr Statto said:

And we're now confirmed build week 4 :clap: 

Live Chat reckons two weeks to build and then up to 8 weeks for delivery - seems a bit long to me. Should I still be expecting it before the end of February?

I would have thought you would have your car by week ending Sunday 18th Feb.  That's allowing three weeks for the car to get here and be PDI'd.  Even allowing for a delay somewhere, that still gives you another week and a half in Feb to play with.  Personally, I would ask them to delay registration for a 1st March 18 plate, but that's just me. :biggrin:  Good luck :thumbup:.

48 minutes ago, dkvinyls said:

My VRS is being built next week (BW3), I've got my fingers crossed for third week in Feb but realistically I'm expecting it to drift into March.

I think the delays all seem to be on the factory side.  Once the car is built it seems like they are very efficient in getting the cars to their buyers.  I would be amazed TBH if you have to wait until March. :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

I think the delays all seem to be on the factory side.  Once the car is built it seems like they are very efficient in getting the cars to their buyers.  I would be amazed TBH if you have to wait until March. :thumbup:

Thanks for that, I'm hopeful. I was just looking at the pictures of Emden Port yesterday on Google maps, I can see why it sometimes takes a while for a car to get to the front of the queue.

Screenshot_20180113-121734.jpg

Screenshot_20180113-121743.jpg

21 minutes ago, dkvinyls said:

I was just looking at the pictures of Emden Port yesterday on Google maps, I can see why it sometimes takes a while for a car to get to the front of the queue.

Oh my!!!

My build date has slipped to BW4 and my dealer reckons despatch from Factory in Calendar Wk 5 and will arrive in time for 1st March delivery no problem, they usually see them in 3-4 weeks. He’s even booked me to colllect at 8am on 1st as his first 18 plate.

BW and Calendar Weeks can differ slightly.

On 1/8/2018 at 07:34, jtalep said:

So mine is now unconfirmed week 11.  So in the space of 7 days it's gone from week 17, to 14 and now 11.  I'm hoping it keeps dropping like this!  Their live chat team are going to be sick of me :D

Just got an update, it's now unconfirmed week 7!  I'm still hoping it ends up being week 5 or 6 to be in with a chance of taking delivery at the start of March, but at least it's now looking like March rather than May!

• Like 1

Ordered 8/9/17 supposedly built week 48,in Ireland friday 2weeks back according to Skoda IRL,still on the boat according to the dealer.

Wonder what tales I'll be told tomorrow ?

1.0 style hatchback NO OPTIONS other than alternate wheels

• Sad 1

On 1/13/2018 at 11:39, peterhardy said:

I would have thought you would have your car by week ending Sunday 18th Feb.  That's allowing three weeks for the car to get here and be PDI'd.  Even allowing for a delay somewhere, that still gives you another week and a half in Feb to play with.  Personally, I would ask them to delay registration for a 1st March 18 plate, but that's just me. :biggrin:  Good luck :thumbup:.

Can't decide whether it'll be worth waiting for an 18 plate - if it's anything like our Roomster we'll be hanging onto it for 10 years or so, so I'm guessing the plate won't make much difference to resale value! Every week we get closer to the MOT date in April the value seems to drop another fifty quid

Edited by Mr Statto
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbijay said:

Mine is sitting on a boat somewhere in the North sea!! I'm assuming it will be ready for a 3rd Feb pick up...

I would think that you're in with a good chance. 

yeah, just working on the fact it won't be in Gloucester by this weekend and I want it "lifeshined". Probably be ready for 27th Jan, but I don't want to register it and waste a months worth of tax on 4 days! We've waiting since mid Oct with one car, so an extra week won't kill us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbijay said:

yeah, just working on the fact it won't be in Gloucester by this weekend and I want it "lifeshined". Probably be ready for 27th Jan, but I don't want to register it and waste a months worth of tax on 4 days! We've waiting since mid Oct with one car, so an extra week won't kill us.

Don't buy the lifeshine. It's the 2nd biggest con in dealership history after gap cover. It's rarely applied correctly meaning it rarely does what it says on the tin.

6 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Don't buy the lifeshine. It's the 2nd biggest con in dealership history after gap cover. It's rarely applied correctly meaning it rarely does what it says on the tin.

I probably wouldn't if i had the space to do it myself and it wasn't middle of winter. I use autoglym stuff anyway, so the bag of accessories you get will negate the price by about 1%.

If we weren't in such a need (i.e if we still had our other car and it worked), then i'd get shipped to a detailer to do properly.

9 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

I probably wouldn't if i had the space to do it myself and it wasn't middle of winter. I use autoglym stuff anyway, so the bag of accessories you get will negate the price by about 1%.

If we weren't in such a need (i.e if we still had our other car and it worked), then i'd get shipped to a detailer to do properly.

Fair enough, but just so you know you can buy the bag from the parts department for about £70. I'd personally do it myself for that price difference.

good point, I was under the impression autoglym applied it professionally, but it seem that, just like supagard, they get some random to do it. Maybe i'll pick up the car and get someone to do a new car detail on it instead.

7 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

good point, I was under the impression autoglym applied it professionally, but it seem that, just like supagard, they get some random to do it. Maybe i'll pick up the car and get someone to do a new car detail on it instead.

That's certainly my plan. Probably wouldn't be bothering with it if it wasn't for the fact that Mrs Statto has taken to parking at work under a tree with the world's most incontinent birds :wall:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

Some of the sales guys used to say to customers the autoglym come in. Load of tosh, the eastern European chaps get £5 and 20 mins to apply it. Definitely do it yourself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robbijay said:

Not sure if it changed when it went electronic, rather than a real tax disc, but used to be first registration could be done in last few days of month to give 12 months plus the few extra days for free.

Just now, SurreyJohn said:

Not sure if it changed when it went electronic, rather than a real tax disc, but used to be first registration could be done in last few days of month to give 12 months plus the few extra days for free.

Well that would be ideal if we COULD get it earlier. I know I picked my 15 plate up on 30 May 2015 and didn't have to tax it til June 16.

On 15/01/2018 at 15:19, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Some of the sales guys used to say to customers the autoglym come in. Load of tosh, the eastern European chaps get £5 and 20 mins to apply it. Definitely do it yourself.

Officially sacked off the life shine today and booked in a new car detail with ceramic sealant instead. Picking the car up in delivery condition and taking straight there. Three day delay in actually having the car, but worth it I hope!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbijay said:

Officially sacked off the life shine today and booked in a new car detail with ceramic sealant instead. Picking the car up in delivery condition and taking straight there. Three day delay in actually having the car, but worth it I hope!

It'll be totally worth it in comparison, good man :)

On 15/01/2018 at 15:35, SurreyJohn said:

Its still the case, in fact I think it can go as far as 12 months + 3 weeks. The dealer will probably want the extra cost of 3 weeks.

Note that this doesnt mean the registration and number plate date will be showing in x weeks time. Your V5 and number plate is dated immediately, so it will be a Feb car on 67 plate.

Edited by xman

Got our reg through!! Rather we got the reg documents for my wife to sign, however it's saying first registered today (17th Jan). so I've told him i don't want it taxed til Feb as i don't want to have 11 months left when we actually get it (and its booked in for the detail on 3rd Feb). Not to mention another pay day happens!!