Delivery Timescales

Just now, peterhardy said:

The build weeks do seem to jump about a lot but this does sound quite extreme.  Mine jumped around at most 3 weeks at a time.  I would say that 16 weeks max from order to collection is about right, barring any unforeseen developments.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you all :).

16 weeks seems spot on. My dealers system is saying 16 weeks for a manual and 17 weeks for a DSG at the moment

• Like 1

Just now, Tim1631 said:

I ordered two weeks ago. Have a confirmed build date on 28th November and delivery in January 

A 245? thats pretty good going! I ordered 2 weeks ago too so fingers crossed

2 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

No idea, I've emailed the lease company to ask, but from previous experience it'll be around week 6-9.

if you go on Skoda live chat they will tell you. If your delivery date is March its pretty good that you already know! Usually dont get a confirmed build week until 2 weeks before

1 minute ago, matt9407 said:

if you go on Skoda live chat they will tell you. If your delivery date is March its pretty good that you already know! Usually dont get a confirmed build week until 2 weeks before

Just heard from back from them, no build week assigned so I think its more a finger in the air guess from the dealer. Its very different at Audi, build weeks are usually assigned a week or so after the order is placed. I had a customer wait 7 months for a Q7 build and I currently have a customer who has a build week of mid December, his A1 order was placed back in July...

37 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Just heard from back from them, no build week assigned so I think its more a finger in the air guess from the dealer. Its very different at Audi, build weeks are usually assigned a week or so after the order is placed. I had a customer wait 7 months for a Q7 build and I currently have a customer who has a build week of mid December, his A1 order was placed back in July...

Yeah I have been told the same thing - "Around March" - I doubt we will actually know anything for a while

57 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Somehow just managed to secure the (apparently) only unregistered 245 hatch in the UK! Getting it delivered next week :D

Really pleased for you, Matt.  Nice one! :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Good work. I am such a stickler for the spec that I'm going to wait

I think I would wait too if I had a specific spec. But I had ordered no options and had no colour preference so it was an easy choice for me!

Spoke to dealer last night, ours is still week 1. Hold, though Jean unsure why since they changed it from dealer to customer order, so hopefully they will bring it forward to at least build it his year!

So been waiting since wk 43 , when the car should have gone in to build , finally got an answer today that its at status 30 on way to the port , any bets i get it before mid december , would like to be driving by the 6 December as i have a week away in Devon , rather be doing 600 mile round trip in a DSG Race Blue car , should then have it Run in by the time i come back . Cheers  

Ordered mine week 33, told at week 40 that it had a provisional week 46 build. Now only a week away from that provisional date it's still not been confirmed. Skoda seem to make it up as they go along, I think they may need a touch of the infamous German efficiency or lose customers going forward.

20 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Ordered mine week 33, told at week 40 that it had a provisional week 46 build. Now only a week away from that provisional date it's still not been confirmed. Skoda seem to make it up as they go along, I think they may need a touch of the infamous German efficiency or lose customers going forward.

This is exactly the same for the big Germans as Skoda use the vw group factory system. I find it hilarious how impatient a lot of you become. It'll be here

Just ordered an Octavia 1.5tsi SEL DSG in Quartz Grey, spare wheel and Active Cruise Control. Car is on order for the dealership and if they can adjust the spec ( it's got a few things I don't need/want ) it will be built week 50. So delivery mid to end Jan 2018.

If the spec can't be altered then it will be February 2018, I hope.

having to VT current car as there will be no equity left, bummer.

4 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

This is exactly the same for the big Germans as Skoda use the vw group factory system. I find it hilarious how impatient a lot of you become. It'll be here

It's not so much the point of being impatient it's more the way they tend to throw build weeks around and how sometimes orders that have been say made after my particular order week of 33 are built before, there doesn't seem to be much of a system that neither my dealer or Skoda UK can figure out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Well, it does seem quite a long time tbh! Especially when you’re a 2 car family with one small car that actually works! It’s frustrating, but there’s nothing we. An do about it so no use worrying

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

It's not so much the point of being impatient it's more the way they tend to throw build weeks around and how sometimes orders that have been say made after my particular order week of 33 are built before, there doesn't seem to be much of a system that neither my dealer or Skoda UK can figure out.

Yeah, exactly, if we have to wait, fair enough, but either give us accurate facts/times or just say “sorry, we don’t know”. 

• Like 1