Delivery Timescales

On 2/8/2018 at 13:09, SunsetZed said:

Hi all,

I was in a Skoda dealership earlier today looking to place an order for a VRS and I was told they aren't taking orders on these at the moment as Skoda aren't building Octavia VRS's at the moment. 

Anybody know anything about this and when production is likely to restart? I want a VRS 230 with the red highlights on the interior. I'm pretty flexible on everything else, even whether it's a hatch or estate!

Thanks.

I tried to order one to and was told that the shift from Diesel to Petrol means they are short on engines Audi and VW will get them first. I had this problem with my last two vRS but they were Diesel had to wait 9 months for the first one Skoda will never learn.

Edited by MATT1

I was told by our dealer, that we were lucky to get ours built, as the factory aren't taking any more orders. And that was back in mid December. Thankfully, our 230 VRS estate was in the last batch built (week 4-2018). It is now in the uk awaiting delivery tp my dealer for our collection on or about 10th March. With less than a month to go, we are getting excited now.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 12:02, Mr Statto said:

Yup, car is waiting for transport

And a week on from arriving in the UK it's still awaiting transport to the dealer :crying:. At this rate I think I'll be telling them to wait till 3 March & getting an 18 reg

8 minutes ago, Mr Statto said:

And a week on from arriving in the UK it's still awaiting transport to the dealer :crying:. At this rate I think I'll be telling them to wait till 3 March & getting an 18 reg

I think I would too, when it's this close!

6 minutes ago, Mr Statto said:

At this time of the month, I'm sure I would wait for the 18 reg on Mar 1st. Even a day earlier would put it in an earlier reg, hit it's depreciation values. It would be worth the wait. Cheers, Dave 

7 minutes ago, Rolfman2000 said:

At this time of the month, I'm sure I would wait for the 18 reg on Mar 1st. Even a day earlier would put it in an earlier reg, hit it's depreciation values. It would be worth the wait. Cheers, Dave 

I wasn't that bothered about waiting for the reg originally, as we're hopefully going to be hanging onto this for as long as we've had our 2008 Roomster so residual value isn't important. If they've got it ready for this weekend then I'll get it, otherwise we'll wait. It does mean we'll have to get a wriggle on selling the Roomster though - the insurance runs out on 8 March, and I was hoping to get new paint protection applied while the Roomster is still available

• Like 1

I must admit Mr Statto, that I agree with your thoughts. As most folk don't keep cars that long, residual values are soetching I keep in mind. But in your case, you have options available. I have to wait for my existing contract to finish on 10th March, so no choice. Hope it all works out well for you. Cheers, Dave 

'Your OCTAVIA SE Technology is in transit from the Factory to the Port of Emden to be shipped.'

Finally an update from live chat to get excited about! Now let's see how long it takes to reach the dealers :sleepy:

4 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

I think the 67 reg looks crap compared to 18, I don’t know what it is but the 6* plates have never struck me as new cars when I see them.

Well a big :tongue: to you.  :D

3 hours ago, jtalep said:

'Your OCTAVIA SE Technology is in transit from the Factory to the Port of Emden to be shipped.'

Finally an update from live chat to get excited about! Now let's see how long it takes to reach the dealers :sleepy:

Great news!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rolfman2000 said:

Well, mine has already arrived at the dealer which is 4 weeks time. I'm going over to have a look at tomorrow (spine permitting). I hope yourdelivery is ok to Mr Stratto. Best wishes, Dave W 

Mine's finally en route to the dealer :clap: - highly doubt they'll have it prepped in time for a pickup this weekend though. Maybe I'll give them a call today - it'll be the first contact we've had with them since November!

• Like 1

So once again, mine took 137days from order to collection,bog standard spec 1.0 style hatchback manual with metallic paint and an alternative set of wheels

1 hour ago, Mr Statto said:

Mine's finally en route to the dealer :clap: - highly doubt they'll have it prepped in time for a pickup this weekend though. Maybe I'll give them a call today - it'll be the first contact we've had with them since November!

Fingers crossed for you my friend. Hope it works out in your favour. You may be lucky, they will have lots to prep for March 1st, but not many for this weekend. Hey ho, let us know. Cheers mate, Dave 

1 hour ago, 181ce said:

So once again, mine took 137days from order to collection,bog standard spec 1.0 style hatchback manual with metallic paint and an alternative set of wheels

Ordered ours on December 10th, and it is a bog standard VRS Estate in Graphite metallic, with red accents (our choice). Ours is at the dealers now. Haven't counted the days, but it's 3 months almost exactly. No idea why yours took longer ? 

43 minutes ago, Rolfman2000 said:

Ordered ours on December 10th, and it is a bog standard VRS Estate in Graphite metallic, with red accents (our choice). Ours is at the dealers now. Haven't counted the days, but it's 3 months almost exactly. No idea why yours took longer ? 

I'm in Ireland 1.0 delivery now being quoted as 6 months

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mr Statto said:

They haven't been in touch with you since November??  Who said customer service was dead? :speechless:

2 hours ago, 181ce said:

Look at my sig.. Exactly 23 weeks, 161 days.  Do I get the crown?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

They haven't been in touch with you since November??  Who said customer service was dead? :speechless:

Our last email was from the sales manager to say it should be delivered on 29 December! I emailed the salesman back to check (having already been told by Live Chat that provisional build date was week 4) & he never came back to us. Not been particularly impressed so far, but don't have much to compare with - the last time we bought a car in 2008 we didn't have the option of Live Chat & can't remember how much communication we had between order & collection

I must admit that my entire experience with Skoda hasn't been impressive either.  I can say, hand on heart, that it's the worst customer service I've received, from any manufacturer.  It's shocking that dealers continue to offer such shoddy service.  You would have thought that they would try to keep you onside for future business but they just don't seem to care.  They also seem to not get that forums like this are used more and more by their prospective customers and can have an important impact on their sales.  I pointed this out to the Skoda Executive Office when I complained but, hey ho!

It's great that yours is finally on the way to the dealers so at least the end is finally in sight!!

11 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

I must admit that my entire experience with Skoda hasn't been impressive either.  I can say, hand on heart, that it's the worst customer service I've received, from any manufacturer.  It's shocking that dealers continue to offer such shoddy service.  You would have thought that they would try to keep you onside for future business but they just don't seem to care.  They also seem to not get that forums like this are used more and more by their prospective customers and can have an important impact on their sales.  I pointed this out to the Skoda Executive Office when I complained but, hey ho!

It's great that yours is finally on the way to the dealers so at least the end is finally in sight!!

I had exactly the same in 2013 when I got my mk3 vrs. Was told 8-10 weeks, took 5 months. We all keep going back because they are cheap and you certainly get what you pay for.

• Like 1