Octavia 3 rs - scratched exterior plastic door frame

Hello guys, i want to ask you if its possible to buy a new outdoor plastic frame for octy3 rs doors, mine on my octy 3 rs are shiny and they are made from a very sensitive plastic and they are now very scratched and its looking really bad, is it possible to dismantle them and replace them ? or did they come only with a whole doors ?

I mean this : 

Untitled.png

Edited by safire

Autoglym Super Resin Polish and a bit of elbow grease will make a huge difference, circular motion and a bit of pressure, if you can get it over there

If you have a machine or know someone with one then that's best

This stuff's really good for dark colours and hiding the scratches in the trim :

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/glazes/poorboys-black-hole/prod_494.html

I plan to machine polish mine over the summer - some parts are really badly scratched thanks to the way it was cleaned before I bought it.

Also have LOADS of annoying scratches on the gearstick surround ... black hole glaze tends to hide them pretty well too.

• Like 1

One of mine is like this also OP. Planning to machine polish it which should hopefully bring it back. Failing that you can probably do it by hand with a polishing pad, a cutting polish and some serious elbow grease! How deep are the scratches? If you can't feel them with your fingernail then they should polish out.

These look really rubbish and mark far too easily IMHO. Even fingermarks seem to scratch them - I try to avoid touching them, but try telling the missus and kids... :dry:

Machine polishing will sort them, but make sure you mask the surrounding rubbers first, and be careful not to overheat and damage the plastic.

5 hours ago, safire said:

Hello guys, i want to ask you if its possible to buy a new outdoor plastic frame for octy3 rs doors, mine on my octy 3 rs are shiny and they are made from a very sensitive plastic and they are now very scratched and its looking really bad, is it possible to dismantle them and replace them ? or did they come only with a whole doors ?

I mean this : 

Untitled.png

I can't help, but this pic reminds me what a fine looking car the Octavia Combi vRS is, mine was the same colour as this. I'm in a Golf R Estate now, but think the Octavia is the better looking car.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for your answers :) i am planning to polish it with but i want to be sure i can buy a new one when something goes wrong, im super cautious since i damaged my old octy2 headlidhts when polishing :D i guess i will find some cardetailing garage and let them polish it :)  Thank you @imikk3 for scheme i will look at it tomorrow :)

3 hours ago, stu83 said:

Also have LOADS of annoying scratches on the gearstick surround ... black hole glaze tends to hide them pretty well too.

This + instrument panel plastic they used on these cars are triggering me soooo much, such a cheap,scratch prone plastic on such a visibly place... you can scratch them using a microfibre which is insane...

My whole columbus unit, even shiny trims are without a single scratch and im usings the same microfiber to clean whole dashboard so i can clearly see where skoda saved every penny, certainly on making a cheap interior plastics...

51 minutes ago, Dodgy said:

I can't help, but this pic reminds me what a fine looking car the Octavia Combi vRS is, mine was the same colour as this. I'm in a Golf R Estate now, but think the Octavia is the better looking car.

Me too :) I  like octavia 3 rs more than golf mk7 gt. It differs from person to person tho :)

Edited by safire

• 2 weeks later...

Had a go at sorting my scratched one over the weekend as part of a detailing session.

Used some Menzerna cutting polish on a microfibre cloth rubbed in with some elbow grease. Have to say it took less than a couple of minutes for the scratches to have disappeared and the black trim is now shiny again.

Unfortunately didn't grab any pictures, but try by hand first before tackling with a machine polisher as it might not be necessary :)

7 hours ago, Petunet said:

It is not very difficult to take them off, 2 minutes each.

I wrapped mine:

35521628022_169e6d29ac_z.jpg

35303252970_1999deca25_z.jpg

35690281685_8ff8498e18_z.jpg

35303252210_cf67f0bf0b_z.jpg

They look 'effin sweet! What vinyl did you use?